Painful - Phoenix, AZ

Today I had Ultherapy done on just my brow area. I...

Today I had Ultherapy done on just my brow area. I wanted to get lifting and tightening of my upper eye area.

At the initial consult, I was offered the chance to have a Percoset prescribed to pre-medicate with before the procedure. I stupidly said no, I'm pretty tough ..... this was a mistake on my part!

Articles that downplay the discomfort of Ultherapy are not being truthful. I know pain tolerance differs from person to person, but getting enough pain relief is very important.

My aesthetician used solely nitrous oxide (laughing gas) for pain relief during the procedure. I was inhaling like crazy trying to suck in more nitrous for pain relief. It hurt, let me tell you! The best description I can offer is that it feels like a staple gun is shooting hot staples into your head. Three or four times I asked to stop momentarily.

Pain ranged from simply uncomfortable to the "yikes-stop-stop" feeling.

I was informed later that a patient can have one of the doctors administer a facial nerve block pre-procedure. This is definitely the way I'll go next time.

I notice slight improvement in the affected area. It will take 60-90 days to get full effect as the collagen builds, so I'm unconcerned about seeing results right now.

So I would do it again, but only with adequate pain control.