IT DID NOT WORK --simply Put - Philippines, PH

I had PRP fillers done in February 2012. I was...

I had PRP fillers done in February 2012. I was told the results are gradual. I had it in lieu of fat transfer because of medical reasons at that relevant time that I could not be under general anaesthesia. PRP can be done without gen anaesthesia. Bottom line, I had shots on my laso nabial folds (previously had been getting Perlane on them), groove in between my eyebrows and throughs under my eyes and a dent on my cheek.

My forehead did not come out nice--lumpy like an apple and had a valley in the middle. I looked like i had a miniature buttock pasted on my forehead. It was funny at that time but I had to go back and had it evened out. The "repair" cost me more, I thought that would be free but no!

The are NO improvements. The same areas have the same problems. Just two months ago, I went to a plastic surgeon who administers ArteFill for the grooves in between my eyebrows and nasolabials. This is the best $3K I spent and my results are obvious and will last me 10-12 years.

Bottom line: Do not get PRP by itself. All research says is that it helps to heal faster in conjunction with other procedures. I was not smart- I was too eager to try something that is being described as new and exciting. I will not do it again, nor recommend it to anyone. Consider other fillers before PRP; it does not work.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Belomed, Quezon City

For PRP, I am giving a low rating because it did not work despite what I was told. However, this provider has done great jobs for me in the past, including lipo of upper and lower abs, fat transfer on cheeks, botox shots. However, my rating is related to the PRP treatments alone. When she had to redo her procedure and I had to pay for her to correct them, I consider that outrageous.