27 Year Old Labiaplasty,Trim Method - Phoenix, AZ

I am not positive but I think I went with the...

I am not positive but I think I went with the wedge method. I am unsure if my vagina is healing the way it is supposed as we are all different so ones healing effects aren't the same.I am however happy I dont feel the long labia.
The first day probably has been the hardest. I take pain meds to help. I'm most comfortable and my vagina feels less irritated laying down.
Like I said everyone heals different but it feels ok.

pic of day #6

Swelling is dominant on right

day #6

day 9

It feels better as far as the pain.I havent had to take as many pain meds ,like I usually do, today. I am able to sit with little discomfort.

I have my post op appointment with my doc tuesday and I will be sure to write the details then.

My advice to anyone getting this surgery soon would be to take it easy afterwards. You may feel ok but you know your body. dont be so anxious to vet better. Allow the proper time to heal.
Dr. Deanna Rolstead

My OBGYN is great. I have read several peoples comments on not going to OBGYN's and instead go to a surgeon. A surgeon can botch a job just the same.I stand by my OBGYN 100%.I think she did an amazing job. I only gave the after care lower amount of stars because the person who called to follow up after the procedure told me information that seems like he guessed.He told me to use soap when it heals which could be weeks instead of telling me correct information which would have been that day because he called on the 3rd day.That is out of the doctor's hands.

Hey there, would love an update on how you are doing - hope all is well!
For me I was told this is a surgery that is good for a woman that has had children what is your views on that ?
how much did it cost???
Happy that you are happy, but I wouldn't say an OB/GYN is equal to a quality plastic surgeon. On aftercare I got my instructions from my surgeon at follow-up appointments as well as a call the day after surgery directly from him. I paid for better care and feel I got it. My results rock too. :)
I agree with you, they are not equal. What I mean is, just because a plastic surgeon may have done more labisplasty surgeries than an obgyn ,doesnt necessarily mean a plastic surgeon is the ONLY way to go when getting this procedure done. Several people have made reviews saying not to go to an obgyn and that is my feelings on that.plastic surgeons mess up.obgyns mess up.
Experienced surgeons "mess up" less. I would put my plastic surgeon against your GYN pay the extra money and feel safer. Many women have done the same. You might have been a simple surgery too. Before pictures in your profile here would help ladies decide better. Just sayin. :)
Your healing so well, on day 9 I was still mega swollen and barely able to sit down, are you stitchs starting to come out? I'm 2 weeks post surgery and my stitchs arnt showing any signs of moving!
My stitches on the top came out and the lower ones are unraveling ready to go .I am really itchy today.im trying to just pat because I dont want to rub too hard but boy does it itch.I got in the shower thinking that may help and air dryed but still itchy.you have the itch?
Try Benadryl . I have also just had this surgery 7 days ago today. Yah me! Benadryl also makes a cream just use on the outside only. How are you feeling otherwise? We are all here to help each other. Feel free to message me. Happy healing!! And take it easy. :)
Hello, I also use a bottle of warm water in squeeze bottle to cleanse after each bathroom trip then dab, dab , with the tissue to dry. I am using dermoplast pain relief spray it is antibacterial also helps relieve pain and itch immediately!! I was given this for my stitches after I had my baby. So good. Better yet try the dermoplast first. You can find at walmart or target or any drugstore for about $5-$7 bucks. It's a lifesaver.
I love dermoplast it was a life saver for me
Hello, I am glad the dermoplast worked for you. Vagisil also helps.That itching will drive you crazy. I am glad you are healing good.
Have you contacted your doctor yet?
It looks fine, sometimes folks heal differently.
I am back from my doctor and u have to say today is a good day.no pain except when I was walking I felt a little something but nothing majorly discomforting. I spoke to my doctor who and it was a trim that was done. She says it looks great and I myself couldn't agree more.
That's great! I'm glad you're recovering well. I'm getting the same procedure done soon too.
I just had mine done not too long ago, I would go to the nearest Walgreen and by some demoplast pain relief spray. It really helped me out! Didn't waddle around too much lol
I agree.going into this I was expecting anything more than a reduction because a perfect vagina just isnt going to happen.no reconstruction up or another surgery for me.it will heal the way it is supposed to but like I said a reduction is the purpose.
Sorry for the multiple grammtical errors
Right after I sprayed the dermoplast, this really itchy attack came for 10-20 seconds.all I could do was say"ahhh" and shake trying not to scratch my vagina off. It than stopped and I felt some relief. Its not all the way gone but it did help with the itching some.
Hello, I am glad you found some relief. My doctor gave me some cream in a tube with lidocaine in it. Not sure if you have something similar I spray heavy with dermoplast then layer the cream. Is it on the outside or inside?
Can't tell if you had a wedge. Looks good for being early though. :)
It looks pretty good. Don't stress :)