Hi all, This is me...I just turned 48 in Feb....

Hi all,

This is me...I just turned 48 in Feb. Happily married to my highschool sweetheart now 28 yrs.I'm 5"2' 1/2 and floating around 125 most days. I had all three of my babies via vertical c-sections and breast fed so I'm in the same boat as many of you here. My first was 9lb. 10 oz. and filled everybit of me in all directions. Now this first born son is getting married in Oct. and I need to push this whole thing through so I can be ready by then. I wanted to do it last Nov. and had my mind made up but sadly I was told no by my cardiologist because of my meds. I had a heart attack last year and had some stents put in and have to take plavix for a whole year before stopping. I waited it out (better safe than sorry) and as of May 30th it's a year! I am scheduled for a Mommy Makeover on June 13th, 2011 and could'nt be happier. I am have BA,BL,full TT and muscle repair.I just want to have a nice female form again instead of feeling like an empty skin bag. :/

I want this soooo much the more I see and hear...

I want this soooo much the more I see and hear from all of you ladies here. I am sticking to my healthy diet and excercises taking my meds and doing everything to help insure I can get this mommy makeover and get rid of my saggy mushy belly and sad empty breast bags! I want them full and firm, and my belly tight and flat. My first born was 9lbs. 10 oz. so I hope he will also give me that muscle tightening thing as I know those were shot in carrying him. All three babies c-section due to a heart shapped pelvis that I think was called Cephalopelvic disproportion. It's one thing to be done having babies and wanting our bodies back but they tell me I almost died from that heart attack so now I want to live to the fullest and be the best ME I can be. I want to look laaalicious for my hero hubby and enjoy the life we have!!!

Wish me luck and I'll keep adding to this as we go along. I'll be telling my ob/gyn about this on Thursday hopefully he will be cool with it all too. Please remember these signs of a heart attack and don't keep writing things off as something else when it could be a major situation like mine was. Tell all the women you know and especially if there is a family history of heart attacks. Age has no bearing on this my brother is younger than me and he has had 4 now but he won't stop smoking, and he did damage to his. Mine was only bruised and I can repair it. Protect the ones you love, and protect yourself. We all know that Death is Certain but Life is not....Let's live it NOW!!

Thank you all here at Real Self for giving me this chance to reach more women who want to live and love for a long long time. WITH OUR HOT TIGHT NEW BODS!!!! Woooo Hooo...

Hugs,
Mom_me :)

Flashing back a bit to Nov. 2010

After discussing breast aumentation with my husband I started looking around on the net to see what I could find. I loved the before and after pics and then came across some mommy makeover photos too. I was amazed at how what I thought was forever could be revitalized again! I was still only thinking about the breasts at the time that I sent a PS. an email. I chose him because of his references, his location and that he is affiliated with our own hospital here in town. This is the actual first email I sent to him.

Message: Hi I'm 47 and was hoping that I might have a chance to improve my breasts with augmentation. I had a heart attack in May 2010 with no damage done to my heart, and I have three stents in place. Does this disqualify me as a possible candidate for surgery? I am on plavix and 325 mg. aspirin daily but I completed a 12 week cardiac rehabillitation program and feel great. I was just wondering if I should stop hoping or dreaming about this?

His response came Sunday evening,
Thank you for your inquiry. Normally we perform breast augmentation in my office based surgical suite but with your history, we would do your surgery in a hospital setting for your safety. That said, you are still very capable of having breast augmentation. It's a 30 minute procedure that is done as an outpatient and require 3-5 days of initial downtime and 2 weeks until full recovery. Please come in for a consultation so that we can further discuss your individual needs.

I look forward to meeting you.

