My Coolsculpting Experience - Lower Abdomen 2 X Applicators - Perth, WA

Ok.. So after alot of research I decided to have...

Ok.. So after alot of research I decided to have coolsculpting done on my lower abdomen.. I am 25 and have always had a problem with this area, I wanted something done to give me a little motivation to keep working towards my ideal weight by eating healthy and the good old gym, if this procedure works I will be looking at having more done around my midsection but thought i would try it before I really commit to spending a lot of $$ , so we will see if it was worth it in a few months I guess..

The actual procedure was not as bad as I had expected, I had a stencil drawn on my stomach where the applicator would be going, we decided I would have two separate applicators on each side of my lower abdomen, so 2 x 1hr treatments, this was to freeze a larger area for more results (hopefully) :) .. Initial suction was the worst part, I am not sure if it was the suction or the cold but I just wanted to pull the thing off, I waited a few minutes and it was a breeze from there, my doctor actually dimmed the lights and I had a little nap through my second procedure he he..
So after an hour each side the applicator was removed and i was left with what a lot of people have referred to as a large stick of butter, the doctor told me not to look if i didnt think i could handle seeing it - it does look pretty strange.
Then came the massage this hurt but was tolerable, I have been told to massage myself 2 x 5mins a day .

I will try keep this updated at least once weekly to track my results as they gradually appear - so far I will start with....

1 Day Post Op - I have numbing of the area and a few little bruises about the size of 10c coins(AUS), I'm quite swollen left side more than the right. I have done my two daily massages which is tender but it helps circulation so is worth the pain, so far that is all I have to report . .

4th Day Post Op -

All is going really well, my bruising has almost disapeared, the swelling is slowly going down. I have been getting slight shooting pains in my lower abdomen and an itchy feeling, but all to be expect with two large applicators which are meant to have more side effects. So far it hasn't stopped me from doing any of my daily activities, so I am happy :) ..

8th Day Post Op -

I am now on my 8th day since coolsculpting day 6 & 7 I was getting a burning like sensation that was very uncomfortable, I actually put an ice pack on it which made it feel much better, my clothes touching my skin were also hurting, it shouldn't last too long.. No results that I notice so I will put pics up as soon as I can see any change .

5 weeks Post Coolsculpting

I have not had much to update on just waiting for the end results, I do notice a change in my pics from before and after so that is good news. The numbness went away after around two weeks other than that I had no problems what so ever. I am happy with it so far but hoping for more of a change in the next two months.

I forgot to mention !!!

Sorry I was a little brief with my last posting, I am really noticing results now my stomach is seeming much flatter and I have actually lost quite a bit of weight also from eating healthy apparently this helps the process to flush the dissolved fat from your body. We all know that spot reduction is impossible so I think it really has made a huge difference even my pants are fitting me a lot better..
I have my six week check up this coming Monday, I am going to discuss with my doctor about having more sessions on my hips and back rolls to give me more shape, at this stage I believe it is completely worth it and is a better option than risky surgery and botch lipo jobs.
Hope this gives a little more information for anyone looking to have this procedure and what you can expect :) .....

Any updates Paula on your procedure?
Right now I am researching, reading what everyone is experiencing and then of course there is the financial issue. How much? My husband always asks do you "need" it and sometimes I reply...no I Want it. This is a case of both. After three back surgeries have made it impossible for me to work our like I used to and the dreaded menopause, I watched my body change. It saddened me greatly. So, do I need this? Yes! Do I want this? Heck yes! Now I have to decide between two procedures. The laser one and the cool sculpting. See which fits my body needs and find the doctor I trust. Then work on my husband. I want my body back...my figure! Thank you for asking.
Just do it we only live once. I just am waiting for results
Can anyone tell me what the heck do you do with the thighs? No one has mentioned them. I'm 54 yrs...menopause!!! Had a great stomach and then I woke up with someone else's body..yuck! Can you get legs done with cool sculpting?

