Tried 5 Sessions of Fractional Laser; Dermabrasion is Better for Acne Scars - Asian (Filipino) - Philippines

Hi! i am asian(filipino) i had dermabrasion done...

Hi! i am asian(filipino) i had dermabrasion done last october after 5 sessions of fractional laser resurfacing. Fractional laser resurfacing did little/not so much for my acne scars... in fact, my skin broke out after fractional laser, thus adding more scars.

So eventually, i asked my doctor if we could shift to dermabrasion...and after almost 2 months, you could see more improvement...to a point that it's barely noticeable or has blended well. A bit rosy though but it's ok.

Planning to have another round after 6 months to totally polish it...but honestly, it's really not necessary anymore...

Dr. Imelda Cervantes

My doctor is a PDS (philippine Dermatological society accredited physician)and is well experienced

Hi my name is Eduard. I just wanna ask if Im going to choose this fractional laser treatment, how much would be it cost?
lichking_1234, be careful when reading information/ feedback followed by the name of the dermatologist. A normal patient do not always mention the name of the derma especially in online sites unless that purported patient is actually working for the derma or the derma herself :) Peppermint1481, I'm sorry but 3 of your posts here were pertaining to Dra. Cervantes. I hardly think that is ethical even for you. If she is indeed a reputable dermatologist, patients will do the referral privately. Good day!

Please do not discourage users from discussing which Doctors they have used for various procedures, this is part of the reason RealSelf exists.

I suffered from acne and a doctor recommended me glycolic peel. It was so expensive. Since i was vulnerable at that time and was so desperate to have my acne healed, i signed in to his treatment. After the peel, my skin became worst and super sensitive that i get more acne even by just drinking milk and using an ordinary soap. The doctor's name is Dr. Carbajal from Skin City (Cagayan de Oro). I never went back to his clinic after that. Then a friend recommended me Lacto Pafi, it is a herbal product. It healed my acne and seborrhic dermatitis after months of regular use. It also removed my scars, i did not look like i had suffered from acne at all. It made my skin fresh and rejuvenated. I did not know that an 80pesos bottle of this herbal could be the one to miraculously heal me. You have options, go to the doctor and spend much or find a product who could heal you completely.
Hello! I tried fractional laser at the D'Spa Skin Centre. I got the treatment for Php1,999 for one session because of group deals. Anyway, I didn't have deep scars but I have some small box car marks and discolorations caused by pimples. It's been almost 3 weeks now and I can say that my skin color somewhat evened out. The scars are still there though, but the discolorations are almost gone. It also feels like my skin has been rejuvenated because of the peeling. I've never had a derma session (im 26 years old) and that's the first one so you can just imagine how tired and abused my facial skin is. Now it's a lot softer and more radiant. I'm planning to have diamond peel next month. I think 1 session of fractional laser is enough.

for those with deep scars, expect some serious down time.
Hi! I'm also Filipino, 35 y/o, male. I had dermabrasion 12 years ago (year 2000), but up to now my acne scars have still been very visible, noticeable, worse yet prominent. I've just consulted my dermatologist after last seeing her just around the same decade ago, and she recommended the same medical procedure- dermabrasion again- which she said is still the "gold standard" even up to now. I also got another advice from yet another dermatologist and she suggested "mesotherapy." Which do you think is better/best? How much do you hear dermabrasion and mesotherapy/session cost, respectively? I've been frustrated all my life with my ice-pick scars all my life! And now I'm confused which procedure I'd would undergo. Of course, all I desire would be cost-effective and most beneficial for my skin. Thank you!
Nathan john, old school dermatologist normally has dermabrasion, that is probably the reason why she recommend that for you. For ice pick scars, it is normal for some dermatologist to recommend fraxel or fractional laser. Others also do skin needling. Consult with another dermatologist with more experience and affiliations.
hi..i a filipino too...i have so manyquetions to ask about your treatments..are you still online???????????? im suffering a very bad deep acne scars....im 16 yrs old...i dont know what to do..im trying to find a laser treatment near in bulacan or manila ,,,,...please help me...or you can suggest me what to do about my problem...
deep acne scars. Go to a very good dermatologist who is well experienced with scar revision. Laser may be the "in" thing right now, but, it does not mean it is the cure to all your skin problems. I have tried erbium yag laser, but i wasn't that satisfied with the results. If it is very deep, then maybe, laser is not for you...there are multiple procedures for diff types of scars. If it is very deep, then grafting or excision might be the option for that followed by dermabrasion. it really depends on the type of scar that you have. you must have it assessed by an experienced dermatologist. please do try dr. Imelda Cervantes from medical towers makati...she also has clinic at tarlac. She's ting ting cojuanco's dermatologist.
Hi thanks for sharing.

May I ask what skin type do you have. I have acne scars and worried because I have dark skin.
Jose Reyes is in Manila. You can find a reasonably priced dermatologist there.
Thanks. I sure will. I won't risk my (already messed up)face on some inexperienced dermatologist. Is it true that your operation cost you only $500? That was cheap compared to other clinics I have inquired here on Malabon. Is the anesthesia or other miscellaneous fees(i.e. pre-surgery consultation) included on that $$$?
dr. cervantes is super nice! she actually has 2 clinics one in tarlac and one in makati. in makati she's only there thurs, fri, and sat. she's by appointment. it's at suite 314 Medical towers makati v.a. rufino st. legaspi village, makati city 1229. For appointments call 894-04-20. yup dermabrasion around 500 U.S. dollars(25 thousand pesos). Actually she'll assess your skin naman first kasi she has other options like fractional laser, dermaroller...it really depends on the type of scars that you have ok. But if you really want dermabrasion, you can also insist on it. hehe.
Thanks! this is most helpful^^. Sorry for the late reply btw. I'll call her after the new year! Anyway, after your first consul, how long your preparation was before the actual operation? Did she give you anything to drink or to to apply to your face? Thanks again. Merry Christmas ^^
Tretinoin. Vitamin c(oral). co-amoxiclav(augmentin). Don't worry, she'll instruct you well. she's very approachable.
Hi! I'm planning on taking dermabrasion too. Do you mind if I ask how deep your scars were? thanks^^
my scars are not ice pick scars. more of the box type scars. are you filipino too?
Yeah. Half Chinese to be exact. Mine are boxcars too just like yours and it ruined my social life. I'm planning on the procedure on January so I'm gathering much info as I can. Anyway, thanks for the reply. ^^
hi. please try dr. imelda cervantes from medical towers makati. she's ting ting cojuanco's dermatologist. she's really good. dermabrasion...kailangan super experienced ang dermatologist mo.
dra. cervantes is also my dermatologist.. shes very2 good