Dark Ridges Under Eyes After Palomar Fractional Laser Treatment - Pensacola, FL

I had uneven skin tone and was told that 3...

I had uneven skin tone and was told that 3 treatments using the Palomar laser would even my skin tone. I was told there were no negative side effects. After 2nd treatment I noticed dark ridges under my eyes but was assured they would go away. After 3rd treatment, the ridges were deeper and darker.

After 1 1/2 yrs the dark ridges remain and they have added 10 yrs to my looks. There are before and after pictures to prove my complaint (possession of Dr. office) The doctor said they were willing to try injections and defer 1/2 the cost for the 1st treatment but I declined. I did not want to subject myself to a life time of having injections to correct an obvious problem with this treatment.

I have tried over the counter topical applications to alleviate the dark ridges, but nothing works. I am a professional woman that must interface with customers. The end result of this procedure has made me extremely self conscious about my appearance considering the negative feedback I receive.

I am constantly asked, "if everything is OK at home?" "rough night?" etc. The doctor contacted Palomar and was told they never had any complaints of this nature and therefore didn't have a course of treatment to correct the condition.

Alice Bohannon - The Skin Care Center

Hi bjthom,

I'm so glad you decided to write a review, it will help other community members who are dealing with the same issues. Hopefully you will find some answers on our site. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review, enjoy your week!

-Britt