Phenol Peel Gave Me a Babyface

I got a deep chamical peel, a phenol peel done a...

I got a deep chamical peel, a phenol peel done a few months ago. At first i was very worried about my skin changing color permanently but the doctor assured me that phenol gives great results on white women. Even if the skin does change color on a white skin, it does not show as much and so it works well. I had a severly discoloured skin, with dark pigmentations and a few acne scars around my chin. The phenol peel was very strong, caused pain and burning.

At first i did not feel much pain because i was sedated but as the medicine wore off, my face was red and hot. The doc gave me painkillers for a week and that was helpful.My face was swollen for more than a week, i couldnt see very well for some reason and i looked like i had got a severe sunburn.

After about 2 weeks the peeling of the skin was complete and a new skin was waiting for me underneath. The redness took more than a month to go but it hid well under make up and even gave me a natural blush. As the redness went away, i looked quite pale for a while but my skin got back to normal soon after.

Overall recovery time, including peeling , swelling and redness all took about 2 months i think. Though i was ok to step out with make up after two weeks. The thing with a phenol  peel is that you have to take off from work and take rest for some days.

I took an off for two and a half weeks so i got a good time to recover. If you have the time to take a holiday from work and if you are willing to spend more than what you would have paid for a milder peel, phenol is the answer for you. Of course, it has better results too.

I last posted back in December 2011. Its now August 2012. I want you all to know that although it took me 4 months to fully recover, skin texture, redness, etc., that I've had people tell me that this procedure took 15 years off my face. I am truly ecstatic. I hope this post helps anyone that is unsure. Completely and totally well worth the cost, pain and mess!

Thank you so much for letting us know this cicmimi. I would love it if you would post a review about your experience, so you can have a vote on the Worth It Rating.

What Denver Dr did the crotin oil phenol peel for you?
I am 19 days post phenol peel. I knew there would be redness and I can deel with that; but I have a lot of flaking skin that is quite glued to my face and make-up WILL NOT go over it without enhancing the flaky look. Has anyone else had this flaking after the initial healing? Any suggestions?
As I sit here, this is the 5th week today post peel. I am totally healed---have been for 3 weeks. No pain since the end of the first week. Only problem is this fading redness. It creeps away at a snails pace but I don't really look that bad,now. Looks like I am still recovering from a severe sunburn. I know that it takes a couple of months so I am anxiously/patiently waiting!!! Everything is smooth and nice and wrinkles are diminished.
i'm sent for a phenol peel in two weeks. just wondering if anyone else out there has had this done and if the results were worth the time and money.
Hi, I saw your post about the phenol peel. Did you ever have it done last year and how was it and how do you like the results?
Hi Sugar, Could you please provide the name and contact info of the doctor who perform phenol peel in colorado.
I am also interested in this Drs. name....any pics?
I have heard the phenol peel is best for deep upper lip wrinkles which I have. Also phenol works best on very light-coloured thin skin. Does any have experience with removing upper- lip wrinkles? I used the Yag long pulse laser a couple oftimes, but the resulta are not long lasting. I was going to try the Fraxel laser, but have been very discouraged after reading the horrifying reviews.Does any body have any advice?
I had a phenol peel just under the eyes on Jan 14th. The skin is still VERY red and difficult to cover even with expensive cover makeup. I may be thrilled in a couple of months but right now I am regretting it. It's been nearly 2 months and the skin is very deep red.
YIKES, I hate to hear this since I just had this done 04/29/09. I still haven't made it to the point of being able to see what is beneath this mess of burned skin, but this is not very encouraging. Please update as you progress.
You will recover however it will take time and at first very painful. It took me six months for me and well worth it. Make sure your skin is washed several times a day.I had a face lift that pulled up the sagging skin but the peel did more because it got rid of the lines,large pores, and any discoloring something a facelift won't do.
Does this procedure hurt? Does it really help with acne scars and enlarged pores? I was wondering how soon I would have to come back to have the surgery again or will I see lasting results.

Dear Sir or Madam, I am considering having the phenol peel but was wondering if I would be put to sleep during this procedure, in addition I have enlarged pores and acne scars. How well will this work for this problem? Will I see lasting results or will I have to repeat this process in the future. Does it hurt alot during the procedure if I'm not knocked out?