Ok first of all I was blown away that he wrote back to me, and thrilled that I still had a chance. I called and set up a consultation and my husband and I were so excited to go. There was a woman who came in first and talked with us then gave me a gown saying I needed to remove my blouse and bra and put this on to open in the front. I did ask her if she thought I might be too far gone or hopeless and she laughed saying no he is great at what he does. I took a sports bra but it wasn't the firmer kind they prefer and they had some there so I could try the sizers on. My PS. is great, he scooted right up in front of me and was measuring and talking with us the whole time. He answered all the questions I had and kept bringing my husband in on it too. He got an idea of what we were looking for and then sat next to me with his laptop and was drawing exactly the types of things he would need to do and what all the measurements were for. He made us laugh but you could see too that he was professional and knew what he was doing. I had to stand up topless of course and get photos done and how funny is it to have your husband and another man sitting there pointing things out like one is lower than the other and her shoulder has a tilt etc. I didn't care though it all seemed like progress to me. Then he gave me the sports bra and implants about the size we had mentioned. Then said to put my blouse back on so we could see how my clothes looked over them. He was so cute even tying the blouse for me so hubby could see the definition. I asked if we could take pics too to look at later and he said sure. My man took one and the doc said let me do this I'm a pro and he got great shots for us to look at later. My husband was looking and not saying alot and I said what are you thinking, you aren't talking and all he could say was "it's pretty sweet" lol. He was discussing the differences of silicone and saline and the doctor pointed out that my skin is thin and saline has a tendency to ripple at the edges which would probably show more on someone like me. The silicone is more expensive and you can't adjust the size after they are in like you can saline but they feel more real. He explained the need to put them behind the muscle because otherwise it's like putting an orange in a sock LOL that made such perfect sense to me. He has a great sense of humor. Like I said too he graduated from art school so I feel like he has a vision of what can be done and hubby said he had artistic license in surgery as well. He showed us a whole book of his patients and explained what they had done so we could see scars, timelines ages ect. Very impressive I have to say, he prides himself on doing a job well. He didn't pressure us at all or try to change our minds about things. Then shortly before we were done my husband said didn't you want to ask him about the other thing and I didn't know what he meant and then he said the mommy makeover deal. I was thrilled and what PS wouldn't be as well right? I asked him about scarring and would I scar like I did from c-sections so he said let me see and I showed him and he said "oh ya not a problem" I WAS SOLD! We went directly over to another womans office and did the paper work for financing. She gave us total prices and the numbers for CareCredit to apply online where you get an answer within 24 hours. We were approved and ready to roll...soooo excited. His anesthesiologist called and gave me his opinion and what a great guy he was too. Put my mind at ease in alot of ways.

SO then was my appt. on Dec. 5th 2010 with the cardiologist. Everything was going great until I mentioned needing to know how long I would need to be off of Plavix and aspirin for surgery? When I told him I wanted breast augmentation he sat back down and would not let me out of there without explaining clearly the importance of being on that for at least one full year. He did agree to have me come back in April and we will go from there towards what I want to do. I was sad but now we are almost to that meeting so I'm feeling better about it. I did the 12 weeks of cardiac rehabilitation and they worked me out good there and taught me how to watch and do what I can on my own at home. I had a treadmill and we bought a Reebok elliptical that has 12 preset programs on it. I love working out with these things I feel better and stronger than ever and I just want to keep going.

April 3, 2011
I had my yearly visit with my OB/GYN last Thursday and about knocked him of his stool telling him I had had a heart attack. I've known him now for 26 years and three babies. I had a great check up and asked him if he had known of any of his patients having a mommy makeover? He wasn't exactly sure what I meant so I said breast augmentation and a tummy tuck and he said oh is that what they call it lol. He said he did and that they were pleased with the results. But he couldn't get past the heart attack thing as I could see his mind working and he was probably thinking why would I be thinking about that after what had happened to me. That's the thing though like I said, I'm alive, I survived it and I feel great. Even one of the doctors on here that answers our questions made the comment that I am actually in much better health and condition to do this now than before the heart attack and stents. These doctors are great about answering these questions here at RealSelf. They agree I need all clearances and so far I'm doing good, My doc gave me a slip for the mammogram and a great report on my visit there so onward I go. Next stop the cardiologist. CAN'T WAIT!! I also got a slip to have an ultrasound on my uterus due to some pelvic pain.

April 7, 2011
April 7th 2011 is going to have a whole new memory for me now!!! On the 6th my oldest son turned 25 then on the 7th I usually have kind of a sad day because it would be 24 years now that my mother died. My sons 1st birthday party was the last time I saw her alive. Now I have a reason to celebrate April 7th because I went to my cardiologist for my check up and he said everything was excellent!!! All of my blood work, my weight, the fact that I am exercising and no signs of heart problems at all. He said exactly what the PS here said about how I am far healthier now than I was before the heart attack. So I said...now can I have the surgery? And he said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooo thrilled I just wanted to hug him (but I didn't) He said just be sure to wait until you hit the 1 year mark which is May 30 th...the only other thing was to ask my PS if it would be ok for me to take 1 baby asprin each day I have to be off of the full asprin and Plavix. THAT'S IT! I don't even need another stress test or EKG beforehand. This is what I sent my hubby as a text "IT'S ON BABY!!" ( o Y o ) SO I hurried up when I came home and sent an email to my PS telling him I got permission and to ask about the baby aspirin. AND WHEN CAN WE SCHEDULE THIS BA

I want this soooo much the more I see and hear...

Hugs,
Mom_me :)

SO then was my appt. on Dec. 5th 2010 with the...

April 18, 2011 Hi Janet, The earliest date...

April 18, 2011
Hi Janet,
The earliest date that I could get has turned out to be May 3rd for this second consult with Dr. Kluska. I'm so afraid it's going to push everything farther ahead and I won't get an early June surgery so that I have time to heal before my sons wedding. Vicky says everything fills up so quickly as I'm sure it does and a date for an operating room as well. Is there anyway we can set the date for surgery now so I don't miss out? We have the money for the scheduled date/day so that's not a problem. I'm sure that Dr. McDowell (cardiologist) would talk with Dr. Kluska since he said he knew him when he asked me who was doing the surgery. Just so Dr. Kluska knows that it's safe and we will do it in the hospital. I'm fairly certain that the reason for the second consultation is because we only discussed and took photos for the breast augmentation and only quickly talked about the TT also. Please let me know what you think.

~do I sound panicked?~ LOL... Desperate? YES! Sometimes I do think that I have this "hurry up and live now" mentality since the heart attack. :(

April 18, 2011 From Janet:

Since it has been nearly six months since he last saw you, he wants to go over everything again.

With regard to the surgery, I do not have the dates from anesthesiology yet. However, I have you on my list to schedule for early June when he gives me the dates.

When we see you on May 3, I will go over all of the costs with you and we will go from there.

See you soon!

Janet

My Reply:
Thank you so much :) this is great news. Have a nice day.

~So nothing left to do but wait and study and work out and work and run and do and yadda yadda yadda...~

The studying I do is here at RealSelf reading the girls presently healing, others like me hoping we can do it and seeing how many say that no matter what it's worth it and they would do it again in a second. This makes me happy but it also makes me less patient haha.

April 22, 2011
So this morning I went for the ultrasound and mammogram. I will only find out the results after the doctor and techs check it all out. I know that at some point my OB/GYN wants to do a hysterectomy to rid me of the frustrations of pain and heavy periods and now more pain after having the endometrial ablation two years ago. If you don't know anyone who has had one it's the cauterization of the lining of the uterus to cut down or eliminate periods. I still have two a month but now they are only like 5 days long instead of 10. The problem is sometimes I have horrible pain in the entire uterus and my doc says that sometimes the lining tries to grow back and there can be pooling of blood. This is why I had the ultrasound this morning. FYI if your bladder isn't full enough to do the test they have an internal one they can do instead. I chose to go that route instead of going for the mammogram, drinking a bunch more water and coming back for the test. Lucky for a student nurse I chose this option and she was able to observe and then take control of the wand herself and get some pics. lol It didn't bother me at all except that when I got home my period started again...uggghh.

I'm glad I have things to keep me busy like Easter. I can't wait to get to May 3rd!!!

I go back and forth in my head as to telling someone about my plans or not...I always opt for not but like everyone here says it consumes you and you can hardly talk about anything else. I'll just keep reading reviews and hopefully be very prepared for everything that comes along.

May 2, 2011
Tomorrow morning I go see my PS again. This is my second consult because it's been six months. I am terrified that he will tell me we can't do this!! Either way my life changes tomorrow morning. I got my sports bra to try on some implants and another man is about to touch my mushy belly :( OMG the things we go through for this! I hope I can sleep!!!

May 3, 2011

I am blown away today after my visit to the PS. I GET TO DO IT AND IT'S SET FOR JUNE 13th!!! We paid the first $500.00 toward the surgery too. Each thing is seperate, the anesthesiologist, hospital.

May 4, 20011

I think I am in shock really and I begged for an early date in June and I got it so now everything will progress very quickly and I will be so happy for that. I have so many things running through my head like what am I going to tell people. I am a caregiver and the woman I take care of had a stroke and is 95% of the time in bed and she is about 250 lbs. so I can manage to get her on the bed pan etc. but as far as lifting or pulling her up I'm not going to be able to do.that. So they were bummed but I told them I would need like six weeks off due to surgery. That was first on the list and I scooted around the reasons enough for now I think. I said I have (which I do) fibroid tumors in my breasts that need to be removed/drained and I may end up getting some type of augmentation and that my tummy muscles were very weak and by tightening them it should help to keep my uterus straight and support it so I don't end up having a hysterectomy. Don't ask me how but so far this worked. I go back and forth with everyone else and want to share or tell but then I freak out and think no I need to wait. Mother in law will not know until it's over, that's all there is to that one. I can't for the life of me figure out why it is so hard to say the same things I told my husband about how I feel to have nothing left for breasts. It was so wonderful and amazing when I breast fed and I felt so much a woman and mother but now...what do I have now? I know you all know exactly how I feel about these things which makes me so happy to be here. Kimmers is amazing and I could not wait to tell her about my good news and she was right there to cheer me on and wish me well, saying prayers and giving cyber hugs. She told me to document this journey and I am happy to do so for all of us. My story was a little different and I honestly can say that I did not make this decision because of my heart attack last year but I did have it and since then my life has been changing and this is just one more thing that I want to do for a positive path to my future.

