Pain Eases, Lisp Will (Or So I Hope!) - Philadelphia, PA

I got my Invisalign on 5 days ago and so far it is...

I got my Invisalign on 5 days ago and so far it is quite an adjustement. I had horrible discomfort up until Sunday evening so it lasted about 2 1/2 days. The discomfort mostly from taking them out and putting them back in. I took Ibuprofen once when it was really bad, but it is tolerable (to me). I have a lisp now which isnt the most attractive part of this but I read it will decrease as I get used to them. I will absolutely not eat or drink in them (only water). Alot of people say they eat less, but since I am a person who works out and depends on healthy snacking during the day I just increase the amount I eat at once. I don't really mind taking the time to pop them out and brush my teeth before popping them back in. If it helps just keep thinking about the outcome, and the amount of money you spent on it!!

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Friends.

Smart to keep your focus on the finish! The more you talk the quicker the lisp should go away, so crank the radio in the car & rock out. ;) Do you have a job where you have to talk to people a lot or is it not really too big of an issue for you with work?

That is exactly what I do! I turn my music up and sing real loud I also have been posting funny videos of me saying tongue twister sentences. I work in healthcare and am constantly talking to people and I usually interrupt the conversation and say "sorry if im slurring, I just got invisalign" and they always say "Oh, I didn't even notice" which is refreshing to hear... I just hope they aren't lying!

Haha, no they probably aren't lying - we are always so much more aware of changes in ourselves than others are. Its probably not as bad as you think...but if you want to post one of your tongue twister videos I'd probably watch it! ;)