Permanent Makeup - a Big Mistake

I had permanent makeup done about 2 years ago...

I had permanent makeup done about 2 years ago.  The person who did it had done a friend's brows, that were thick but just needed some fill in, and it looked great.

My brows were very thin, so she used a template brow and arched them over my natural brow line.  I was unsure about the shape and thought they looked too dark,  but she assured me they would look great in a few weeks.

Well, I now have a permanent angry/surprised look tattooed on my face.  I have to cover up the arched brow portion and pencil in along my natural brow line every busy morning just to look presentable.  It was the worst mistake I ever made to do this!!

Please be careful, don't do it if you're unsure, after all this is your FACE you're permanently tattooing.  I so wish I could go back in time change this!!!

If you use TCA peeling Solution at about 35 to 40%%, you could begin to peel away the eyebrow skin...be very careful while doing this..study & read up on it. I had the same problem but I had "permanent cosmetic/tattooed lipliner" done that turned out very dark and misshaped my mouth. I was able to gradually fade the dark line around my lips after 3 treatments spaced about 1 month apart...burned some and was a little red for awhile but after a few months the reddness went away and now I look like I did before my "mistake". I bought it from a lady on EBay and she sent instructions too. I believe her business name was Essential-Skin-Inc I found it on EBay.

I have gone to Magda in Winter Park (near Orlando) twice over the years. Magda is the ultimate professional who has been doing permanent makeup for 25 years. I have had my eyebrows, eyeliner and lips done. I love it! My friends and co-workers are still trying to figure out what I had done. They have asked me If I've had a facelift, new glasses, etc. I love to see friends' reaction the first time I see them. Magda uses a tapping method and good numbing gel, so very little pain. Her place is two blocks off Park Ave. in Winter Park, a very upper class shopping and dining area. My email address is m***********.com if anyone has any questions about my experience with permanent makeup.

You state: "My friends and co-workers are still trying to figure out what I had done"....if you love your permanent makeup artist so much, you should be giving her referrals from all of your friends!

We have to agree that a $250.00 eyebrow is not going to be done by a real Professional. I have been doing Permanent Make up for
28 years and also have a masters in Theater and stage make up.
It takes years...to be a good artist and to know your colors in the skin.

"Good art is not cheap and cheap art is not good."
Why do you want to BARGIN hunt on your face makes no sense.
Look at the average price for South Fla. it is between $575-$700.
Look at their website and photos, get ref. IF they dont have a site then they are not serious or proud of their profession.

I would like to comment on this subject further....Ladies, Please consider that Permanent MakeUp is not something that should be taken lightly! Some only attend a 5 day class and then begin tattooing faces! There is NO licensing required in the state of Florida. I have been a Hollywood MakeUp Artist for over 20 years... wouldn't that be an indicator of my experience with facial morphology? If celebrities have chosen ME as their MakeUp Artist it would point to my expertise in this area. Also, i believe if you are not getting a good feeling from the person you are speaking to, RUN AWAY! Chances are, they are not very professional. There is NO question I don't have an answer to, and there are no stupid questions!I spend hours on the phone talking to women who have been given false data about PMU. I am sometimes saddened by my own industry and it's lack of integrity. YOU can take charge of this by researching and asking the right questions! You only have one face....

where are you located?

I am in the Tampa Bay area!
It is a real shame that there are such bad permanent makeup artists out there. We are not all created equal! This is NOT a procedure that should be done at someone's home, or even in a salon unless it is in a private room. Tattoo procedures are not safely performed in the environment of Nail dust, hair, and chemicals and these are huge contaminants. While there are those of us who can correct a lot of mistakes, it's so much better to go to a reputable person the first time. It is your FACE, and therefore vital to do your homework!
So how do you do your homework and choose someone who will do a really great job. There's someone in my home town whom I've called and she's done it for years. I intend to call for referrals. Any other suggestions. What technique would you recommend, by hand, stencils, machine? Thanks for any info

Where in Tampa, are you at a salon ? Im just south of Tampa and want to do upper and lower eye liner. What is the price range, not looking for a bargan just not sure of prices ?

The same thing happened to me. I got my eyebrows done 2 1/2 years ago. The aesthetician said she had 18 years experience and had a "master's certification" in permanent makeup application. She worked at a swanky dayspa, so I thought I was doing the right thing. I also saw someone else's eyebrows that she had done and liked them. Mine turned out like you said yours did: too dark, angry and surprised-looking. She told me they would fade in a few weeks and not look so harsh. To me, they still look like they were drawn on with a Sharpie.
Cassandra, the procedure took almost 2 hours, I think. The pain was bad but not horrible for me, she put on a numbing cream beforehand. I also had eyeliner done, which unlike the brows has all but faded away after 2 years, and I remember that being more painful.
The person who did my brows came to the home of my friend to do them...of course I know now that it was a stupid idea to have them done this way! I wish I would have gone to a reputable salon. That's the advice I would give, make sure you are absolutely perfectly comfortable and happy with the shape and color that is drawn on before the tattoing.
Just looking around to get the feel of the procedure and how long does it take, how painful? Are there others out there that has had this done and what were there take on having this done.
Hi, I'm in Florida too. Just wondering if you know the name of the person who did your brows? I want to make sure I don't go to her. Thanks!