Permanent Redness!!!

Had Juvederm injections on the 12th of June for...

Had Juvederm injections on the 12th of June for nasolabial folds and marionette lines.  The injections were excruciating, some more so than others, and I was surprised at how many I received.  Although the shots plumped the problem areas rather nicely, the redness left by the injections gives the illusion that the folds are still there.  (The same effect as if you took an eyebrown pencil and lightly shaded those areas - you could easily create the appearance of nasolabial folds and marionette lines even if none existed)

It has been more than 4 months since the injections, and the redness is still present.  It is very obvious to me that it ISN"T going to go away, but rather is permanent!  A heck of a price to pay, in addition to the outrageous monetary expense.  I can't leave the house now without piling on the concealer and foundation, something I never had to do before the shots, and even at that, the redness is not completely hidden.  I'm sick about it, and angry about it!  I'll never do Juvederm again.

Patronizing when I complained about the redness. Not at all concerned or sympathetic.

Yes, the doctor gave me "numbing" shots before doing the Juvederm injections. They were totally worthless, and if I hadn't gotten them at all, the Juvederm shots couldn't have been any more painful than they were.
In my experience, different people react to these products differently. I tried restylane three years ago and had a terrible result - permanent under eye puffyness / lumpy appearance. I was very hesitant to try anything again, but after 3 yrs and more comments from others saying 'how tired' i look (even after plenty of sleep) I decided to try again. I went back to the same clinic but a different nurse - and she said that Juvederm is a little more expensive but seems to work well with those who do not take well to restylane. I am SO PLEASED with my results. I think that choice of product and more importantly TECHNIQUE of the person adminstering the injection is what is what gives the best result.
Hi me again...I just read somewhere that if Juvederm is injected to shallow, it can cause discoloration and bumps in the skin...I am thinking maybe the person whom did your injection did the injection too shallow? Just a thought anyway.....
Did you ever ask the person who did the injection what this could be from? Interesting..never heard of this happening before and I am sorry that you had problems..hopefully it will dissipate over time....
For dolphins21 - At my follow-up appt after the injections, I told the doctor who had done them that I felt sure the redness wasn't going to go away. He poo-pooed the idea, said "I PROMISE you it will go away," then added that IF it didn't, I would be "one for the record books." Well, it's STILL just as red as ever, 18 weeks after the injections! You would only have to take a quick look at it to see that it's the sort of redness that doesn't "go away" - it's permanent! I can't imagine that I was injected too shallowly; I would have guessed just the opposite. Each injection seemed to take such a long time, and they were horrifically painful!
My friend had this done and had a numbing shot. Did you have this?? Just wondering cause I am a big wimp and if it really hurts with the numbing then I will reconsider..