Disappointed

Hi everyone, it has been very helpful reading...

Hi everyone, it has been very helpful reading about everyone's procedures and seeing your before and after photos. I really could use some unbiased advice on what I should do. I have suffered with breast asymmetry all of my life. (Left breast much bigger than right). It has caused me to be very insecure and self conscious. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. I have wanted to have breast surgery for as long as I can remember, it just wasn't an option, financially. I just turned 50 in August and I feel that I am too old to do this and it is a frivolous way to spend money. With the love and support of my husband, I decided to go for a consultation with Dr. Adrian Lo. He has offices in Philadelphia & New Jersey. Dr. Lo and his coordinator made me feel at ease and I scheduled my surgery for December. I am 5'5 and weight in the 120's. I am scared that I am making a huge mistake. I feel I need to be happy with myself no matter how I look. I have suffered from a distorted body image & have had bouts with bulimia and anorexia in the past. I am scared that getting implants will make me look and feel "fat" and I will want them removed. Please, please, I need advice. I have included a picture of how my breast look now.

Thank you all for reading story.

Do what please you. If you feel like you won't get used to implants or they will make you look top heavy, maybe you should look into breast reduction for the bigger breast . I am getting the lift without implants because of the same fear. I love implants look on other ladies but I feel like bigger breast will just make me look fat and I love my small frame. I am sure whichever you decide you will much happier than now so have a long tala with your PS about all available options for you. Good luck on your journey.
Talk, not tala, sorry for the typo.

I agree with the community! You are the new 40 and definitely not too old to make an adjustment to your breasts. Your asymmetry is very common, as you have probably noticed when searching on RealSelf. Sounds like you've had one consult so far. If you have another consult, here are some questions to ask your surgeon. Looking forward to your progress. Keep us posted!

Rice sizers

Sizers

Hello Baby Boxer, we have very similar issues, left larger and ptosis. I did get implants at 22 overs with no lift. Now I am deflated on both waiting for my revision which will include a vertical scar lift on the left and silicon unders. I was hoping I could just remove and not get into the cycle of implants and replacements but the choices I made almost 20 yrs ago prevent this from being an option and at the end of the day one being bigger than the other (both very small) on my not tiny frame will not satisfy me. See my photos. What is your primary wish for results correct asymmetry, get perky or increase volume or all of the above? If you are worried about looking or feeling overweight with them discuss with your doctor your options for projection (moderate or moderate plus ect.) you can get the right size for your chest diameter and not have to have a huge implant on the lesser profiles and for any events you want your puppies to know people out just wear a padded push up then you have manageable breasts you can control. The height of your breasts effect if you appear heavy whether with a bra or a lift if they are mid way between your elbow and shoulder you should see your waist line best. I hope I have helped, this is just from my research and experience. You are not selfish or superficial you are a woman who wants a change looking for the best route not to regret as we all are here :) Best of luck and feel free to ask me anything.
Hello Boxer Baby, I do understand why you wish so badly to correct the asymmetry you have. I think you are a good candidate for breast reconstruction/augmentation (I believe that is what it would be called). I have not ever had your specific asymmetry dilemma. But, I don't feel its hard to imagine what it would be like living with it. Women have plastic surgery on their breast for way simpler reasons than yours everyday. I personally feel your reason has more validity than a lot of others. That's just me though. Anyway, I agree that it really does come down to the Plastic Surgeon in regards to getting successful results and like many professional fields out there, there are more bad ones than good ones. It is by no means easy selecting a good surgeon even with multiple consultations and research. That I do have personal experience with and I failed to select a good surgeon. I had many consults before my final selection and did a lot of networking/research. But still choose poorly somehow. Sometimes these doctors can just simply be very superior salesman who really want your money. It is how they make their living though. So, clearly there may be a bit of selfish behavior added in there somewhere by the doctors themselves. There staff wants to get paid too (note). Anyway, it sounds like you have selected a good surgeon. Plastic surgery will always be a gamble. Most surgeons will be a higher risk gamble than others, but like said...it can be very hard to see what you truly need to see when selecting the surgeon. It's super tricky to say the least. Now days there is so much more offered to people out there to assist them with their journey for a better tomorrow. Lol Like this specific sight "real self". I didn't have any of the stuff they have today. Plus, you learn how doctors can fabricate so much of what they claim is theirs. It's mind twisting when you are putting so much trust into these surgeons and money. It ultimately does come down to going to a surgeon who is very popular and does a ton more surgeries than the majority of the others out there. You can definitely feel more confident putting your bets/trust on that alone. Try to use a surgeon who specializes primarily with Breasts also if you can. Well, I hope some of this helped you at least a little bit. FYI: You don't have to get implants put in either. You could just do a lift on the larger breast alone. That would correct the asymmetry, your main goal. Implants will bring a whole other deal to the table for you. Just the lift will allow you to put the plastic surgery world behind you if you so choose. Implants are a commitment and on going care/problems for life, especially financially. Good luck! And I do support you with your decision to correct the asymmetry.
Oh...also, if you just get a lift without implants, you may possibly need a reduction too along with that, depending on if your larger breast has more breast tissue than the other. Most likely it does. Implants are a quick fix and guaranteed future payout for surgeons to correct any breast tissue asymmetry. Simply put! Without a reduction on the larger breast, your left breast will most likely project out and around more than the smaller one. Ultimately still being bigger than the smaller because there is more breast tissue still there. I am sure you understand. ;) It's as simple as your surgeon wants to make it.

Stupid question!

I know this is a stupid question, but I see a lot of the pre op pictures look like everyone has tanned or used a self tanner?? Is that something that is done at the PS office or am I supposed to do that??

Sorry, this is all new to me????

Well, Philadelphia, I spoke too soon. It is now five plus weeks after my lift and small saline implants (250/275 for asymmetry) and what used to be my small breast is now definitely moving laterally to the side creating new asymmetry in both the shape and height of the nipples. I am also uncomfortable with the implant moving towards armpit and it feel unstable. The right seems ok. So now I have asymmetric breasts and nipples AND the ugly incisions from two anchor lifts. Although it is early l am anticipating this lateral "fall" and displacement is not at all a normal or good sign. On further investigation I read that lateral displacement is one of the most common negative outcomes of augmentation and requires revision surgery to correct. One must of course wait at least six months so in the meantime I am feeling very discouraged and frankly afarid a further surgery will lead not to correction but more problems. I went to a TOP rated breast revision surgeon. BTW.
Your sizer photos look lovely!
I've also suffered from distorted body, bulimia and anorexia in the past so I know how you feel. I still have urges all the time and believe it will be something I will have to battle with for the rest of my life. I chose to have a breast augmentation because I truthfully believe it will help me with my self confidence and will make me happier with the way my body looks. You mentioned you were 50? That's no reason to not have the surgery. If your breasts are are a problem for you and you have the ability to get them fixed, I'd say do it! Isn't $7,500 worth it If it'll make you happier and more confident? But that's just my opinion, I wish you the best with your decision :)

1 month to new boobies!'

Ok, ladies I need advice. I am having breast lift with saline implant in left and saline implant in right. What size do you think is appropriate for me? I would like breast that are full and high on my chest. My pre op appt is set for December 13th. Still have no idea what size the ps is recommending and have yet to try on sizers. I called the ps office regarding this and they said to call them the day before so they will bring the sizers to there satellite office. So many decisions.

Hello, new to this, and thankful to know I'm not the only one will this issue. Thank you all for sharing your stories.
We have surgery on the same day and we are both paying the same price lol yay a surgery buddy! Sizing is confusing the heck outta me too, so don't worry you're not alone. Good luck choosing a size. I will be following your journey :)
I has asymmetry very similar. I got saline implants, 225cc filled to 250cc in the formerly larger breast and 250cc filled to 275cc in the formerly smaller breast. My breasts are high, perky and a full C. I wanted big B but fine. I am 5'7" and 140 lbs. Looks about right. Only thing wrong is the uneven nipples darn it! Blood supply issues I wrote previously. Hope yours are BEAUTIFUL!. I bet they will be since your doc opted for the more conservative two step operation. Best to you.

