Plasma Portrait Laser Got Acne Scars - Phoenix, AZ

Sitting in office waiting for procedure. Asked me...

Sitting in office waiting for procedure. Asked me to come in an hour early but waiting now for 15 min guess I'm just nervous. How this works hard it is painful. 2 yrs ago I had 6 laser treatments. 5 were low powered the other was high I will tell you names once I remember, but they didn't work for long once the swelling went down it only lasted a few months so fingers crossed this plasma laser is better.

Plasma Portrait Laser for Acne Scars

Ok the other laser I was talking about earlier were fraxel and 1 Co2. Like I said they felt as though I was being shocked on every inch of my face. This time I went to Dr Latowsky who is a new dermatologist for me, but I like her seems honest and caring, great staff too. They made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions was a bit of wait before procedure but like I said I was nervous so I think I was just working myself up
So now to the actual procedure wasn't as bad as the other lasers. It is like a puff of air on that spot then a slight Indian burn feeling, really didn't hurt much. Smell of burning skin is not great but can't help that. I was given a valium & pain pill before procedure and then they put the numbing cream on and I waited for a bit till the meds kicked in. Then I was brought to another room where she started my treatment, like I said wasn't bad and was very quick. She went over my deeper scars 2x which was nice and then they sort of wrap your face with ice cold water, teaspoon of white vinegar & sterile gauze which feels great! They do that for a few mins then put the Aquaphor (Vaseline like- over the counter) on my face and they walked me out to my hubby. They did go over home care instructions with me 2 times and they answered every question I had even of topic questions. The staff is great and Dr was very caring.
The only thing I didn't like was the office they actually do the laser treatment in. It's in Phoenix but at a different location, which isn't so nice and you can hear everything in other rooms and her staff talking. At least the staff were talking about being healthy and eating right so that's good. Her Scottsdale office is plush, spacious, beautiful and sterile which I love! I'm in healthcare so I am always concerned with cleanliness.
At my first office visit to Scottsdale I had no wait and they went over my meds with me and my options. Like I said the Dr was honest about what results to expect not like other that promise everything will be close to perfect.
Right now I'm very happy. I got home was fine actually did laundry and cleaned up a bit did not need anymore pain meds yet. Did do a face soak with distilled white vinegar and ice water then more aquaphor- they didn't pursue to buy their products just recommended the over the counter$5 stuff that works great. This is 6 hours after procedure and feels fine so far.

2 days after Portrait Plasma for Acne Scars

Sleeping was uncomfortable again and starting to itch slightly today but otherwise doing good. Still doing water and vinegar cloth baths on my face and lots of Aquaphor. Bruises seem to be doing well healing good

Day 6 after plasma laser for Acne Scars

Went for check up today. The staff took me back right away, few minutes before my appointment and by 12 my appointment time I saw the Dr :) she said I'm healing good. 1 more day of cold water and vinegar face baths and I should be able to put makeup on. I don't mind the face baths so I'm going to keep doing it over the weekend and not wear make up yet just to be safe. But glad everything went well and I'm feeling good except stomach I can't tolerate antibiotics too much lucky today is last day. Yay so far Im happy.

A month and half later

My scars are looking better, although I started braking out again. They are not lasting as long but still getting some breakouts on my chin. I have been using the Indian Healing Clay which I think had helped alot. Here are some photos of my skin now
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

So far good. For my consul staff was great friendly and prompt. Dr was very nice and honest. I hope the procedure goes well. Today waiting in office for 20 min now, they asked me to come an hour early but don't see why if I'm going to sit in waiting room. Also they called in my rx yesterday but when I called the office to ask her staff if it was anything I had to take in advanced- antibiotic they said no they didn't think so. So I waited till day of procedure to pick up rx and pharmacist said I was suppose to start then the day before :(

I to my after care 3 month appointment and the Dr and I agreed that I got about 70% improvements on my scars. If I keep up with the moisturizing 2x a day and drink plenty of water you can barely see them :) I'm sorry happy with the results. I did stay breaking out on my chin though again which sinks but Epiduo had helped.
After this laser treatment.Wil never again pimple repeat or it wil come again
How much this costs
Hi his might sound weird but is there a way to post a selfish picture of you showing your whole face? Your ear is hogging the picture. Hehe

Thanks for the update, glad to see things are going well!

Yeah...I read staffs from acne.org, but I like realself more. Your high setting must have some measurements for sure. Seeing your downtime I think your setting was more than me. Next weekend I will visit my derm again to have PRP again for my scars, then I will ask you my setting. I had only 3 days down time which suggest it was with lower parameter. Talking about acne.org, there I read once a review of skin grafting for acne scars and she was very very happy with the results. The lotion and face wash you mentioned is general or specifically for acne scars?Do post pictures, would love to see your improvements.
Yeah I had one dermatologist say that grafting is good but still leaves s little scar and the dermatologist I have now like I said won't do it. She thinks it's worse. The acne.org cleanse and moisturizer I'd just general to stop breakouts, works good though.
Thanks Jax M. Can you share your settings of laser. I would compare with my derm to see what settings she did it for me..
On the plasma Portrait laser there are only 2 setting low and high. My Dr did high because I have very fair skin color. If you have natural color in your skin tone they recommend you use low setting so it does not discolor skin. When I had Co2 done several times I think they used low setting which did not work. Stinks that we can't find something to really show dramatic improvement when it is clearly something people need and will pay for. I will post new pics tomorrow. Have you read any of the stuff on Acne.org ? I love the face wash and lotion and they have a lot of people on that site too with same problem we have.

Check out Paula Begoun's website at ************** com. She has an excellent serum for healing called Scar-Reducing Serum with Quercetin and Vitamin C (nayy). Samples are available and it's not expensive as serums go. Really good ingredients. It helps heal anything more quickly and evenly. She also has tons of evidence based reviews of products, i.e., all ingredients in any product must have published medical journal articles attesting to their effectiveness, not just marketing hype and unknown "clinical studies" to back them up. Free and very helpful.

Thank you, I will do that.
Hi Jax M, How's you healing? Nothing to be exited yet?
Hi They are getting smoother :) Now if I could get rid of they few Ice pic scars and old red marks I would be one happy girl! I've been keeping my skin highly moisturized so I think that helps too, but yes it is improving. I'm also going to start using Bragg's unpurified apple cider vinegar as a light toner. People on all natural boards swears it works. Keep us posted on your progress!
How are your scars now. Do you have improvements?
I think just wrote on your wall, lol. It's day 10 and only about 30% improvement. Thinking I will try Juviderm to fill in the deeper scars slightly. The red old marking I had in my face are gone though but no scars that had any depth to them they are still here. I'm sad the swelling of my face made it look very good the past week but no that selling is gone I'm a little disappointed. Again like you the Dr said give it a couple months but from my 6 other laser 2 yrs ago nothing ever improved :(
Hey Sohamb, I just read like 1000 reviews on Amazon for Aztec Indian healing Clay. It's suppose to show significant improvements fast. I just ordered it ($6.99) and Braggs Apple Vinegar "The Mother" ($3.00)to mix it with and then spray rose water ($14) as a moisturizer before bed and in morning. Check it out on Amazon read some of the reviews. I sure hope this helps :)

Happy to hear that everything is healing well!

Thanks so much for sharing your story, please keep us posted with your results :)

Great review, yes. Please give us an update in a few weeks. I'd love to hear what the results were.
Me too, can't wait to see. Today is a little over 24hrs and I'm healing great, only hurts/burns in between icing and putting Aquaphor on otherwise I'm impressed. Sleeping wasn't fun hard to get comfortable sleeping face up, but that's not that bad. Redness really want down and some swelling too which is crazy because I normally don't heal well.I did take vitaminE for 2 weeks before treatment maybe that had helped. Will post pics tom.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing from you again in a month or two. Hope it's all you expected.
I gave them 4 stats overall only because of the Phoenix office...sorry I just didn't think pillows and blankets should be on the floor. Other then that they are awesome