People have definitely had their thighs done (that's where I store my stubborn fat, so I definitely took note!). Here is a link to some of the reviews for CoolSculpting on the thighs:

Just had my coolsculpting yesterday. I had 6 treatments at once and im not a large person at all. Just couldn't get rid of the little muffin on my belly and love handels. I hope this works
Good Luck to you, I had one large applicator on lower abs and the smaller ones on upper. One on ea side. (so 3 hrs.) I also had bra area on my back done the next week along with love handles. (So 4 hours) I'm just over 3 wks on first procedure and 2 wks on 2nd. I don't really see any results to brag about, but am hopeful that I will soon! (Or my husband will be there demanding our $ back.) I have an apt in 3 more wks to do the 2nd treatment on lower abs and love handles. Total cost was $6500 for everything. I chose this over lipo because down time is less and less risk. I am a size 6-8, not a large person but have the muffin top going on and a tummy. I'd "love" to hear some encouragement and success stories because I'm getting worried that I spent so much $ and haven't seen any results yet.
oh boy I like to see and read some positive results also. I am starting my 1st time this sat Oct 12....Good luck
I do want to hear some great news. I am going for my 1st session this sat Oct 12 scared a little
Don't be scared. It doesn't hurt at all. I'm on my 7 th day today a little bit if cramping. I had 6 treatments at once. Spent the day there but it's all over now just waiting f results. A little bit swollen and still numb but I was told May last f 2 to 4 weeks. Good luck Saturday. Keep up posted
Thx Paula still spending all this money that scares me to...lol Oh well its only paper
Down here in Fla isn't to bad only 450.00 a area. But your right its only paper if it can help us look better
Hello and thx for your input, how old are you? Not that it makes a difference. But it seems like a younger age is doing this treatment more
I am 48. I think I am in really good shape just a little stomach and back fat. I'm positive this will work. I have a guy friend who did it on back older than me and his look awesome.
can't believe it doesn't hurt
I think you had two of the larger smaller size coolsculpting pieces. You're not a big person and the actual large headpiece covers bigger women's whole stomach. If you were big enough to fit two large headpieces you wouldn't qualify for coolsculpting. They measured me with the large headpiece and it covered my upper and lower stomach and most of my flanks. Also the price for the big one is $1250 per treatment so it would have cost you about 2400.
Really .. Well thank you for the reply he he, I only went for the one consult for this procedure and I guess these were the only applicators they to chose from, the smaller one was not very big at all, I just assumed that it must have been the largest one possible, Actually I am yet to find a place in perth that have any treatment that expensive, maybe we don't have the much larger option over here .. Hmmm . Thanks again for your comment :)
I am into 3rd week after the the cool sculp and no results nothing my tummy is the same. Getting a little scared with all the $$$$ i am paying out. I have another session in 3 weeks. They said i need 2 session. That 5000. Dollars total.
Thanks for your review, hope you get good results. Just wondering where you had the procedure done as I am in Perth too. Thanks!
Hi there, thank you.. now it is just a waiting game to see the results :) .. I had the procedure at Dermedica @ Scarborough, Joanna Teh is the doctor in there she is great and takes the time to explain everything in detail.. There are about 3 or 4 other places in perth but dermedica was the best price I found.. I hope this helps !
Glad to hear it's not stopping you! I teach fitness classes so I'm hoping it doesn't affect my ability to do that! How did you feel the day of? The place only does the procedure two days a week and one of those evenings is my class, so I'm wondering if I can still teach that night! :)
Hi, the day of procedure In my opinion you would be fine, it's the days after it get tender to touch and about day 6 & 7 my belly was hurting quite a bit with a burning like sensation . It wouldn't stop you from teaching but is very uncomfortable . Thank you for your reply !

Thanks for sharing your experience so far! I'm looking forward to following your progress and I hope the procedure works well for you. :)

I just had cool sculpting done in portland, Oregon. Not sure if it will be successful or not, but I am hopeful. I'll be eager to hear your updates! No discomfort for me at all really. Just some burning as the areas warmed up after the treatments. I had one large on my lower abdomen, two flanks.