I Cannot Thank Dr. Andres Enough! - Phoenix, AZ

After treatment for Stage 3 Breast Cancer, I had...

After treatment for Stage 3 Breast Cancer, I had few options for delayed breast reconstruction. The tissue was rock hard and very unsightly after 30 radiation treatments and a large infection. I read that many women choose not to have reconstruction surgery but I was not happy with that option. My choice in clothes was limited because of the tissue taken from my upper chest and underarm during the modified radical Mastectomy on my right side. The 2 pound prosthesis was uncomfortable. I had a difficult time looking in the mirror at my chest, and I felt UGLY. After extensive research and consulting another Plastic Surgeon, I felt that my only option was the DIEP breast reconstruction procedure.

I'm so glad you are happy with your choice. Thank you for being honest about how you were feeling before your reconstruction. Would you mind filling us in on some of the details of what going through the actual procedures was like, and how your healing went?

Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

I have heard much about Dr. Andres from others with cancer. At various groups and meetings, his name was mentioned as one of the best reconstructive surgeons. I researched the DIEP flap and found that he is also one of the few plastic surgeons throughout the country who even offer this highly skilled procedure. His qualifications far exceed any expectation. I would recommend him to anybody for any plastic surgery procedure. I cannot thank you enough for all that you have done! My words cannot express the gratitude and appreciation that I have for Dr. Lewis Andres and his staff. I am grateful that I was able to access a top Plastic Surgeon in breast reconstruction surgery, and a highly trained and skilled surgeon in the DIEP breast reconstruction procedure. There are very few Plastic Surgeons that can perform one of the most difficult procedures in Plastic Surgery, and Dr. Andres is one of the few. I started the process of breast reconstruction with apprehension. I had survived Cancer treatment and wondered if I was ready for elective surgery. I thank Dr. Andres for making the journey such a positive experience. Dr. Andres’ staff took care of all the insurance details for me. They were at all times professional, efficient and personable. The results have far exceeded my expectations. I use the word “amazed” all of the time to describe how I look and feel. Now, after the process is complete, I would highly recommend the DIEP breast reconstruction procedure. I appreciate Dr. Lewis Andres for his support, encouragement and, of course, his expertise in breast reconstruction procedures.