Totally Worth It - Philadelphia, PA

I just had breast reduction surgery on July...

I just had breast reduction surgery on July 25,2011. I am 4 days post-op and feel amazing. The pain is not even close to as bad as I expected it to be. I am still tired a lot and need a little help getting around but I feel amazing.

I have always been a small person. I am only 5'2 and wear roughly a size 6. Pre-op I wore a bra size 32 H. I have a very small frame and it was almost impossible for me to find bras that fit let alone bathing suits! I am so excited to get my bandages off tomorrow and see my new breasts at 32 C.

My surgery was a breeze. It took less than 2 hours and I didn't need the post-op drains. I was given the ON-Q post op numbing pumps and a really low dose of percocet. I was up and walking the next day and able to take care of myself for the most part. I would tell anyone that is wondering if they should do this surgery to just go for it. It is worth everything in the end!!

I am trying to find a great doctor and would love a recommendation!

I am very happy to hear you are doing so well.

We are almost identical in size so I know how good you feel now!   Keep us up to date on how you are healing.

It's great that this was covered by insurance and that you're healing so nicely! Thanks for sharing on RealSelf.

It took me close to 2 years and some arguing on my doctors end to get my insurance company to cover me. In the end I have no cost at all!