Medical Procedure with Cosmetic Benefits - Pensacola, FL

I originally got Botox bc I was desperate for...

I originally got Botox bc I was desperate for something to help with my tension headaches. I seem to frown a lot and I get awful headaches. I'm only 24, so Botox definitely isn't necessary for any wrinkles, but I love the fact that I'm basically preventing a lot of wrinkles in the future. It also has smoothed out what lines I did have on my forehead. It has definitely helped with the headaches and I will forever be getting these injections. I love the way my forehead looks. It got a total of 26 units of Botox. I do t have a before and after pic but I will ask the dr for copies of my before/after photo they took.

Still Waters Day Spa

Love hearing that it helped with your headaches!! Did your doctor mention if they inject with the same technique/areas for headaches as they do for strictly cosmetic reasons? I get frequent headaches, and I use Botox but have noticed no difference in my headaches, so would love to hear. :)

I asked my dr. over the phone if the injection sites are different than cosmetic & she said they're a little different, but not a huge difference. I'll be sure to ask her what's different in detail when I go in again. She also said that it depends on what type of headaches you have (migraine, pms, tension, sinus). Mine were mostly headaches caused by the way I hold my forehead muscles in an extremely tense way, so now that I can't move those certain muscles, I didn't get the headaches. I've heard from a few people that Botox didnt help with their headaches either! :( luckily for me, my insurance now covers my Botox since it is a treatment for my headaches & I no longer take any pills for it.

That makes sense about it working for some headache types and not for others. So glad you found something to give you relief!! Even sweeter that Insurance is picking it up - double yay!