May 5th, 2011

Happy Cinco De Mayo Girls!!

I've got some pics from my visit to the doctors office where I tried on some implants so I need to get my review page going to get on these things or my whole deal will be posted after everything and that won't be the same. There just isn't enough time in a day is there? My PS said that I had a slight bit of scoliosis...has anyone else heard that? Because I really think it's from us holding babies on our hips all these years. My back curves the other way like a sway back so now I'm tilted to the side too??? I'm beginning to feel a little like the elephant man here. Got to get the whole money thing in order now.

May 6th, 2011

My hubby says he has the money situation all taken care of... :) My Hero!

May 11, 2011

Today I received the slip for bloodwork and a chest x ray that needs to be done ten days prior to my surgery date. I can't even begin to explain how happy I am that it could be scheduled so soon. I would go insane if it was farther away. My sister was hounding me about my mammogram and sonogram results so I told her I need to talk to my ob/gyn about some issues that I was having that she knew about like the fibrocystic disorder and post endimitrial ablasion and that he had some ideas but I can't see him until next Tuesday so she is cool with that for now. I had to tell my youngest that he will need to make it clear to his workplace that he may not be on the schedule much for about two weeks next month and of course he is like WHY? then I say I'm having stuff done he says What? eventually I opted for the "just some girl stuff that I need some surgery for and I promise I'm not sick at all and I wouldn't lie to you, but you can't tell anyone" so he is fine with this as of now. My oldest son is 25 and he will be ALL OVER my case if he finds out. But he is harping on me to get a dress for the wedding...UGH! I got my balcony powerwashed before I went to work today so I feel better about that, now I'll have to get the deck out back done when I find some time and energy. lol

May 12th, 2011

Back deck scrubbed ahh that feels better. Just when I think I'm gonna be ahead of the game my mother in law brings me a bunch more bulbs to plant because otherwise they will die. It's only a couple hundred of them and I don't know what they are but I should find somewhere to put them in haha. I planted seeds and my herbs up on the balcony in pots so with rain due the next seven days I should be good on that. :/ I'm emailing with Janet from the docs office about paperwork like the chest x ray and bloodwork. I'll try to get my cardiologist to order them because I have the stents and I'm not sure how they work with x rays. I keep wanting to take some before pics but everyday flies by and I don't get to it. Must admit I havn't lost a single pound and I might have gained some haha. I think it's my period coming on again because my feet feel like little hot water bottles about to burst. He only asked that I lose 3 or 4 lbs. so how can I be so stubborn about that? I'll do better tomorrow ;)

May 15th Today I kept having the urge to say...

May 15th
Today I kept having the urge to say something to my oldest son about this. Luckily he and his fiance went to her parents camp for the day so I didn't have to stress over it. I planted tons of stuff outside so that I can walk away from that for a little healing time. I just made out the checks for the hospital and the anethesia earlier so they will be paid in plenty of time. Then we only need to take care of my PS. I don't have to fast for the blood work so I'll jump into the hospital for that and the chest x ray soon and it will all be set. I will get hubby to take some pre op pics for me this week so we can post them here. I just had so much fun trying on the implants at the office that I thought I would share the pics with some who haven't gotten to that point yet and wonder what it's like.

I had a big day! Sent out the checks for the...

I had a big day! Sent out the checks for the anesthesia and facility so they are paid in full. Also found out that we will only have to finance about $7,000.00 so the monthly payments will be lower and we have no finance charges if paid within a certain amount of time. INCENTIVE! I also told my sons and my sister. Not giving giving up the fact that it's a mommy makeover but they also know I'm not sick or anything like that. They say GO FOR IT! I am sooo excited today, big weights lifted!!!

May 25th I am exhausted!!! Too much stuff going...

May 25th
I am exhausted!!! Too much stuff going on to try to keep my mind only on the MM. I do think it's a good thing though that the time will just fly by. Everything is paid for and hubby and son have cleared with work when they will need to be off. I found an outfit to wear home from the hospital and it's washed and ready. I picked up some of the things like gauze, bacitracin, tape, fem wipes. Any other suggestions would be very helpful too. I'm seeing alot about nausea should I get crackers and gingerale for that? Or is it a different kind of nausea days after the surgery?

