OK for Some Types of Straightening - Philadelphia, PA

I had braces as a kid, but because I didn't...

I had braces as a kid, but because I didn't wear a retainer (back then they didn't tell you to do that), my teeth started moving. I had Invisalign Express ($2500), as recommended by one orthodontist, and I was very unhappy with the results. He shaved my teeth in between and basically tried to force the teeth into the shape he wanted w/o considering the overall affect.

I ended up going to another orthodontist to have it corrected, for another $6000+. The results are better, but I am still not happy with it. There are still problems from the first treatment, which I thought would be fixed with the 2nd treatment. My bite is off still, and the teeth aren't rotated properly as Invisalign cannot adjust the teeth to that level of precision.

I think there are real limitations with Invisalign - it's great b/c it's clear and convenient, but if I'd do it again, I think I'd just suck it up and get braces so the result is more precise and you can achieve better results. I'd also be very careful of Invisalign Express - a lot of orthodontists don't know how to use it, and they think it'll give you the result in the time you want, but it won't. You'll just end up spending more money to fist issues.

Make sure you spell out exactly what you are looking for - results, concenrs etc. Make sure they explain what they plan to do. I had no idea the doctor was going to shave my teeth - in hind sight I should have objected.