Still lopsided - Cherry Hill, NJ

Hi everyone, it has been very helpful reading...

Hi everyone, it has been very helpful reading about everyone's procedures and seeing your before and after photos. I really could use some unbiased advice on what I should do. I have suffered with breast asymmetry all of my life. (Left breast much bigger than right). It has caused me to be very insecure and self conscious. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. I have wanted to have breast surgery for as long as I can remember, it just wasn't an option, financially. I just turned 50 in August and I feel that I am too old to do this and it is a frivolous way to spend money. With the love and support of my husband, I decided to go for a consultation with Dr. Adrian Lo. He has offices in Philadelphia & New Jersey. Dr. Lo and his coordinator made me feel at ease and I scheduled my surgery for December. I am 5'5 and weight in the 120's. I am scared that I am making a huge mistake. I feel I need to be happy with myself no matter how I look. I have suffered from a distorted body image & have had bouts with bulimia and anorexia in the past. I am scared that getting implants will make me look and feel "fat" and I will want them removed. Please, please, I need advice. I have included a picture of how my breast look now.

Thank you all for reading story.

Rice sizers

Sizers

Stupid question!

I know this is a stupid question, but I see a lot of the pre op pictures look like everyone has tanned or used a self tanner?? Is that something that is done at the PS office or am I supposed to do that??

Sorry, this is all new to me????

1 month to new boobies!'

Ok, ladies I need advice. I am having breast lift with saline implant in left and saline implant in right. What size do you think is appropriate for me? I would like breast that are full and high on my chest. My pre op appt is set for December 13th. Still have no idea what size the ps is recommending and have yet to try on sizers. I called the ps office regarding this and they said to call them the day before so they will bring the sizers to there satellite office. So many decisions.

I know I am in good hands

I was having doubts about my upcoming surgery and a little voice kept telling me to get another consultation. I was simply amazed with Dr Sorokins website which made me want to actually meet him. I decided to contact his office and spoke to Bella, one if the Drs technicians. She made me feel confident that I was making the right choice by getting a second opinion. I was pleasantly surprised with the professionalism, knowledge and expertise of him and his wonderful staff. He sat with me and explained which procedure would be the best for me to attain the look I want. He faced me toward a full length mirror and took the time to show me what he could do We went over pre and postoperative care and what I should expect. Marla, the Drs technician gave me sizers to put on, I think the right was 400cc and the left was 275cc. I then went to see Alisha and discussed cost and go over consents. I was given a huge book to take home and read along with prescriptions for pain medications and an rx for a mammogram. By the time I left her office I felt so comfortable. She knew I was on a time constraint and wisked me off to another technician( sorry I do not remember her name) who was so sweet and gentle when she drew my blood and did my EKG. After seeing Alisha one more time, the technician that drew my blood came in and said the Dr was concerned about my potassium levels and wanted me to begin a medication pre op. Wow, talk about being efficient. I am now feeling at ease and confident in my decision and am looking forward to my new additions.

Let the healing begin

1 week post op

Healing

9 days post breast lift & implants

Finally feeling a little better. Still am trying to get use to the girls!!

I love, love, love my new additions!!

I cannot give enough praise to my surgeon and his fabulous staff!! They are by far the best group of healthcare professionals???????? Thank you all for taking such wonderful care of me????????????

Scared!!!!! Should I start worrying??

Happy New Year everyone.

Today I am 3 weeks po and I am feeling that there is a problem with my breast. I have an infection on the right which I am on oral antibiotics and using antibiotic ointment on the incisions. My concern is the left breast. It is lower and pointing more to the left side. Am I crazy or am I expecting too much?? Please help!!

3 week post op

Most recent picture

New photo

The black lines you see are showing where the lower fold of the breast are. The right does not have one. I don't understand why? The left breast is still pointing to the left, that I can live with, but there is no upper pole fullness compared to the right. Does anyone else see this, or is it me?

Photo

Disappointed

Ok, now what!!

I was told by my ps he could fix the left areola in the office. A little lidocaine to numb me up and reposition it. I'll have some stitches. He will fix the left if I want( cost was not discussed) but he wanted me to know that it would be fuller than the right and that fullness would be noticeable in a bra. He said I am sure you look great in a bra!! I didn't have the surgery to look great in a bra!! Anyway, my issue is that the left breast is still hanging to the left(the same as it was before surgery), it's only bigger and lacks the fullness of the right. They are two different breast. I understand that no one has perfect breast. I just expected them to at least be pointing in the same direction with the same amount of fullness. My dilemma, do I risk a revision and possibly look worse, or hope that the surgeon that I put all my trust in can fix it.

