Very Scared - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Everyone! I am a mother of 3 kids. I have...

Hi Everyone!

I am a mother of 3 kids. I have had 2 cesections. At my highest weight i was 275lbs. I am now down to 185 pounds and i fell so much better. I would like to lose another 10 pounds. I have been working out 3 days a week and this is how i have lost most of the weight and have obtained my horrible saggy stomach. i have a saggy,wrinckly stomach and i have decided that a TT is what i would like to do.I went to consultation and i was told that i would need a full TT and possible muscle repair.

I am scared to death of surgery. I get depresson easily and i think this is why I am so scared to have this procedure on top of that my husband is not very supportive. He thinks i am prefect the way I am. I think its his own insecurity. We have argured about it and he knows that this is something that i want but he is still not being supportive about it. He keeps feeding me all the negatives about it and at this point im plain ol' confused... HELP PLEASE...

First let me say congratulations on the weight loss.  It is very hard work but so worth the results.

The tummy tuck is something that you need to do for yourself and not any one else.  If you are unhappy with your body then by all means you should do this surgery.  It is hard to always have everyone on board with the decision.  But if you are at peace with it and mentally ready; then I say go for it.

I can tell you from experience that this will give you the confidence boost you need about your body.  Best thing I ever did.

I am sure that your husband is just scared of the unknown.  Men don't handle things like this very well.  Plus they are thinking about how great you will look after.  They get a little jealous and worry about someone snatching you up...LOL   It could seriously drive you nuts...LOL

As far as the depression goes you may have some blues on and off after surgery but it does pass.  I had it on and off for a while but I honestly never felt all out depressed.  I was weepy and moody for a while but after a good cry I felt better.  It is definitely a roller coaster of a process for a while.  But everyone is different.

If you know you are mentally ready and want to do this then go for it.  Don't over think it.  Sit your hubby down and explain that you need to do this to feel better about yourself.   Tell him you appreciate that he is happy with you the way you are....BUT you want to be happy and feel good.  Also tell him that you are going to need his help after.  He may totally amaze you.  They just need time to absorb everything a their own pace.   If you think it would help I could have my hubby talk to him.  He was an awesome nurse and totally had my back through the entire process.  He was a little freaked in the beginning but came around quickly.

And let me tell you when he got the first look at the new and flat tummy..WHOA.  Let's just say it popped his buttons..LOL

Keep your chin up and stick with the ladies on the site.  We all understand and will help you through this.
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon