A Couple of Months In...- Phoenix, AZ

I've had my Invisalign for 10 weeks now. It's been...

I've had my Invisalign for 10 weeks now. It's been easy and painless until the last week, when I had some serious pain in just one tooth, which after my ortho appt I was reassured is normal, just that tooth moving a lot with this set of trays. It's feeling better already and I'll have a nicer smile soon!

Dr. Amy McKeever

Dr. McKeever was recommended by several coworkers, and she and her staff are wonderful!

Good luck and keep up with it. I'm very diligent about brushing and flossing also (always was even before Invisalign). I have cut down from 4-5 meals a day to just 2 or 3 just like you. It really forces me to think "is eating this right now worth all the effort to clean my teeth afterwards." Usually not (hence, I gave up a delicious hot fudge sundae last night just because I had already cleaned my teeth for the evening a few hours before).
I was a small meal every 4 hours kind of eater before, but, no more! I eat 3 times a day, sometimes just 2...the flossing and brushing every time is a surprising amount of work. But absolutely necessary! I've heard about bad breath, dark spots and mouth sores but not had any of those troubles, and I'm sure it's due to diligent brushing and flossing!

Its sounds like overall things are going really well for you. Did you have to adjust your eating habits when you first got your trays? It seems a lot of people really decrease their snacking because its just plain too much of a hassle to do.