Hard to Remove - Phoenix, AZ

Hard to remove from mouth. Dread mealtimes, takes...

Hard to remove from mouth. Dread mealtimes, takes me up to 3 minutes to remove them. Surely I must be doing something wrong, what is the secret?

They are clear, don't hurt my mouth, but removal is difficult. Don't know that I made the right decision, but I am new at this, will give it more time

Happy I didn't give up on my Invisalign...

Happy I didn't give up on my Invisalign treatment. Did make the right decision after all. Got used to removing them, I now have no trouble at all. I am going into my 6th tray in a couple of weeks, so far so good.

Michael Ovens

My orthodontist is awesome and his staff are all friendly. I look forward to my appointments.

pat in az, so glad to see the update to your review & that you have figured out how to remove your trays. Well done for sticking it out & pushing through the tough part!

The best advice I can give you is whenever you are going to switch to a new aligner, put it in at night after your last meal before you go to bed. That way you will have at least 8 or so hours for the teeth to move, allowing for the aligners to loosen. I pull mine out with 2 fingers on each side and put my middle fingers on the last set attachments. But be really careful.
I am on tray 3 right now and it gets easier as time goes by. I have an issue with my bottom because my k-9s stick out on each side so that is a hassle at times. don't give up, I was spending 10 minutes in the beginning trying. You will develop a routine for your mouth that works best for you.

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time getting the trays out! It seems to be a pretty common thing among people getting use to them though.

There is a forum open that discusses this very issue. Click here to see the tips other community members left, and feel free to add any others you come across.