My Latisse Experience - Peoria, IL

I started using this product on January 8, 2014. I...

I started using this product on January 8, 2014. I purchased a 5ml bottle for $169 from a local dermatology office and day spa.

I mainly use it as directed...using their applicator (except, usually a single one for both eyes) and using one drop per eye (squeezed into the cap) before heading to bed. Although, there have been times when I used a single drop for both eyes and have sometimes trimmed the applicator to narrow the bristles (which do soak up the solution excessively). I've found it's not as bad if I put the two drops into the cap at once...that results in plenty of product! I often wipe it on my brows as well...which are also a little thicker and darker now.

I started noticing changes the first week...new growth and, eventually, longer and thicker (the new growth) lashes.

The only side effects I've had is it made my eyes bloodshot early on, and now I get the reddish/purplish tint on my lash lines...but using a single drop for both eyes or skipping a day helps that a lot. Also, if you wear makeup daily (I never do) that would help. I recently purchased a tube of BB cream and that covers it too. My preference is to just lighten up on the use, however.

I was worried about the price and, while it's costly, it lasts longer than I originally thought (I expected it to be a monthly expense). Although, my 5ml bottle seemed to last like the 3ml should have...still trying to figure that out!

I wish the lash line didn't tint at all, but I'm very happy with this product and have purchased another 5ml bottle (better last like it should this time). My lashes could still stand to be thicker, but I'm not follicle blessed...apparently, lol. They are mostly longer, a little darker...with some added thickness.

Bottom line: I'm happy with Latisse! (I will add before & after pictures later)

Pictures

I'm adding before and after (3 month) pictures.

Side note: For more 'privacy' the color has been altered, but they should still give you an idea of my results.

Pictures

WARNING

Apparently, fat atrophy around the eye is a side effect that some are experiencing. I don't feel that it's happening to me, but I'm looking into it more and feel it's important to mention. (Thanks, Luci67 for sharing your experience!)

Eyes Deeper

I hate to say it, but it's true...my eyes ARE deeper. I wouldn't call them "sunken", but I'm not sure if it will get worse or not. I don't think they look bad...in fact, my husband didn't notice...but there is some fat loss. I'm still using it, but trying not to use it daily. I will keep updating.....

Soderstrom Skin Institute

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Girls, I am writing from Australia and having trouble finding someone who will send to there, can anyone suggest a supplier please. Lu
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Girls I am writing from Australia and having trouble finding someone who will post to me, can anyone suggest a name of someone who will send to OZ. Lu
day 4 of using my beautybylarkin (genericLatisse), I'm SO EXCITED THEY ARE ALREADY GROWING!!! as a matter of fact, they are growing faster than the Latisse did!!!
Hi Terri, thanks for the response sorry it's taken so long to get back to you have been ill it's winter here, I have tried Lumigan in the past the generic brand of Latisse and I had NO result expect for red ringed eyes lids and a considerable amount of volume has disappeared from my eyes. have gone from very large open eyes to very very deep set eyes and aged about 10 years. It seems if there is a side affect I get it.
The brushes they provide are too thick and long and waste a lot of the product.
This product works awesome until you run out.. Who can afford 120 per prescription to keep them? When it's gone, about 1 months later your lashes turn back to normal, sortof... mine were thinner!!!
I also live near Peoria Iliinois and used Latitise I purchased from Soderstrom. I used it daily for a month then went to every other day. My lashes first grew longer then thickened. I loved it; no need for false eyelashes! I didn't have any side effects at all. I did find it cheaper to order at my local CVS but still at 114 per bottle I couldn't keep using it regularly. I know people who got generic in Mexico while on a cruise for $43 a bottle but they are now scared to try it. Ugh, I wish I had purchased some while there. I even used a bit on my scrawny eye brows every few days and had great results too. I just wish I could afford it in the long run. When you stop using it; your eyelashes go back to their normal state.
What has happened now after stopping use? Did you loose them? Did they fall out? Mine did :-(
I think there is a point of diminishing returns, so to speak, with Latisse. Once you get your beautiful lashes, thee is a point where you must CUT BACK on the product or they get brittle and start falling out if you continue daily use. I hear this all the time and it was true for me. So, once they get to where you are happy with them, cut back to 1 or 2 times a week at most and, that retained my results.
I have used Latisse for a year and have longer lashes and no side effects. I use a different brushes, very thin, so the product lasts a long time, 6 mo for one 3 ml bottle. My lashes are blond and thin, no color change but much longer now.
I agree, mic123, I think the key is to use a tiny, soft brush and only the least amount of product for best results and no side effects. However, I am interested to hear from you again in another 6 months or so, because after about a year to a year and a half of daily use, most people I know get brittle lashes that begin to fall out IF they still are daily use. For this reason, many cut back to 1-2 times a week and results are maintained. Which is great!
Actually, a tiny bottle of Latisse lasted me more than a YEAR! To avoid redness and itching, put less product on. I bought a tiny eyeliner brush, and then dipped just the very tip in, only enough to barely moisten it. repeat for other eye. The stiff brush they give with the product wastes a huge amount, and it causes some to drip into the eye. Be sure to wash the brush with soap & water after each application to prevent infection from bacterial growth. When you get desired results, cut back to 1-2 days a week! Otherwise, many people get brittle, thin lashes! MORE IS NOT BETTER when it comes to meds.
Thanks for sharing your Latisse experience on RealSelf.  I can definitely see a change in your after pic, your lashes look really long!  How long did the 5ml bottle last you?