Severe Swelling 18 Months Post Op. - Philadelphia

18 months post op. I still have severe swelling,...

18 months post op. I still have severe swelling, pain daily 8 out of 10. Have sought guidance from 3 specialists so far, without a solid answer. Dr. Solomon has no interest in further assistance despite my last visit indicating continued problems. I feel discouraged and not sure where to turn. Ofcourse you are told the risks involved, and ofcourse I signed my life away... BUT... my issues are NOT related to the actual chosen surgery (my incision site is healed, but specialists are starting to predict that it was HOW the surgery was done. I may have pinched nerves, tendon issues, and may have to take medication the rest of my life. I AM 28 years old. This is NOT fair. The worst part of all this is 2 weeks post OP, I KNEW something was wrong, and brought it to Dr attention every visit, but he kept assuring me full recovery took ONE YEAR. He also had a terrible way of conveying his information, and talked me down off my concerns raised every time. I would walk out of his office frustrated but hopeful that 'he was right'. again, 18 months later, NOT THE CASE... and I DO NOT wish this on anyone... PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH and make sure the Dr you choose validates your concerns, and presents as caring from your initial consultation.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I was referred to Dr. Solomon from a friend, after interviewing many Dr.s He was thorough prior to surgery, and even after, during my 6 months of post OP. I then started to indicate signs of issue and I did not feel validated, MORE SO, i felt like i was disregarded. NOW, 18 months later, Im in a bad place, continuous swelling, uncontrolled daily pain, and no answers.

Wow! that is the opposite of my experience with Dr. Solomon. did he send you to a pain management specialist?It's not at all common to have pain so far post op. He has been nothing but responsive to me and others that I've referrred to him. Have you gone for another opinion?

Hi there, welcome!

I'm sorry your experience wasn't what you hope it would be. Now it's been another several months, have you seen any improvement? Are you getting treatment/revisions anywhere else?