Pain Control After Tummy Tuck - Philadelphia, PA

After a TT, being sent home with a Danny pack ...

After a TT, being sent home with a Danny pack called On-Q. It's direct in the incision pain control. It slowly releases the medication through a catheter in my incision. This lowers the need for heavy narcotics and had helped tremendously in pain control. I've been able to walk with very little discomfort since my TT yesterday afternoon. Has anyone else used o e of these? Quite brilliant!!
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

The procedure was done at a teaching hospital, so I felt very special having many interested and brilliant young Drs helping Dr. Copit care for me.

That's all you got done? I mean wow 8,000 is a whole lot of money , did he offer anesthesia choices? I see you only gave four start out of five for time spent. so he a quick talker and he's going to say something like this oh we only do anesthesia it will be much safer for the person?? so did he actually give you a chance to talk or ask your own questions? p.s you'll never get back to my question I got a strange feeling?
I'm feeling a bit better, not as blue. Thanks for asking;-) Keeping up with the meds and taking it one day at a time. I was able to shower... makes a big difference, and Monday I'm hoping the drains will come out!!
Thats great to hear. Don't rush the drains. I've read the longer the better. Mine came out one at one week and the other at 2 weeks 2 days I couldn't wait either. That last one seemed like I would have it forever lol!
Well done DesigningGal and congrats on your TT :) I can totally relate to feeling down as Im sure most of us on here can as at about one week post op I was feeling super emotional..crying over nothing in particular and just feeling sad..even though I was loving my tummy and everything was going great! It's totally normal to feel like this and can be attributed to the anesthetic, meds, trauma etc...I found just going with it..it will pass..you are early post op and soon you will be feeling soooo much better..take care :) oh and take your meds..don't let pain sneak up on you..that's what the meds are there for and it's good for your body to not be stressed out with pain so it can just concentrate on healing :)
Littlekiwi, Thanks for the encouraging words, I'm so glad I found this forum, it helps to know that others have felt the same and understand:-)
I'm a 54 yr old mother of 3 and have wanted this since my "last baby"... He's almost 20! I felt so guilty spending all this money, just to fit into my clothes better... i honestly don't expect to be traipsing around a Caribbean island in a bathing suit! I just want to feel better about myself, and continue to be competitive in a very tough job market. My job is all about how things look, and it's depressing looking down at yourself in a an otherwise cute outfit and still look 5 months pregnant, 20 years later! I'm 5'3 and 115, I can't lose anymore weight without looking ill. My kids and my husband have been so supportive and are cheering me on. But I am feeling down today laying here with some pain and depending on others for everything. I read how some people get the blues after surgery... I'm usually VERY upbeat and a glass half full type of person, this evening I've lost my good attitude and the glass seems quite empty. Thanks for letting me vent, I feel so alone.
Omg that's so normal I went they that too. I was exactly the same my clothes didn't look good I had to use a blanket to cover my bulge when I sat at my desk at work and many many other things. Still I felt guilty spending thousands on improving myself but than when I was laying there recovering I realized my kids are 25 and 17 I'm a single mom. This was the first thing I've done just for me! And you know what I deserve it and I told them and they were supportive after that.
*thru not they
Looks like you were a young Mom too. I've been a single Mom of two as well... hardest job of all. Luckily met then married a wonderful guy, had another child, now in college. It wasn't until he was in high school that I finished college and graduate school in my 40's...because I didn't want to sacrifice my family, when the kids were young. I feel that now in my early 50's it's finally my time. But I still feel guilty! Ridiculous right?
You sound like an incredible mom & wife and don't feel guilty just enjoy it you reallllllly deserve this!
Yes I had a pain pump for the first 4 days. After that I had Percocet for another 5 days or so and than nothing needed it was great! I feared the pain much & it wasn't bad. So you're 1 day post OP?
Well, I was when I asked the question, now it's been 3 days and for the most part it's been manageable. I began to get an intermittent pain similar to a muscle spasm about 3 hours ago, I was trying to go without pain meds longer, I'm only taking 1 Percocet every 6hrs... Bad idea:-( going closer to 10 just hurts too much!!! I have been up walking for short periods of time and so far so good. I think I'll wait a little longer after po to extend the time between meds. Just so afraid of these heavy narcotics:-(
I got the flashes of pain in the area where the pain ports were removed. It stopped after a week hang in there . Your so early on in the recovery process and doing great so don't try to do to much. Do you have help? Take the meds! You need them at least the first week:)
*you're
I'm going to... No more heroics, hubby is right, I have nothing to prove. You by the way look amazing!! Good girl doing this while you are young, I waited almost 20 years since my last baby... better late than never!
My sons are 25 and 17. I'm done having kids as I'm 47 now. I wish I would have done it 10 years ago but I wasn't sure about having another baby. Now that I'm done having kids it was time. Thank you .... how are you feeling today?