Worth It! - Media, PA

I had seen stories in local magazines (yes, ads, I...

I had seen stories in local magazines (yes, ads, I know) and local news stories about ulthera, and wanted to shape my jowls and ease my turkey neck. I made the appointment, found about about it and put down a deposit, and then read about some of the negative experiences here. Needless to say I was nervous but I had heard very good things about the doctor.

Went through with it yesterday, and yes, it was painful. I don't like pain meds, so I took a toradol an hour before and then 2 extra strength tylenol. I walked in and the receptionist asked me if I was ready for my torture!! Needless to say that made me very nervous. It definitely hurt, but the doctor was asking me questions during the procedure to try to distract me, and with that and deep breathing it was bearable. He also asked me numerous times how I was and if I wanted a break. He injected numbing medicine to do my forehead, so I barely felt that (although the injections hurt a bit!). It felt like my skin should be burned, but when I looked in the mirror right after the procedure there was no redness at all.

The immediate results were great--jowl is much improved, my skin is definitely tighter (ace and neck) and my pores are barely noticeable as well. Can't wait to watch the improvement over time! My advice-find a doctor that has a good bedside manner and is experienced with this procedure.

Hello Isles. You are 11 months out. Would you still recommend?

Good job using deep breathing to get through it. I'm guessing you are probably a little bit swollen at this point (?), so please continue to keep us update on how things are looking and feeling. Also, if you have pictures you feel comfortable sharing please do - we would love to see. :)

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon