My Latisse Experience - Peoria, IL

I started using this product on January 8, 2014. I...

I started using this product on January 8, 2014. I purchased a 5ml bottle for $169 from a local dermatology office and day spa.

I mainly use it as directed...using their applicator (except, usually a single one for both eyes) and using one drop per eye (squeezed into the cap) before heading to bed. Although, there have been times when I used a single drop for both eyes and have sometimes trimmed the applicator to narrow the bristles (which do soak up the solution excessively). I've found it's not as bad if I put the two drops into the cap at once...that results in plenty of product! I often wipe it on my brows as well...which are also a little thicker and darker now.

I started noticing changes the first week...new growth and, eventually, longer and thicker (the new growth) lashes.

The only side effects I've had is it made my eyes bloodshot early on, and now I get the reddish/purplish tint on my lash lines...but using a single drop for both eyes or skipping a day helps that a lot. Also, if you wear makeup daily (I never do) that would help. I recently purchased a tube of BB cream and that covers it too. My preference is to just lighten up on the use, however.

I was worried about the price and, while it's costly, it lasts longer than I originally thought (I expected it to be a monthly expense). Although, my 5ml bottle seemed to last like the 3ml should have...still trying to figure that out!

I wish the lash line didn't tint at all, but I'm very happy with this product and have purchased another 5ml bottle (better last like it should this time). My lashes could still stand to be thicker, but I'm not follicle blessed...apparently, lol. They are mostly longer, a little darker...with some added thickness.

Bottom line: I'm happy with Latisse! (I will add before & after pictures later)

Pictures

I'm adding before and after (3 month) pictures.

Side note: For more 'privacy' the color has been altered, but they should still give you an idea of my results.

Pictures

WARNING

Apparently, fat atrophy around the eye is a side effect that some are experiencing. I don't feel that it's happening to me, but I'm looking into it more and feel it's important to mention. (Thanks, Luci67 for sharing your experience!)

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Girls, I am writing from Australia and having trouble finding someone who will send to there, can anyone suggest a supplier please. Lu
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Eyes Deeper

I hate to say it, but it's true...my eyes ARE deeper. I wouldn't call them "sunken", but I'm not sure if it will get worse or not. I don't think they look bad...in fact, my husband didn't notice...but there is some fat loss. I'm still using it, but trying not to use it daily. I will keep updating.....

Soderstrom Skin Institute