Plasma Portrait Laser Got Acne Scars - Phoenix, AZ

Sitting in office waiting for procedure. Asked me...

Sitting in office waiting for procedure. Asked me to come in an hour early but waiting now for 15 min guess I'm just nervous. How this works hard it is painful. 2 yrs ago I had 6 laser treatments. 5 were low powered the other was high I will tell you names once I remember, but they didn't work for long once the swelling went down it only lasted a few months so fingers crossed this plasma laser is better.

Plasma Portrait Laser for Acne Scars

Ok the other laser I was talking about earlier were fraxel and 1 Co2. Like I said they felt as though I was being shocked on every inch of my face. This time I went to Dr Latowsky who is a new dermatologist for me, but I like her seems honest and caring, great staff too. They made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions was a bit of wait before procedure but like I said I was nervous so I think I was just working myself up
So now to the actual procedure wasn't as bad as the other lasers. It is like a puff of air on that spot then a slight Indian burn feeling, really didn't hurt much. Smell of burning skin is not great but can't help that. I was given a valium & pain pill before procedure and then they put the numbing cream on and I waited for a bit till the meds kicked in. Then I was brought to another room where she started my treatment, like I said wasn't bad and was very quick. She went over my deeper scars 2x which was nice and then they sort of wrap your face with ice cold water, teaspoon of white vinegar & sterile gauze which feels great! They do that for a few mins then put the Aquaphor (Vaseline like- over the counter) on my face and they walked me out to my hubby. They did go over home care instructions with me 2 times and they answered every question I had even of topic questions. The staff is great and Dr was very caring.
The only thing I didn't like was the office they actually do the laser treatment in. It's in Phoenix but at a different location, which isn't so nice and you can hear everything in other rooms and her staff talking. At least the staff were talking about being healthy and eating right so that's good. Her Scottsdale office is plush, spacious, beautiful and sterile which I love! I'm in healthcare so I am always concerned with cleanliness.
At my first office visit to Scottsdale I had no wait and they went over my meds with me and my options. Like I said the Dr was honest about what results to expect not like other that promise everything will be close to perfect.
Right now I'm very happy. I got home was fine actually did laundry and cleaned up a bit did not need anymore pain meds yet. Did do a face soak with distilled white vinegar and ice water then more aquaphor- they didn't pursue to buy their products just recommended the over the counter$5 stuff that works great. This is 6 hours after procedure and feels fine so far.

2 days after Portrait Plasma for Acne Scars

Sleeping was uncomfortable again and starting to itch slightly today but otherwise doing good. Still doing water and vinegar cloth baths on my face and lots of Aquaphor. Bruises seem to be doing well healing good

Day 6 after plasma laser for Acne Scars

Went for check up today. The staff took me back right away, few minutes before my appointment and by 12 my appointment time I saw the Dr :) she said I'm healing good. 1 more day of cold water and vinegar face baths and I should be able to put makeup on. I don't mind the face baths so I'm going to keep doing it over the weekend and not wear make up yet just to be safe. But glad everything went well and I'm feeling good except stomach I can't tolerate antibiotics too much lucky today is last day. Yay so far Im happy.

A month and half later

My scars are looking better, although I started braking out again. They are not lasting as long but still getting some breakouts on my chin. I have been using the Indian Healing Clay which I think had helped alot. Here are some photos of my skin now
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

So far good. For my consul staff was great friendly and prompt. Dr was very nice and honest. I hope the procedure goes well. Today waiting in office for 20 min now, they asked me to come an hour early but don't see why if I'm going to sit in waiting room. Also they called in my rx yesterday but when I called the office to ask her staff if it was anything I had to take in advanced- antibiotic they said no they didn't think so. So I waited till day of procedure to pick up rx and pharmacist said I was suppose to start then the day before :(