It Was Quite an Experience - Phoenix, AZ

I am a few months from 70 and it has been six...

I am a few months from 70 and it has been six weeks since surgery and I am pleased as punch. I went into this just to have my turkey neck removed as it had been hanging there for a few years, but didn't realize how much the procedure would change my life. I am so happy with the results that I smile all the time.

There is a short two week period that is uncomfortable, however what is two weeks of a lifetime??
I retired from my job at a 5 star resort on July 1st and made a trip back to see everyone just this week. I had people tell me I look so rested, others said I appeared 10 years younger, one even said I looked 20 years younger. I didn't have the surgery for this purpose, it was just a bonus!! I recommend this procedure for anyone that desires a more youthful appearance.

Before procedure all steps of it are explained throughly, if any questions just pick up the phone and there is always someone to answer them. I guess I should just sat "there are no surprises"

more reveiu on dr. woods lifestyle
are u happy with the at lifestyle
why is thier only 1 reveiu on lifestyle in arizona with dr. woods
Hello, I am excited but nervous about getting rid of my turkeyneck so if you could please give me the name of your surgeon because I am nearly same age as you and don't have a lot to spend and want to recover at my home. I live in the Phoenix area too...so I assume your doctor was in Phoenix please respond to my email address as soon as you have time. HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I am going to be very honest with you. Be prepared for a longer healing time than you will be lead to believe. At our age things just take time. I had surgery on October 23rd and still have some swelling in front of ears, also tenderness behind ears, however nothing I can't live with.
Also must still try to sleep on my back, however do turn over while sleeping and it does not wake me up
And the doctor was very honest with me and said it could take as long as a year before all is settled in.
I had my surgery done by Doctor
Robert Wood at the Lifestyle location at 22nd and Camelback. He only works for lifestyle on Thursdays and Fridays.
I don't know much about him other than he has been a plastic surgeon for approximately thirty years and has a private plastic surgery office when not working at Lifestyle. Good luck to you, let me know how it goes, I am happy with mine!!
Brenda
to answer your questions:

1. Yes, I did experience some pain, after all it was "surgery" and pain was expected (a rather redundant question if you ask me)!! Pain pills and antibiotics were supplied by the doctor!! The procedure itself took approximately two hours.
I am a senior citizen so was a bit slower getting back on my feet than someone in their forties or fifties would be. I was down a week, then moved a little slow the second week. By the third week life got back pretty much to normal. The face was still pretty swollen but not painful.

2. I was a little apprehensive at the thought of having my skin cut and removed before meeting the doctor, but he answered all my questions and when I saw the actual picture of me from the side I knew this was something I really wanted to do. In fact I have wanted to do this for years, but the thought of being laid up in a hospital did not appeal to me. I was so happy to find Lifestyle and have the freedom to heal at home!!!

3. I was well informed of all I was in store for before the surgery. All questions were answered and I was prepared for all that followed.

Thank you BGRENZ for the more detailed info.

Hi BGRENZ ,

Thanks for the review, you please provide a bit more information about your experience to fully aid our community.

1. Did you experience pain and downtime, do you have a few more details about the overall procedure?

2. What made you decide to go through with this procedure, how long had you been thinking about it?

3. What do you wish you knew before hand?

Thanks so much,