Persistent Dryness Even 10 Days After Fraxel Repair

Its been 11 days since my Fraxel Repair procedure...

Its been 11 days since my Fraxel Repair procedure on my face. Although the swelling and scabbing were completely gone by about Day 5-6, the dryness and associated sand paper-like feeling on my skin has not subsided. I used the Aquaphor religiously between Day 1 and Day 10. I have continued to do vinegar soaks through today. When I went to my doctor 2 days ago, he told me that I could stop using the Aquaphor and should now switch over to my moisturizer (the same one that I was using regularly prior to the procedure).

The moisturizer is making no more difference in relieving the dryness than the Aquaphor. I am going back to work in 3 days and am very concerned about this servere dryness. If my skin is as dry as is it today I won't be presentable at work and won't be able to apply makeup to cover the residual redness.

Is this dryness, tightness/itching, and not quite sand paper-feeling normal? When will the dryness subside and is there anything more that I can do to get my skin's moisture balance back to "normal"? Please help.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon