Two Different Sizes - Pensacola, FL

I had breast reduction surgery on July 13, 2011. I...

I had breast reduction surgery on July 13, 2011. I thought that this would make me very happy, but my breast are two different sizes. I talked with my plastic surgeon at my 6 week checkup and told him, but he seemed to be unconcerned and said that he did not see a difference in the size. I do notice the difference and so does my husband. How can I get him to correct this? It's only been six weeks, do you think they will eventually be the same size, should I wait to see if they will even out or consider revision surgery?

Well, I am about 5 months post op from my breast...

Well, I am about 5 months post op from my breast reduction surgery. I am not totally pleased with the results, I didn't get as small as I requested. I wanted to be a 34C, but ending up being a 34DD way larger then I wanted to be. But I am still glad that I had the surgery. My doctor was just ok, not the most pleasant bed side manner, just a typical doctor. I was thinking about having liposuction to take so more of the fat out of my breast, does anyone know if that is possible, so that I won't have to go through the entire breast reduction surgery again.

Hi Donna,

I read your post and was wondering where you had your procedure done, and roughly how much it was. I recently moved to Pensacola and have been considering the same surgery for some time. Since there are only a few doctors to choose from in Pensacola, I'm just trying to figure out who would be the best choice.

Hi Donna,

They can be a little uneven for up to the first 6 months.  It is way too early to make any final decisions on how they will look weeks from now.  Give it some time and you will see.

Keep the communication going with your doctor and later on you may be able to have something done if necessary.  Maybe a little lipo on the larger breast??  Be persistent with your doctor if you are not happy a few weeks from now.

From personal experience though I can tell you they eventually become closer in size and shape.

Hang in there.

So, are you saying that yours were different sizes at the beginning?

Yes they were different for a while.

At six weeks, you need to continue being patient. The swelling in your breasts can subside at different rates. If you do decide to pursue a revision, that's not something that would happen for at least a few months anyway as your body needs time to recover from this past surgery.

I hope everything heals as you're hoping! Please do keep us posted.