Would Do Smart Lipo Again! Absolutely! - Philadelphia

After 4 pregnancies of gaining and loosing weight,...

After 4 pregnancies of gaining and loosing weight, I got back to my goal weight which Ive maintained for 3 years. I am 5'8 and 155lbs. I have always had "areas" around my hips and saddle bags but the pregnancy gains stretched my skin a lot especially in my lower abs. No matter how much exercise and how much weight I lost, I still had the mushroom like top on my back(flanks)and my saddlebags. I was told I needed more of a skin lift not smart lip but I wanted to take my chances. My goal was inner & outer thighs, hips, saddles and flanks. Since I was there, I asked about my belly too. I have moderate stretch marks. Standing, you would never notice my skin, stretch marks, or excess fat on my belly. Bending over, I had an extra tire of skin and no way to hold it in.

I had the smart lipo and told myself via the docs direction I would stay in the compression garment for 2 months if I had to. Immediately, my hips flanks saddles were beautiful. My tummy was wrinkled. Between the binder and compression garment, I had no bruising but some areas on my tummy the excess skin folded over and caused wrinkling plus my deep belly button was now off center a little and the area around it swollen with fluid. I worried about this but thought eventually it will go away.

At 6 weeks I took off the garment never to return to it. It took a week for the wrinkles in my stomach area to smooth out. I wear spanx to workout in, but find normally, my belly looks ok if I am staying away from fluid causing foods like breads, chips, alcohol.

With my docs recommendation, I am on a mission to bring more blood flow to the tummy area through massage & heat and smooth out the wrinkles. He says I have another 6 weeeks to make a difference so Im going for it. I knew I was risking the smoothness and excess of my tummy for flat but I wanted to take the chance. I figure if I have to do something else, it wont be from lack of trying my best and following the recovery directions.

The best advice I got from the doc was to stay compressed. My only regret is I waited till 6 weeks for a followup instead of going for a 2 week followup that we may have been able to flatten the skin then. (6 is standard but I asked myself if I should just take the trip and didnt)

The nerves and feeling in all areas is starting to come back, making massage of my belly a little uncomfortable but by no means painful. I would do the procedure again and do recommend it for problem areas. It is not a weight loss procedure but I lost a complete pant size and am definitely happy with my results.

Dr Dan Francis
Wow! Your review was so helpful. I too am 5'8 155 pounds and I too am from Philadelphia. Could I have the name of your doctor?

Thanks for sharing all of this great advice! Do you have any photos you can share with us?

Please keep us posted on your progress. I bet you can't wait to see the final results.

I follow a 90/10 rule. I eat right 90percent of...

I follow a 90/10 rule. I eat right 90percent of the time, heck might even be more like 80 percent and I am active doing something 5 days a week for 45 min. You can't expect to enhance the results of surgery if you don't modify the aspect of your life that gave u the excess fat in the first place. If you truly are not consuming more calories a day then required, you won't put on fat. Your body is made to move and exercise helps maintain weight loss, diet is the true key to loosing more and getting results!
Dr. Daniel Francis

Dr. is an artist and cares about the overall look of your body not just completing a problem area. His staff is EXCELLENT and make you feel VERY comfortable.