Had PRK. Ouch! - Phoenix, AZ

I had the PRK procedure two weeks ago. The doctor...

I had the PRK procedure two weeks ago. The doctor suggested this option due to my high prescription (-5.5 each eye) and because I had some scarring where the flap zone would have been.

Long story short: I was in extreme pain that slowly diminished over three days. I only got 15 minutes of sleep the first night and 3 hours of sleep the second night. I'm not sure why my recovery was so painful, but it was.

Worth it? I think so. Vision is still clearing up and I"m dealing with horrible light sensitivity in the morning, but those things should clear up within a month. It's nice being able to see!

3-week update: Looking back at the first week, I...

3-week update:
Looking back at the first week, I sure went through a lot of pain but it is all gone now. It feels like my right eye has stabilized so that it isn't blurry at all. The left eye was clear for a while but now it's a tad blurry. I'm confident it will clear up completely when it's done healing.
On day 8 after the procedure I spent a Saturday driving and being outside in direct Phoenix sunlight. (I had the dark sunglasses on.) But then the next 5 days were torturous. I could hardly keep my eyes open in sunlight, even if I had two dark sunglasses on. Somehow I drove to work in the morning but it definitely wasn't safe. I had been using Thera tears in the bottle which claim to be preservative free, but apparently they aren't. The Dr. had me switch to the individual vials and a couple days later I was much better. I'm not sure if it was the drops or that my eyes just needed to heal through a phase.
Anyway, now at the three-week mark, I hardly need any artificial tears - maybe once a day if that. I will remain on the steroid drops for a while as I have some hazing on the edges of my left eye (doesn't affect my vision).

Oh, I should have mentioned that my eyesight is...

Oh, I should have mentioned that my eyesight is 20/20 or better. I get some starbursts/halos at night but they aren't that bad if I keep my eyes moist.
Nationwide Lasik - Phoenix

Thanks for sharing your PRK story, donnyjuanny (love the name! ;). Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm interested to see how your recovery progresses. (I'm considering PRK.)