hmm

I was told smartlipo could be done under local...

I was told smartlipo could be done under local sedation. ...WRONG! !! USE ANESTHESIA!
Not comfortable and the doctor did NOT take his time. Had to reschedule with anesthesia available in the following week. So upset. Do not be afraid to speak up when its painful. It was torture. The medication must has time to set up before it starts when you're awake. You should be numbed and not feel the stab wounds for the cannula. You should never feel rushed or that you are a bother to the staff or surgeon.

3 weeks out

much better with the anesthetic option. the results are good but the reconnection of nerve endings can cause little "zingers" that will stop you in your tracks then you move on. Always wear the compression garments and use the roller for your areas!!! vitally important to let no one rush you back to work. rest, heal and do it right the first time. the results are well worth it!!
Peoria Dermatologist

Good place to have your procedure. Take your time do not feel rushed. It is YOUR hard earned MONEY given for these procedures. Take your time to heal and pick the right provider.

Thank you for your feedback. General anesthesia is the recommended choice for SmartLipo patients. Upon patient request and after all risks are discussed with the patient, we do allow some patients to use local anesthesia with sedation. Many times, our recommendation is not what a patient chooses to select, and we do our best to educate and inform all patients of the various options available to them. Dr. Soderstrom is not a plastic surgeon, and does not perform SmartLipo. We only allow Board Certified plastic surgeons who have been trained extensively to perform this procedure. If you would like to discuss your particular situation further, we invite you to call our offices at 309-674-7546 and ask for the Director of Nursing.
I agree with you. One of the reasons I chose my doctor was because he uses anesthesia. There was no way I could go through that awake. My doctor agreed! Also, he took his time and it took about 4 hours to do my upper and lower abs, and my hips. Woke up feeling sleepy and NO PAIN in recovery. Wouldn't change a thing. Good luck with your procedure.
YIKES!! Thanks for the update!!! Thats definitely a NO, NO!.