New photo

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Did you have your revision? Hoping you're doing okay!
hope the biopsy went well- and that department all good. Hugs to you and your hubby-I hope that you feel closer after going through these bumpy times together.
Maybe a larger implant would be the answer?
Why would it b fuller than the right if he repositions it. Wouldn't that b good since it doesn't have as much fullness?
I hate you are going through so much! With my asymmetry the dr used two different implant styles the first surgery and they looked symmetrical however they felt different internally to me. The last surgery I just had he was able to use the same implant style but 100cc more in one than the other. I'm contemplating on adding more to the smaller cc side. My left breast slants a little more to the side than my right but I also have scoliosis so I naturally look a little lopsided. Your breast do not look bad but I do see your concern. It puts you in a tough situation...to trust him again to go another surgery. Had he handled very many asymmetrical breast cases other than yours? I know all breast are asymetrical but you know what I mean.
Boxer baby...try to keep your spirits up. I know that you are going through a lot right now and are feeling some self blame because things didn't end up the way you wanted. YOu are so lucky to have a supportive husband who is going to love you regardless. The waiting for things to align is so stressful but I am sure that your PS will make it right. Try, try, try to have positive thoughts about healing and your appearance. I too had a a very bumpy road and feel like the case study for what can go wrong. hugs..
Thank you so much for your kind words. I understand that all things in life take time. I am just venting my frustration. I thought this site was for people to be able to share their experiences, be it good or bad. I am positive that everything will turn out well. I have to believe that. My surgeon is a wonderful man & is very talented. This is no way to discredit him. Hugs to you as well
My heart goes out to you for all you have had to endure. I am sending positive thoughts your way. ☺️
thanks Boxer Baby-and yes, it is a site to share the good, bad, ugly, sexy. I have learned a lot about breast surgery and not only the physical healing but the emotional as well.
I have come to realize that Plastic Surgery is a process, sometimes there are fixes that need to be made, I am going though that now with my arm lift. Hang in there, it can all be made right...I know how you feel, we expect one thing and then it doesn't come out as we planned, it can be frustrating...
Give it time to heal it takes long time it can not be compared to just an agmintation I have had that here years ago bounced right back this time it is a processes and every day I am happier it changes almost daily as I heal so be patient and it will be okay if he does revision they will be beautifule don't be negative allow ur body time
I am not being negative at all. I am frustrated and disappointed. There is no way that the left breast can achieve the fullness of the right.
It has nothing to do with healing, it has to do with the size!! There is no way for my left breast to gain 100cc to make them even!! Even if I pray to all the gods in the universe, lol!!! They may drop, move left or right, but they can't "grow"
I'm so sorry for all u r going through. It is such a big decision to do the surgery so I can't imagine not being happy with the end result. The thought of having to do a revision probably feels overwhelming at this point. I'm sure u just want to b healed and move on. Did your PS say why the left breast isn't full like the right? The right looks beautiful by the way! I think u have come this far and deserve to b happy and love your breasts so I would definitely do a revision. Hang in there and keep in touch!
Soo you do see the difference, right? It's not in my head? He seems to think I am not healed enough and they still need to drop!! I think the right looks good as well. Thanks for your support. I gave to go back on February 10th. He said via email, that he will not consider a revision for another 6 weeks!!
Bless your heart...I have to agree.there is definitely a difference between the two. I feel for you. I had to go through 3 surgeries including the original to get to wear I am at. I am not completely satisfied, but hey, we can't be perfect. Your PS definitely needs to do a revision. My PS did my first revision for free in clinic, but this last one on Jan 14th cost me $1150 since I had implant exchange and had to go to the hospital for the procedure. He did throw in the benelli lift for free. $1150 covered the cost for OR fees at the hospital. Keep us posted.
I meant (where) not (wear) ...lol
Looking back at your comparison pictures. Did you just get the circumareolar lift on both breasts? It looks like based off of your preop that maybe a lollipop incision would have been great on the left breast (your right). I am not a PS, but I have seen similar cases on here where they have done that for asymmetry of the breasts.
Oh, nevermind, I see now that you got the lollipop lift on both breasts.
I surely will. You are the best. You have made me feel so much better. Thank you so very much.
No I don't think it's in your head. I don't see how dropping is going to help. But that would b great if it did!! I understand what some of the girls r saying, about giving it time because they do change, but I certainty understand your concerns. Sending hugs your way and I hope that things will turn out great!
Hey, Just checking in on you. How is everything going? Update us girls! Hope all is well.
I Still am unhappy with the shape of the left breast compared to the right. The right has a fullness upper and lower but the left doesn't. The right does not have a fold at the bottom and the left does. If I would have known that I wouldn't have had a result at least 80% perfect! I would never have gone through with the surgery. I was told if I am still unhappy in 6 weeks, he will discuss a revision. The most disappointing thing, I finally did this at the age of 50, only to feel like I made a big mistake. I wasted a lot of money on this "dream" of being normal. My husband loved me the way I was before, I just didn't love myself. Ohh well. This is the most recent picture.
Thank you for checking in on me. Hope all is well with you. Very emotional right now. I have to have an endometrial biopsy tomorrow due to a period lasting over 5 weeks. My ultrasound showed bilateral ovarian cysts and fibroids. Gyn said that wouldn't cause this type of bleeding. I am quite scared.
Boxer baby I can relate so well to what you are saying. I did mine at fifty also, and I am ten weeks out both have not dropped and I am so depressed because mine are rectangle, they do not look like boobs at all. They are uncomfortable and ride in my arm pits. Ps said he doesn't know why they haven't dropped but they will need be released in order to dropped. He can not do that surgery for nine months to a year to allow the scar to heal as I had a lift also. It really sucks and I truly wish the best of luck to you.My heart goes out to you.