Age 46, Exillis, Restylane, IPL, Botox with Dr. Lain and Pflugerville Dermatology - Pflugerville, TX

I had loose skin under my chin, discolored skin,...

I had loose skin under my chin, discolored skin, and laugh lines. Jennifer used Botox and Restylane on my face. Botox on my forehead and around eyes and Restylane around my lip area and laugh lines. The results were fantastic and immediate. This encouraged me to get another procedure.

I saw Stacey for the Exilis treatment. She was VERY SWEET and went out of her way to make me comfortable. I drank lots of water before the procedure. I explained to her that I had saved for a long time to be able to improve my appearance. She reassured me that she had done the procedure many times with great results. After we finished the series of procedures, I still didn't see a change. She told me that it would take a while for the skin to tighten.

She then did an IPL treatment on me. She said I would only need one because I didn't have that much damage. She told me that my freckles would darken more and the other discolored areas would darken more and then fall off. I avoided the sun and did everything she suggested including not rubbing my face or washing aggressively. My skin never peeled at all. Truly, even though the procedure was painful, the results were as if I had just washed my face with soap and water. NOTHING CHANGED. The injections wore off three weeks afterward. I now have a deep line above my lip where one of the injections had been placed. There isn't a laugh line here and I didn't have the line before. It doesn't go away. I mentioned all of this to Stacey and she told me about a special they were running the following month on Botox.

I do not make very much money and I have to save for a long time to have these kinds of things done. I later showed my face to a co-worker who has had Botox. She said sometimes doctor's dilute the serum. I am not sure why this very expensive treatment lasted less than a month. I do not remember the exact cost and am guessing based on what I had saved up. Very frustrating.

I have had Botox with very good results and Juvederm twice, once in mouth area and once under eyes...the one under the eyes really worked well, but the swelling and bruising were pretty bad for about 3 weeks. I also opted for Exilis to tighten my jawline...I had four treatments...I saw little to no improvement, except for right after when it was red and swollen..That procedure is meant to stimulate collagen growth, so you won't see the real results for at least 5 months...I never really saw them at all. My jawline and neckline continued to age at the same rate, so I opted for a neck lift and a lower face lift. That definitely did the trick, but the bruising and swelling are really bad and it is a long process emotionally. I find most of those laser/heat procedures are really for those who can afford to do it regularly...at least once a year do a treatment series. You will continue to see improvement, I am thinking. IPL worked great for me the first time...but be super, very careful...one heedless short time in the sun and you are doomed to have all the spots back and extras along with it. Great luck to you!
Thanks for sharing your story and I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with your results. I hope you find support in the community.
Austin Dermatologist

I only met Dr. Lain for a brief moment. He was a pleasant man. Stacey and Jennifer and all of the office ladies were very friendly. None of them were pushy to try and sell me services. Office staff remembered my name when I returned. I do not think that my lack of results was because of their skill level. Although, since the results of what I had done didn't do what was promised, I have to give the overall rating the lowest available. I think maybe the product used was low quality and maybe the equipment as well. This is just a guess.