I know I am in good hands

I was having doubts about my upcoming surgery and a little voice kept telling me to get another consultation. I was simply amazed with Dr Sorokins website which made me want to actually meet him. I decided to contact his office and spoke to Bella, one if the Drs technicians. She made me feel confident that I was making the right choice by getting a second opinion. I was pleasantly surprised with the professionalism, knowledge and expertise of him and his wonderful staff. He sat with me and explained which procedure would be the best for me to attain the look I want. He faced me toward a full length mirror and took the time to show me what he could do We went over pre and postoperative care and what I should expect. Marla, the Drs technician gave me sizers to put on, I think the right was 400cc and the left was 275cc. I then went to see Alisha and discussed cost and go over consents. I was given a huge book to take home and read along with prescriptions for pain medications and an rx for a mammogram. By the time I left her office I felt so comfortable. She knew I was on a time constraint and wisked me off to another technician( sorry I do not remember her name) who was so sweet and gentle when she drew my blood and did my EKG. After seeing Alisha one more time, the technician that drew my blood came in and said the Dr was concerned about my potassium levels and wanted me to begin a medication pre op. Wow, talk about being efficient. I am now feeling at ease and confident in my decision and am looking forward to my new additions.

Hi! I am so happy to read this because I have a consultation with Dr.Sorokin in January! His website made me feel very comfortable. I know that sounds weird but I totally understand what you meant! Good luck on your surgery! Keep us updated!
Good for u!! Sounds like u chose the right PS. Follow your instincts!
Thank you. I believe I have.

Let the healing begin

1 week post op

Healing

Hope your healing well! Thanks for stopping by my review.
Your body was awesome before! I'm asymmetrical also, so I understand about not being confident about them, they look great! Can't wait to finally pick a doctor! Good luck with your healing!
Looking good, relax & enjoy your new additions!!

9 days post breast lift & implants

Finally feeling a little better. Still am trying to get use to the girls!!

I think we had sane surgery date! You look great!
Looking so beautiful! Give yourself time and u will get used to them!
Boxer baby you look fantastic! I also had very bad assymetrical breasts. I am to embarrassed to post pics on my site. My question is have you dropped yet? I had arm lift and breast lift with saline implants november 20. My breasts still have not dropped, and I am very depressed about it because I see so many other womens who have. Mine are still high, I am also 50 and I thought I was to old for this, now I just wish I could be happy about it. My ps says it could take up to 6 months to drop, I had no idea it could take that long. :( Thank you and I wish you the best in healing, and you really look amazing. Have a beautiful New Year!

I love, love, love my new additions!!

I cannot give enough praise to my surgeon and his fabulous staff!! They are by far the best group of healthcare professionals???????? Thank you all for taking such wonderful care of me????????????

They look great just be careful with the Saline they ripple over time I had to have mine redone and I did the gummy bear implant with a lift and reduction.
They look great!
You look fabulous! The only one that thought I was too old to be doing any of this was my daughter...I guess I should just stay in my rocking chair an take up knitting.... (she thinks it's embarrassing to be sooo old and have young boobs)....haha

Scared!!!!! Should I start worrying??

Happy New Year everyone.

Today I am 3 weeks po and I am feeling that there is a problem with my breast. I have an infection on the right which I am on oral antibiotics and using antibiotic ointment on the incisions. My concern is the left breast. It is lower and pointing more to the left side. Am I crazy or am I expecting too much?? Please help!!

I wanted to let you know I had an infection on my nipple that became an open wound and I also then got infection on the incision coming down the breast after my lift/reduction with implant I saw many dif doctors so I decided to take matters in my own hands as I had done many time naturally and that was when I saw progress. I stopped putting antibiotics on it because this kills tissue and then the tissues can not rebuild naturally. The other thing is you need to keep it moist do not let it dry out it has to heal from inside out not outside in. So I used Golden Salve from nature sunshine and gauze and no water do not put it in the water use saline to wash it as water has chlorine in it. I literately packed the salve in both wounds three different times a day using the gauze to cove it so it did not get on my clothes and make a round circle lol looking stupid. The wounds were so bad I deleted the photos because it scared me to look at them I am not joking I cried everytime I looked at it so stressed thought my nipple was going to fall off and the incision was going to open all the way on the other breast. I am going to tell you it healed so nicely took about 3 to 4 weeks but the color is back on my nipple with just a small area needing to heal still but wound is closed and on other breast it is completely healed no scar nothing looks amazing. I am hear if you need anything I hope all that made sense. OH yea high amounts of echinacea and vitamin C for the antibiotics side of things not prescription that breaks down the immune system. Remember the body is designed to heal and it can do amazing things if we let it :)
Thank you so much for taking the time help me. I really appreciate that. I have an appointment with the PS on Monday. I will definitely let you know what happens. Xo
Wow, I never knew that could be done.

