Not Worth It - Phoenix, AZ

Had malar large cheek implants Dec 2010; at first...

Had malar large cheek implants Dec 2010; at first my face was extremely swollen, bruised (I had a bad reaction to anestheia which caused bruising and hospitalization), and no ability to laugh or smile whatsoever...Didnt look normal until almost 3 weeks later, when able to return to work, I told everyone I had dental surgery.

Finally about 4 weeks later, when the swelling was finally going down I developed an agressive staph infection in the right side. Once again, one side of my face swelled up to the size of a watermellon within 2 hours. I went immediately in to my surgeon, who started me on Cipro, then scheduled emergency surgery the next morning.

As soon as the implants were removed, my face improved. That night I could once again smile, and I looked normal. Unfortunately, the infection had left some scar tissue in my right cheek, which 8 months later, when I had Radiesse injected, took 3x as long to inject. I loved the effect 4 weeks after the surgery, but the pain, complications and infection have scared me away from further plastic surgery..

See above