Going in for TT in 2 DAYS!

Well thinking about this for a really long time, I...

Well thinking about this for a really long time, I am finally doing something about it! I have had 3 emergency Csections and it was not the "bikini cut" type of incision. My scar runs from belly button to pubic area and has always made me feel self-conscious. Last year I ended up having a bowel resection due to endo and because of that, 5 months later was back in for a total hysterectomy (a year ago in July). Needless to say 5 abdominal surgeries has made my stomach pretty much of a train wreck. It looks like I have a minibutt! (yuk) So I researched and back in February met with the only woman board certified PS in my area. I felt very comfortable with her and went back in May to schedule the surgery for this month. I will be going in on Tuesday. I'm not really nervous about the surgery (been there done that!) I think it's more of a mindset thing where I cannot even imagine having a flat stomach...I've had the "minibutt" for so long that it's really hard to imagine myself without it! It's been so helpful to read about everyone's experiences here! I'll post more of mine when it happens!

Well tomorrow is the day...so weird to think about...

Well tomorrow is the day...so weird to think about...I keep looking down at my stomach trying to imagine what it will be like...hard to do! My surgery is 8 am (so I won't be tooo grouchy w/o my coffee;-) ) I'll try to post as soon as I can.. (and pics too)

Well it's done! Weird to say the least...pain...

Well it's done! Weird to say the least...pain was more than I thought it would be, but it is definitely manageable with the vicodin. Hurts to get up, but as I move it feels better. Just took the binder off to put a tshirt underneath and wow! the minibutt is gone!! Not much drainage really; I got back to the dr. on Friday.

BTW I forgot to mention that I also have fibromyalgia

BTW I forgot to mention that I also have fibromyalgia

Empathetic, answered questions

Hey DaniM I just saw your post when I was searching. Not sure if you will see this message since it has been over a year for you. I am having a TT with Dr. Learn in August and my preop is this week. Was wondering how you are doing and if you were happy with your results? Is there anything you wish you knew before hand that you know now?
Thank you for your post! Your story is really similar to mine. I go in next month for my surgery. You can click on my name and see my post and read all the details. :)
btw, I forgot to mention that I also have fibromyaliga :-)
ok Ladies I'm back:-) I am exactly 2 weeks post op and feeling pretty good. I still have swelling (particularly below the incision), but the incision and belly button are looking pretty good. I'll try to post some pics in the next day or 2. My upper abdominal muscles are still pretty sore, but not too bad. I did an hour of cardio today (just walking, nothing strenuous, and I'm extremely active, so I checked with the dr. and she said it was ok). Anyway, after a total of 8 surgeries, I'm pretty familiar with my body and what feels good. It felt great to work out and definitely helped my psychologically. Mommy41 I definitely understand your family's concerns. I'm a "bleeder" and during my hysterectomy lost a lot of blood and stopped breathing once on the table, so my husband was concerned too. Be as informed as you can and definitely get the input of another PS (I did list my doctor in an earlier post for someone else). I'm drinking lots of smoothies with fruit and a scoop of protein and trying! to drink lots of water. Sorry so long, but I know I pored over information incessantly before my surgery, so hopefully this is helpful for someone else:-)
OMG! Your story is similar to mine. I have a mini butt too. I had three c-sections with two of them resulting in perforated bowels. It is my dream to get rid of my mini butt but my family and husband is afraid I am going to die during to the procedure and is talking me out of it. Even my primary doctor said not a good idea. I found a PS who said he could do it but wants to see my medical records to evaluate further. I posted my question and scar online. I am also from Pennsylvania. Who is your doctor? Let me know how you are doing and feeling.
I enjoyed reading your entries. I'm going in in about 2 weeks. Wanted to lose some weight beforehand but no luck. I had four C-sections in four years and I cannot get any tone no matter how much I work out. Going through a bitter divorce and I've always wanted to do this. Thanks so much for posting; I've learned a lot from what you've written. Wish me luck and keep posting your progress. It's been really interesting!!
ooohhh, the minibutt is just the worst! and as much as I wanted it GONE...it's hard to believe that it really is...weird for sure; but so far definitely worth it! I got 1 drain out today and once the fluid level goes down a bit I'll have the other one removed. Dr. thinks everything looks really good. My doctor is Dr. Lisa Learn. I just felt really comfortable with a woman dr. and she is very easy to talk to (as well as her PA). Good luck to you:-)
Wow your story is just like mine i always feel I have a mini butt.I am so thinking about this..Glad to hear you are well.I really want to do this who is your doctor. Jane
TY! Feeling pretty good over all. Went to the store today and that was more than enough moving around for one day...could feel I was getting tired and sore...only took 1 vicodin today, so that's pretty good! Can't wait to see what the dr says tomorrow!
Hope you are doing well!., congradulations for the new tummy
Congrat on the TT... Glad to hear everything is going well....the pain will get better as the days go by.... :)
I'm doing ok thanks ladies...I must admit it was more pain than I had anticipated (especially getting up). Once I start moving though the pain eases up. I have not had too much drainage, so I'm hoping to get them out on Friday. I'll be posting pics soon! Thank you for the support:-) it's much appreciated!
Just checking to see how you are doing. Hopefully not in to much pain. Let us know about your experience and show us before and after pics.Congrats!

Thrilled for you!! Can't wait to see how flat you look after!