Otoplasty - Pinole, CA

Every since I was in elementary school, I've hated...

Every since I was in elementary school, I've hated my ears. I love having my hair up, but because I was self conscious about my ears, I had to always pull strands of my hair down in front of my ears in order to cover them. The older I got, the more my ears bothered me. The day I turned 18, I started looking into otoplasty as a possibility. I worked part time at my parents' job for a year in order to raise enough money for the procedure. I was very nervous, as I had to go through the whole experience by myself (parents weren't in love with the idea). But I have to say, the absolute worst part about my experience was everything leading up to the moment I met Dr. Mabrie. After my consultation, I felt good. He made me feel very comfortable and made sure that I knew that it was what I wanted. I was a little worried about the pain but I can honestly say I didn't feel anything. The weird part was hearing the excision, but i'll take that over the pain any day. The soreness after the anesthesia wore off was definitely withstandable (nothing tylenol couldn't relieve). As for the most important thing—the results, I am extremely pleased. My ears are symmetrical and don't protrude out like they used to. I now tie my hair up without having to worry about my ears and I feel extremely confident. I am very glad that I went to Dr. Mabrie and I can honestly recommend anyone who feels very self conscious about their ears to go to him for a consultation!
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for posting your story! We'd love to see photos too, if you feel comfortable sharing them. :)