Very Excited and Very Nervous! - Philadelphia, PA

Hey Ladies, I am getting very nervous about my...

Hey Ladies, I am getting very nervous about my upcoming surgery, ( anesthesia, infection, etc) I have actually considered canceling!! I've been considering this surgery for about a year and 1/2...when I realized I had actual muscle damage from havinga 23 inch long, 10 1/2 lb. "little" angel..I had actually went for a consult for a regular hernia repair, but the Dr. recommended I get the muscle repaired along with it because, he explained, I would never be able to go back to doing my beloved sit ups, push-ups etc. with separated muscles without further damaging them or re-injurying my hernia. Sooooo...one thing led to the next and I figured hhmmmm..the boobs could use a little work too! I may also get a little lipo but not sure about that yet..

I actually feel guilty about having this done, considering I have a 21 month old. I know I need the hernia and muscle repair, but the other stuff is obviously vanity/self esteem related..the amount I expect to spend does not include lipo if I have it..I

If anyone has advice or has utilized this Dr. for a similar surgery please share your knowledge..

Welcome to RealSelf.

You are doing the right thing so stay positive and keep moving forward.  You deserve this woman!

The fears you are feeling are all part of the process and we all go through them.  You are going to do great and will love the results.  New woman, new mama ahead!

Keep us up to date.

Thanks Kimmers25!! I am trying to get a list of anything i could possible need to recover faster, easier and better..if anyone has any suggestions its much appreciated!

The best advice I can give for recovery is "Patience".   This is a long haul so please don;t be hard on yourself.

Exactly one week OMG I'm really scared!! I will...

Exactly one week OMG I'm really scared!! I will upload some before pics a little later today.
How r u? Let us know how it went...
2 days post op!!! The pain is pretty bad but is a tiny better than it was on day one! Why won;t this f=give me a place to post pics?
2 days post-op! The pain is pretty bad but a tiny bit better than it was on day one...I am usually pretty good on a computer but this site is confusing when it comes to posting pics and editing/adding my own posts etc...any suggestions?
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

This Dr. is close to me location-wise, he operated on me and several family members before. ( for non-cosmetic surgeries) He is triple board certified, and seems to know his stuff.