Surgery and Your Children - Phoenix, AZ

Let me start by saying that I am new to this site...

Let me start by saying that I am new to this site and I love it how many of you are so helpful and supportive.So Im having surgery in May bbl,lipo and possible tt.

I have a 2 year old very attached to mommy how do you manage best being away from your baby and returning back home and still not being able to hold your baby as usual?

Dr. Campos

Hi I'm almost at 1 month post op now and while it was hard being away from my 2 daughters I feel it was worth it as I have never been so happy and confident!! I had basically no real pain after my bbl, lipo and breast implants. I was looking after my girls full time within 2 weeks post op and while it does hurt when they bump or hit me in certain spots it's not as difficult as I thought it would be. I have not been able to pick up my 2 year old yet but only have to wait for the 1 month mark to do it however I've been getting her to come up on my lap while on the couch or a chair and standing from there with her and that seems to be working out ok and is not painful (as long as she doesn't kick my stomach) as I'm using my legs to lift her instead of my stomach and upper body. Hope this is helpful to you.
Hi Itsmetime. I'm having surgery 3/14 and I have a 2 year old and a nine year old and have no doubt that the hardest part (apart from the pain) will be being away from my girls for nearly 2 weeks. I also expect that it's going to be hard looking after them when I get back home but I see it being good for them in the long run having a mum that is so much happier. After all it's us they look up to and I want my girls to see their mum happy within herself and confident. I realize this comment probably doesn't help you I just thought I'd share how I feel about being away from my babies. Good luck with your surgery.

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I'm sure you'll get lots of advice and support from our community members. Looking forward to reading your updates as your journey progresses!

Kirsty