Swollen After Smart Lipo

I am still undecided about my results. I did call...

I am still undecided about my results. I did call my doctor to make an appointment but she was angry that i wanted to see her so soon after. She said to wait 6 months.

I did have 2.5 liters removed from my upper, lower abs. I do understand that is alot. I just need some assurance that things are going well. I'm don't want to call the doctor again to find i just made her angry again. I am unsure at this point if i would recommend my doctor at this piont

I am 4 months in to having smart lipo. I feel the areas are still swollen. Is this possible? And if so what can i do to help reduce the swollen areas? How does it help to massage the ares? Is that just for the lumps.
Dr Falcone

I am unsure of my doctor at this time

Hi. I had smartlipo done 21 months ago at Physician Transformations and I still look the same! It was an absolute waste of money. Unlike you ladies I did not have any swelling or bruising only the scars from incisions and tape. My abdomen and waist is now disformed and I look worse than before I had the sx. I went to Dr Falcone for a consultation before choosing Dr Bryant but I wasn't convinced she could give me the results I was hoping for…and neither did my doctor. Im convinced the before & after pics I was shown were not of his work bc if they were there is no reason why I came out looking the way I did. I hope you see a difference soon, IMO I doubt it and wouldn't recommend smartlipo to anyone. Doctor also told me to wait 12-18mo before I see a difference WTH!!! I waited and my body stayed the same….

Hey, I had smart lipo done almost 3 months ago and i still feel big, i changed my eating habits and i havent even lost a pound. i know i have to wait 6 months but thats just 3 months away i forsure though i would of seen a difference by now. I had mine done in florida. i honestly feel like i have wasted my money on this.

I got my liposuction 9 weeks ago and I am still swelling. I read before I got the procedure that it is only 3 days recovery, and now I had it done, it is more than 3 day recovery. This is such a mislead information. I wish I would never got that procedure. Like I said I am 9 weeks and I am still swelling and my body freak out when I took off the compress garment after I wore 24/7 for 8 weeks. I just don't know when that swelling will end. I am so waiting for that day to come. I even did the endermologie therapy, it did seem to help at all. If anybody experience the same thing, I would love you hear when the swelling will be gone.
Did your swelling ever go down?!! If so, when? I'm desperate. I'm 10 weeks out today & I'm still Swollen & lumpy. I'm so frustrated!!!
I had my legs done by Dr. Francis two months ago and I am amazed! I actually have curves again. I was sore for 3-4 days after but it was well worth it! I will be going back for by stomach in the fall. 2 thumbs up!
i think my stomach is still big i don't think is for everyone i had it done here in phila and its about five months later
Hello, I had my smart lipo done in mexico last week. Are u guys jokig? I will be swolen for weeks or months? I had 5 areas treated, seems like it's ok, healing well. But are sure it can take a month the swollen places to become normal???
i go for my frist check its being six weeks my stomach not as small as i was told very misleading i wish everyone would post the true
i went to the same dr and my stomach is big too and feel funny
I had smart lipo four days ago and the pain is in the high level. I do not like pain pills so I stop just on Tylenol. The skin bruising is visible and huge swelling. The pain has taken me to a higher level of though and how I let one of the deadly sins GLUTANI to take over my body. It is not just a procedure of the body it will make you think to take your body your Temple back into control. How far into the sin of gluttony did I have to go until I could only reach out to cutting my body? I do see some change but huge swelling you do need someone to help you at least for the first four days and I do see some distortion in the contour. But getting back to the mental it will be a great time under all that pain to get in touch with your mind and spirit and taking control of the demon that YOU have allowed into your temple at least for me it has helped me to get a grip I’m using the trauma of this pain I now feel to bring me into a healing not just of a thinner look but the realization on the deadly sin I let take over my temple for so many years. I will be doing much thinking and planning how to lower swelling with nutrition and I will keep posting on my recovery.
I am so glad, that I read your review. I was thinking about making an appointment with this doctor. I am in the Philadelphia area and searching for a good doctor. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for all the info ...I had smartlipo 4 weeks ago and i still don't see the results I feel i should ..my stomach is still round and i've ony lost 5 pounds and 1 inch so far ....are your results any better now that it has been a few months?
Yes you wont see FULL results until 6 months. My uncle has been doing smartlipo for 4 years with NO complaints.
have your attorney contact them. i,ll bet they,ll have time for you then.
That is ridiculous that your doctor is 'angry' because you have concerns and need some help to work through them. Remember you PAID for this procedure and you deserve good aftercare as well. I think you should ensure the doctor sees you and assures you that everything is normal. Good luck.
What can i do/ I will wait 6 months and see if the doctor stands behind her work. I hope to have just caught her on a bad day. I do not take it personal.She is said to be a good doctor, i just hope she stands behind her work. I will update in Feb.
Hi: I had vaser lipo on my stomach/abs on September 21. My doctor was very happy about the results; however, I still have swelling and, believe or not, my waist is "thicker". Huh? I'm flatter but it's somewhat discouraging when you read everyone else's post talking about dropping 3 dress sizes etc. I saw my doctor about 2 months after the procedure and he was happy with the result. Now, nearly 2 months later, I feel "bigger" (have not changed my eating habits and everywhere else is the same). The other day, my pants felt "tight" around my waist. Is it possible to swell up and down? Please let me know how things go.
Hello I too went to Physician Body Solutions. Could you tell me how long it was before you saw your final result. I still have alot of fat around my belly as well.I am unsure what to do at this point. I was told i have to wait 6 months before making an appointment. I really did not want to wait that long but i guess i have no choice. I just feel like every area i had done is puffy even on my flanks. Has anyone else had that at 4 months and if so how long did it last? Please let me know how you make out with the doc.
Hello, I live in Phila. too and I had smart lipo done six months ago. What doc did you go to? I went to Dr. Francis Physician Body Solutions. I too had swelling for weeks and I had to massage my stomach every day for ten mins. The swelling went down eventually, it took about a month. My stomach has improved since doing the lipo but I still had access fat that I want to get rid of. I have an appointment with my doc. in Jan. to see if he can take out this additional fat that was left behind.
I just had the procedure done five days ago and my concern is that I am swelling in other areas where I did not do smart lipo on! Is this normal? I see nothing in my paperwork on it. The Doctor did not mention it and I see nothing online. Obviously I am going to call my doctor back but this just occurred this evening and I am freaking out. Help! Somebody anybody?
did you get the touch up?
I'm sorry we may be talking about two differnt places. I see you live in CA and i live in Phila. Thanks for your thoughts. I will try to make another appointment this week. I find if odd yoour doctor said patients may need psychological comfort. I think maybe you should see a different doctor. I think my doctor was very nice,i'm hoping i just caught her on a bad day.
I am considering the same procedure and recently consulted with Md for it. She did mention that most people who undergo the procedure do swell up and down for the first 6 months and that it would be normal and that I would probably be taken back by the changes," but not to worry about it as the swelling is normal. She did say that i would be able to contact her nurse after the procedure for any questions or concerns. I am wondering if you have that option; contacting the nurse from the facility where you had your procedure done? Maybe they can answer your questions, address issues and provide some psychological comfort.