Breast Reduction 19 Years Old. Lets Do This! - Phoenix, AZ

Hey there! I am scheduled to get a breast...

hey there! I am scheduled to get a breast reduction on december 15th, 2011. only four more days! AH!

So to start off.. I've never really liked boobs to begin with. Back when I was 15 I had B's and would constantly wear sports bras to squish them down. dont ask me why... im just weird I guess haha. then 16 came around and I grew C's. I didnt totallly mind them because I could still push them down, plus not gonna lie at times the attention wasnt half bad. BUT THENNN. Then they grew to full C's, then grew to D's, and then grew to DD's in a span of a year and a half. Im 5'10, 130 pounds, and now currently wear a 32E. AH... my worst nightmare. All my friends think they're fine as they are and "blah blah this is what we all want dont just cut them off thats ridiculous youre crazy blah blahh." and all i can tell them is hey what is good for you.. doesnt necessarily mean that it is good for me. I feel gross walking around and they shake and bounce in all directions and guys stare and all i can think is "ew you dont know me! dont look at me like that!" haha but what can ya do..

I basically decided i would rather live my entire life with scars.. than with huge boobs that I never really wanted in the first place. Once all is said and done, Im hoping to be around a small C/ full B. With living in Arizona, I just want to be able to throw on a shirt or tank top, without feeling the need to throw on a jacket. Im sure you ladies get where im coming from. I feel top heavy, and boobs just really arent my style.

Yet at times I cant help to second guess.. maybe my friends are right.. maybe I shouldnt do this.. can I live with the scars? do I realllly want to have small boobs.. I mean big boobs are really all I've ever known. However I just think of alll the countless reasons why I want them to be much smaller. My back hurts ALL the time, they make me look bigger, I cant really get them any smaller by loosing weight because I already have a thin frame, I cant workout anymore, I feel uncomfortable, I hate wearing swimsuits, shopping isnt fun, my bras are incredible expensive, just ughhh. who wants that?!

I looked into getting a breast reduction when I was 18, however decided to wait a year just in case they grew bigger.. which, of course, they did. I saw two different doctors over the summer and decided the second one was gonna be my surgeon. All we had to do was wait for insurance... and then finally after two months of waiting, my insurance company decided to cover 80% of my surgery. YAY! Good enough for me!

So I've had my date set, and now I am just a nervous wreck waiting these last four days. The mere thought of surgery just scares me half to death. AHHH I mean.. someone is literally going to be cutting me open. What kinda crazy person would agree to that? hahaa.. I guess me!

Well anyways, that is pretty much my story in a nutshell!

Well... only 6 more hours until i have to be at...

well... only 6 more hours until i have to be at the hospital. I AM FREAKING OUT! seriously cannot stop shaking just by simply thinking about it.. im so so so nervous and anxious and excited and scared, and gosh, i dont even know what to think. I went out to dinner with my family tonight, went to target and got footie pajamas and all sorts of comfy button up clothes. It was a relaxing last day with the girls!

Soo I guess next time I post on here, ill have small boobs! so crazy. anyways, goodnight now :)

Okay so today is day 2 post op. Thursday I was a...

Okay so today is day 2 post op. Thursday I was a nervous wreck, I literally started shaking. They ended up giving me medicine to calm down. Yet thankfully I didnt start crying, that was a big worry of mine. So I got to the hospital, signed some paperwork, peed in a cup, and got set up in my bed. I waited there for about thirty mins just hanging out, calming down, etc. My doctor then came in and answered any questions of mine, I showed him pictures of what I want, and then he marked me up. I then met the rest of my doctors and they went over everything and what to expect once I wake up. Reality realllly started to set in. Next my doctor led a prayer, and then after it was time to say goodbye to my parents! I told my anesthesiologist I didnt want to see the surgery room, so I guess after i said goodbye to my parents he put the medicine in! Apparently though I hugged all these nurses as they were wheeling my away, I dont remember any of this. And so honestly next thing I remember, my mom is hugging me and I'm all bandaged up. I was extremely groggy and thirsty, my lips were blue and I just wanted water. I said weird things like "god bless" and would point to my bandage and say "bandage" and then I literally hugged every person in sight.. haha dont ask me why! Everything was pretty simple though. I then got dressed, and came home! My boyfriend came over later, and all I did was sleep and hold his hand. annd that's pretty much all I have been doing! just sleeping, and walking around the kitchen.

Today is the day I get to shower though! Im SO nervous for this first look. Okay wish me luck! Oh gosh. Bye now :)

Oh yeah! In case anyone was wondering, I forgot to...

Oh yeah! In case anyone was wondering, I forgot to add some stuff! The surgery was expected to take 2 and a half hours, however ended up going over 3 hours. He wanted to make sure they were "perfect" and that I was really happy with them, so he took extra time. He took out 410 grams from each side, which is basically a pound.

So its been almost a month since my surgery and my...

So its been almost a month since my surgery and my breasts are kind of itchy.. this is normal right? I mean everything is healing fine and all that I just want to make sure! Also, my nipples are extremmmely sensitive. Is this normal? I was expecting them to lose their sensation, and instead, the opposite is happening. I have been sleeping on my side and kind of on my stomach again, and I can actually hug people! so thats good. anyways, hope everyone is doing great

People have asked what I wear instead of a bra.. I...

People have asked what I wear instead of a bra.. I basically lived in these, or in tight tank tops (which I still wear)...

Hope this helps :)
Travis Holcombe

How did you find your surgeon? I can't seem to find any photos of his work besides you :(
I love your results!! I've tried researching your surgeon's (Travis Holcombe) work but I can't find any photos beside yours. :( How did you find/pick him?
How did you get covered for insurance? Did you ever complain to your doctor about back or neck pain. im a 34DD/DDD and have never formally complained about it so I feel like I'll have to pay all out of pocket. p.s. you look amazing! so happy for you, I can only imagine hwo amazing it feels to be able to wear a tank top ahhh jealous!
Wow! Good for you! My story is very similar to yours. I'm 125 lbs and a 32E/F right now, getting a reduction this fall looking to go to a C cup. Very nervous and scared, but seeing a story and result like yours makes me feel better and more excited! :) Go you!
My BR was on 3/7. I feel so great, I love my new breasts!! I didnt tell surgeon any particular size, I just said SMALLEST u can , which is around a B for my body type and size, that is why I knew my surgeon knew what he was doing, I look wonderul, my healing time is awesome, no pain whatsoever! I just use oil and keep the scars lubricated, I love not wearing an under wire bra!! I just love them, Mine have NO folds in them which is what I wanted, perfectly perky and there MINE, just a lot lot lot smaller, what a changed person I feel like! What a bargain for how I feel!!
I was just reading through your review, you look great! I was wondering if you got any smaller after the one month mark? I had my surgery 4 weeks ago and I'm a small D still and was hoping to go to a C. I'm tall like you and was worried about going too small ( I'm not nearly as thin though) but I'm so desparagely wanting that C.
I had my BR 4/5. I also am hoping for a C size. But remember that each bra company has their own idea of cup sizes. You might be a D with one company and a C in another. I always thought of A-B-C cups as 'normal' and anything D and over was big boobs. As long as they look and feel right-it won't matter.

You look REALLY pretty. Glad you're happy.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I hope that mine look as good as yours when the doctors get done!
Hi Breezy! I was just thinking about you and wondering how your healing is going!
Hey there, my surgery is on Wed March 7, and I am so excited, at 57 years old I have been wanting to do this for 30 years!! I am only 5'2" and have double d's, this is gonna be life changing! :)
How did you do? How are you feeling? Mine is 4/5.
Oh my gosh, you look AMAZING! You look exactly how I want to look! My parents live in Phoenix so I'm almost wondering if I could use your doc.

How are you doing now? Your scars already look like they are healing wonderfully in the picture, but I wonder if they have faded a bit since then?

You must feel almost like you can fly now! That's how I imagine myself after these "boulders" are removed. I'm so happy for you and wish you the best!
Hey solarmama! Thank you so much! YES you should definitely use him, he is honestly such a blessing I HIGHLY recommend him.

Im doing great now! I've already gotten used to them, and honestly I can't even remember what my old boobs used to look like as weird as that is. My scars haven't really faded all that much, I just started using scargaurd so hopefully they'll die down in the next few months. Seriously so life changing, scars and all, this is the BEST decision I could make. Let me know if you need any help or support with anything!
Hey Breezy! Any changes since your last photos? Has the shape changed, did they drop more? I'm getting my surgery on March 13th -- the lollipop technique......I'm more nervous than excited at this stage....!!
Hey Aurora! No changes since my last photos they still look the same. Wow that's really soon! Do you feel good about your doctor and everything now? Seriously so exciting, dont be nervous youre in great hands, best of luck to you :)
I was finally approved by my insurance and have a 4/5 surgery date. The wait for the approval was the worst part so far!! I am soo excited-no nerves yet. I hope to go from 38DDD/E to a C. Hope that isn't expecting to much. I will try to get photos up. I only had the ones from the Dr. and he has it. I hope you are still feeling good!!
yay congratulations that is seriously so exciting! Personally for sizing I was a small E, and now im a small C.. so I dont think that would be a problem for you! I wanted to go a little smaller, but I couldn't really have any more taken out otherwise it would start hitting my nerves and could cause issues. So I think going to a C should be just fine for you! Im feeling great thanks :) congrats again youre going to feel like a new woman!
Look great!!!
Amazing results!
thanks iowa :)
You look awesome! Congratulations!!! One of the best reductions I've seen!!!!
aw thank you so much nicole!