3 week post op

Hey, Just checking in on you. How is everything going? Update us girls! Hope all is well.
I Still am unhappy with the shape of the left breast compared to the right. The right has a fullness upper and lower but the left doesn't. The right does not have a fold at the bottom and the left does. If I would have known that I wouldn't have had a result at least 80% perfect! I would never have gone through with the surgery. I was told if I am still unhappy in 6 weeks, he will discuss a revision. The most disappointing thing, I finally did this at the age of 50, only to feel like I made a big mistake. I wasted a lot of money on this "dream" of being normal. My husband loved me the way I was before, I just didn't love myself. Ohh well. This is the most recent picture.
How did your appointment go last week? Hoping your infection is healing and that you're starting to see more changes toward symmetry. Keep us posted!

Most recent picture

New photo

The black lines you see are showing where the lower fold of the breast are. The right does not have one. I don't understand why? The left breast is still pointing to the left, that I can live with, but there is no upper pole fullness compared to the right. Does anyone else see this, or is it me?

Photo

Thank you for checking in on me. Hope all is well with you. Very emotional right now. I have to have an endometrial biopsy tomorrow due to a period lasting over 5 weeks. My ultrasound showed bilateral ovarian cysts and fibroids. Gyn said that wouldn't cause this type of bleeding. I am quite scared.
Boxer baby I can relate so well to what you are saying. I did mine at fifty also, and I am ten weeks out both have not dropped and I am so depressed because mine are rectangle, they do not look like boobs at all. They are uncomfortable and ride in my arm pits. Ps said he doesn't know why they haven't dropped but they will need be released in order to dropped. He can not do that surgery for nine months to a year to allow the scar to heal as I had a lift also. It really sucks and I truly wish the best of luck to you.My heart goes out to you.
Thank you. I am sorry that you are also having problems. Like I said before, we waited until later in life to have this done, only to be disappointed. Best of luck to you as well.

Disappointed

Boxer baby...try to keep your spirits up. I know that you are going through a lot right now and are feeling some self blame because things didn't end up the way you wanted. YOu are so lucky to have a supportive husband who is going to love you regardless. The waiting for things to align is so stressful but I am sure that your PS will make it right. Try, try, try to have positive thoughts about healing and your appearance. I too had a a very bumpy road and feel like the case study for what can go wrong. hugs..
Thank you so much for your kind words. I understand that all things in life take time. I am just venting my frustration. I thought this site was for people to be able to share their experiences, be it good or bad. I am positive that everything will turn out well. I have to believe that. My surgeon is a wonderful man & is very talented. This is no way to discredit him. Hugs to you as well
My heart goes out to you for all you have had to endure. I am sending positive thoughts your way. ☺️

Ok, now what!!

I was told by my ps he could fix the left areola in the office. A little lidocaine to numb me up and reposition it. I'll have some stitches. He will fix the left if I want( cost was not discussed) but he wanted me to know that it would be fuller than the right and that fullness would be noticeable in a bra. He said I am sure you look great in a bra!! I didn't have the surgery to look great in a bra!! Anyway, my issue is that the left breast is still hanging to the left(the same as it was before surgery), it's only bigger and lacks the fullness of the right. They are two different breast. I understand that no one has perfect breast. I just expected them to at least be pointing in the same direction with the same amount of fullness. My dilemma, do I risk a revision and possibly look worse, or hope that the surgeon that I put all my trust in can fix it.

New photo

Did you have your revision? Hoping you're doing okay!
hope the biopsy went well- and that department all good. Hugs to you and your hubby-I hope that you feel closer after going through these bumpy times together.
Maybe a larger implant would be the answer?

Disappointed

I think if I would have know how my breast were going to turn out after 2 surgeries, I wouldn't have done it. My left breast looked much better after the second surgery, but that only lasted 2 mths. I was doing a push up and felt pain in my left breast. When I checked it out in the mirror, my implant had moved or dropped. I was able to see where my natural breast tissue ended and the continued. (If that makes sense) Also, when I flex my muscle you can see the same thing as well as ripples extending from the center of my chest out toward the implant.

I don't know what to do at this point. My Dr said it is normal. It doesn't feel normal to me.

New photo

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I hope you do whatever makes you happy remember life is short and you need to live it being happy. Wishing you nothing but the best.
Did Dr. Sorokin fix it or did you find another PS? I'm still researching PS for same procedure BL/BA.
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon