Disappointed

Hi everyone, it has been very helpful reading...

Hi everyone, it has been very helpful reading about everyone's procedures and seeing your before and after photos. I really could use some unbiased advice on what I should do. I have suffered with breast asymmetry all of my life. (Left breast much bigger than right). It has caused me to be very insecure and self conscious. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. I have wanted to have breast surgery for as long as I can remember, it just wasn't an option, financially. I just turned 50 in August and I feel that I am too old to do this and it is a frivolous way to spend money. With the love and support of my husband, I decided to go for a consultation with Dr. Adrian Lo. He has offices in Philadelphia & New Jersey. Dr. Lo and his coordinator made me feel at ease and I scheduled my surgery for December. I am 5'5 and weight in the 120's. I am scared that I am making a huge mistake. I feel I need to be happy with myself no matter how I look. I have suffered from a distorted body image & have had bouts with bulimia and anorexia in the past. I am scared that getting implants will make me look and feel "fat" and I will want them removed. Please, please, I need advice. I have included a picture of how my breast look now.

Thank you all for reading story.

Rice sizers

Sizers

Stupid question!

I know this is a stupid question, but I see a lot of the pre op pictures look like everyone has tanned or used a self tanner?? Is that something that is done at the PS office or am I supposed to do that??

Sorry, this is all new to me????

1 month to new boobies!'

Ok, ladies I need advice. I am having breast lift with saline implant in left and saline implant in right. What size do you think is appropriate for me? I would like breast that are full and high on my chest. My pre op appt is set for December 13th. Still have no idea what size the ps is recommending and have yet to try on sizers. I called the ps office regarding this and they said to call them the day before so they will bring the sizers to there satellite office. So many decisions.

I know I am in good hands

I was having doubts about my upcoming surgery and a little voice kept telling me to get another consultation. I was simply amazed with Dr Sorokins website which made me want to actually meet him. I decided to contact his office and spoke to Bella, one if the Drs technicians. She made me feel confident that I was making the right choice by getting a second opinion. I was pleasantly surprised with the professionalism, knowledge and expertise of him and his wonderful staff. He sat with me and explained which procedure would be the best for me to attain the look I want. He faced me toward a full length mirror and took the time to show me what he could do We went over pre and postoperative care and what I should expect. Marla, the Drs technician gave me sizers to put on, I think the right was 400cc and the left was 275cc. I then went to see Alisha and discussed cost and go over consents. I was given a huge book to take home and read along with prescriptions for pain medications and an rx for a mammogram. By the time I left her office I felt so comfortable. She knew I was on a time constraint and wisked me off to another technician( sorry I do not remember her name) who was so sweet and gentle when she drew my blood and did my EKG. After seeing Alisha one more time, the technician that drew my blood came in and said the Dr was concerned about my potassium levels and wanted me to begin a medication pre op. Wow, talk about being efficient. I am now feeling at ease and confident in my decision and am looking forward to my new additions.

Let the healing begin

1 week post op

Healing

9 days post breast lift & implants

Finally feeling a little better. Still am trying to get use to the girls!!

I love, love, love my new additions!!

I cannot give enough praise to my surgeon and his fabulous staff!! They are by far the best group of healthcare professionals???????? Thank you all for taking such wonderful care of me????????????

Scared!!!!! Should I start worrying??

Happy New Year everyone.

Today I am 3 weeks po and I am feeling that there is a problem with my breast. I have an infection on the right which I am on oral antibiotics and using antibiotic ointment on the incisions. My concern is the left breast. It is lower and pointing more to the left side. Am I crazy or am I expecting too much?? Please help!!

3 week post op

Most recent picture

New photo

The black lines you see are showing where the lower fold of the breast are. The right does not have one. I don't understand why? The left breast is still pointing to the left, that I can live with, but there is no upper pole fullness compared to the right. Does anyone else see this, or is it me?

Photo

Disappointed

Still am unhappy with the shape of the left breast compared to the right. The right has a fullness upper and lower but the left doesn't. The right does not have a fold at the bottom and the left does. If I would have known that I wouldn't have had a result at least 80% perfect! I would never have gone through with the surgery. I was told if I am still unhappy in 6 weeks, he will discuss a revision. The most disappointing thing, I finally did this at the age of 50, only to feel like I made a big mistake. I wasted a lot of money on this "dream" of being normal. My husband loved me the way I was before, I just didn't love myself. Ohh well.

Ok, now what!!

I was told by my ps he could fix the left areola in the office. A little lidocaine to numb me up and reposition it. I'll have some stitches. He will fix the left if I want( cost was not discussed) but he wanted me to know that it would be fuller than the right and that fullness would be noticeable in a bra. He said I am sure you look great in a bra!! I didn't have the surgery to look great in a bra!! Anyway, my issue is that the left breast is still hanging to the left(the same as it was before surgery), it's only bigger and lacks the fullness of the right. They are two different breast. I understand that no one has perfect breast. I just expected them to at least be pointing in the same direction with the same amount of fullness. My dilemma, do I risk a revision and possibly look worse, or hope that the surgeon that I put all my trust in can fix it.

Disappointed

I think if I would have know how my breast were going to turn out after 2 surgeries, I wouldn't have done it. My left breast looked much better after the second surgery, but that only lasted 2 mths. I was doing a push up and felt pain in my left breast. When I checked it out in the mirror, my implant had moved or dropped. I was able to see where my natural breast tissue ended and the continued. (If that makes sense) Also, when I flex my muscle you can see the same thing as well as ripples extending from the center of my chest out toward the implant.

I don't know what to do at this point. My Dr said it is normal. It doesn't feel normal to me.

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I hope you do whatever makes you happy remember life is short and you need to live it being happy. Wishing you nothing but the best.
Did Dr. Sorokin fix it or did you find another PS? I'm still researching PS for same procedure BL/BA.
No, he has not fixed the "malposition" of the implant, because according to him, everything is perfect!!
Oh no.. Just read your story and I'm in shock. I was going to call him for a consult and need the same procedure as you. I almost have the same boobies but symmetrical and saggy. Now I'm going to have to reevaluate!!! I hope it gets corrected with any revisions you have!!
Hi vald28, my original surgery was December 22, 2013. Immediately after surgery I knew something was not right with the left breast. Each post op appointment I expressed my concern that it didn't look right. His response was your breast need time to heal. Every time I would bring the issue up he would be very condescending & arrogant. It was always, I tell you over & over that they will take time to drop & fluff, I don't know what else you want me to tell you. I would leave in tears. Finally after writing him and explaining how unhappy I was, he finally agreed to the second surgery in February 2014. The first 2 mths the left breast looked good. He told me I could exercise without restrictions. I was doing a push up and had pain on my left side. When I stood up I noticed that they breast had "dropped", I immediately emailed him pictures and expressed my concern. His reply that everything looked normal and it hadn't dropped. Everyday I look at it and I know something is wrong. I hate to call his office because I feel like he doesn't want to deal with as well as is staff. I have discomfort on the left side and rippling all over. I finally got the courage 1 mth ago to call and make an appointment. His receptionist said, "did you want to email him with photos or see him". I said I would like to see him, " her response was, let me check with the dr and I will call you back". Guess what?? She never called back!!! I posted a question with photos on this website asking the drs what they thought was wrong with my breast, they all said I needed a revision!!! 2 weeks ago I called again to make an appointment, I was told the first opening was 3 weeks away. I said to the receptionist that I find it had to believe I would have to wait that long to be seen. I told her thank you but maybe I would go get a second opinion and hung up. I later got an email from the dr saying that I threatened him and his staff?!?!?! Seriously????? They had no problem taking almost $9,000 from me. I feel his bedside manner is horrible. I feel he is not compassionate or accommodating to his clients once he gets his money. Sorry to keep rambling, I am so frustrated.
Wow. Well dr sorokin obviously doesn't know how to fix it or else he would and won't admit it. I'm no surgeon but I can tell it's not right. It's probably best to find another dr. One skilled in fixing other drs messes. How frustrating!! I'm sorry and I hope things get better for u real soon. Maybe go on a couple consults and see what they're opinion is :)
Keep us posted if you get it fixed. I'm so surprised bc he has so many rave reviews. It seems like u can't trust anyone! Feel better soon!!
That is the part that us stumping me. I did my research. I can't afford to put out anymore money. I feel like I was taken advantage of. Of course now it feels like he just doesn't want anything to do with me.
So very sorry you are having to go though all of this...I so understand as I am in the middle of it too...My complete breast lift and implant was a waste of time and ruined my natural breast pocket, so now everything must be removed and the pocket rebuilt and left to heal for 6 months. It took finding a new and much better surgeon to find the answers I was looking for. Hope you can do the same thing...Don't you wish there was a money back guarantee...these are very costly lessons we are learning...
AZDee you are so right. It's not like we have money trees in our back yard. I am very sorry you are having these problems. Good luck with your upcoming surgery.
How long after your surgery did that happen when you were doing push ups. I've always wondered if I should give up push ups, pull ups and burpies. Where the implants placed under the muscle? I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've gone through, but I think they do look better than your pre surgery breasts.
Did you have your revision? Hoping you're doing okay!
hope the biopsy went well- and that department all good. Hugs to you and your hubby-I hope that you feel closer after going through these bumpy times together.
Maybe a larger implant would be the answer?
Why would it b fuller than the right if he repositions it. Wouldn't that b good since it doesn't have as much fullness?
I hate you are going through so much! With my asymmetry the dr used two different implant styles the first surgery and they looked symmetrical however they felt different internally to me. The last surgery I just had he was able to use the same implant style but 100cc more in one than the other. I'm contemplating on adding more to the smaller cc side. My left breast slants a little more to the side than my right but I also have scoliosis so I naturally look a little lopsided. Your breast do not look bad but I do see your concern. It puts you in a tough situation...to trust him again to go another surgery. Had he handled very many asymmetrical breast cases other than yours? I know all breast are asymetrical but you know what I mean.
Boxer baby...try to keep your spirits up. I know that you are going through a lot right now and are feeling some self blame because things didn't end up the way you wanted. YOu are so lucky to have a supportive husband who is going to love you regardless. The waiting for things to align is so stressful but I am sure that your PS will make it right. Try, try, try to have positive thoughts about healing and your appearance. I too had a a very bumpy road and feel like the case study for what can go wrong. hugs..
Thank you so much for your kind words. I understand that all things in life take time. I am just venting my frustration. I thought this site was for people to be able to share their experiences, be it good or bad. I am positive that everything will turn out well. I have to believe that. My surgeon is a wonderful man & is very talented. This is no way to discredit him. Hugs to you as well
My heart goes out to you for all you have had to endure. I am sending positive thoughts your way. ☺️
thanks Boxer Baby-and yes, it is a site to share the good, bad, ugly, sexy. I have learned a lot about breast surgery and not only the physical healing but the emotional as well.
I have come to realize that Plastic Surgery is a process, sometimes there are fixes that need to be made, I am going though that now with my arm lift. Hang in there, it can all be made right...I know how you feel, we expect one thing and then it doesn't come out as we planned, it can be frustrating...
Give it time to heal it takes long time it can not be compared to just an agmintation I have had that here years ago bounced right back this time it is a processes and every day I am happier it changes almost daily as I heal so be patient and it will be okay if he does revision they will be beautifule don't be negative allow ur body time