My PS asked me to lose 3 or 4 lbs and I think I...

My PS asked me to lose 3 or 4 lbs and I think I have gained 5 instead. Am I a rebel???

June 1, 2011 Wow what a day! I had a close call...

June 1, 2011
Wow what a day! I had a close call with the hospital payment. I had sent out the check two weeks ago and the darn thing was returned in my mail today. I was flipping because the payment has to be made in full two weeks prior to surgery. Luckily my husband called and the woman said no problem at all they had been giving out an old address by accident for a while now, so she gave us the right one and we sent it out. She reasurred us that it would not effect the surgery date. I had my final bloodwork and chest x ray today too so it's all done now. I don't think I will have a pre op with my PS because he had said we will see you at the hospital at our last visit. He seems very confident and I trust him to do a nice job. At the end of this day I FEEL GOOD AND READY!

Less than ten days now and I'm excited as can...

Less than ten days now and I'm excited as can be. The lady I take care of cries everytime she talks about me being off. I feel so bad but I've been a personal caregiver since I graduated highschool 30 years ago. Taking care of so many people, having three kids of my own and babysitting for most of my friends and relatives through the years. Now I need about 8 weeks for me and then I can get back to giving to others. I don't want to feel guilty about doing this but it's there, I just have to keep telling myself it's ok. No calls or emails from my PS office. I saw the check was cashed so I know they got it. Everything is falling into place and soon I'll be on the other side of this adventure. :)

I was freaking out today because I see everyone...

I was freaking out today because I see everyone saying about their pre op appt. and I won't see my ps until Monday morning when I show up. So I was worried I would do something wrong and they would send me home. Does anyone take blood pressure meds? I had three pages of things not to take like meds, vitamins etc. nothing about food except for green tea but I'm trying to be smart. My diet is limited anyway eating heart healthy. I'm seeing my husband slowly going to pieces and hearing from my 25 yr. old son now. He thinks people like my brothers will be mad that I didn't tell them. He thinks that if I go with a C cup that it will be outrageous lol. He say's I don't think you realize how big that is mom....OMG HELP! My husbands fears are of how I will do in surgery because of the heart attack last year. I told him I will be fine. My fears are not getting enough done around here before hand. So I had the ladder out cleaning ceiling fans (like anybody gives a damn but me) Everyday I get more done and I feel better. I am trying to avoid people who will wonder why I might refuse some wine etc. and I don't want to have to explain to everyone. When it's done it's done and I'll explain then. Right now I just don't have time to concentrate on what everyone else thinks and feels. Believe it or not my mother in law not knowing is what's driving these guys the nuttiest because they think she will freak out afterward. I don't want the stress of her freaking out beforehand and working me up...this is why she won't be told until it's done. My ps office did say Maureen will call tomorrow with all other instructions and that I will talk to the anesthesiologist Monday morning. If they aren't worried then I don't need to be either. Today has been a rollercoaster of emotions and sleep will feel good.

June, 11 2011 Yesterday was insane! When Maureen...

June, 11 2011
Yesterday was insane! When Maureen called and we were going over everything she said that the paper work said I asked for saline but I said NO silicone. She said we paid for saline so we had to get more money to them and because the price went up from last year we had to come up with 1,200.00 more. When it was all said and done I felt better. I also got the call from the pre op nurse and she told me what all meds to stop, what I can and can't do or have the days before. We have to be there at 7am Monday morning and are scheduled for 8:30am. I finally got to talk to my sister in law today and she was as wonderfully supportive as I knew she would be. We have to go to my mother in laws tomorrow morning for her birthday and as soon as we leave there my countdown will begin. I'm also very happy and excited for bybybelly..since we go on the same day!!! It's our turn yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy...

June 14th, 2011 I made it! lol I can really...

June 14th, 2011

I made it! lol I can really say that now. Everything went great and I'm sure I'll get better and better each day. Thank you all for supporting me through this. I'm going back to resting now. I have the best nurse ever...my hubby. He is doing such a great job keeping track of everything, taking care of my drain (I only had one yeahhh) We go back to the doc on Thursday so I'll have more answers then. I hope you are all feeling well and hope the pic isn't too graphic but if you are like me you want to know exactly what to expect. Thanks ladies...big hugs to all

I feel better today I think because I took enough...

I feel better today I think because I took enough pain meds. I was afraid to take them before because of the nausea but as long as I eat something I am fine. I only have one drain so I used a skinny headband at the top of my thigh and safety pinned it on there for the shower. My lower back felt like it would snap after sleeping in the reclined chair so I had my son get the "coma pad" which is a big pad that goes on the chair and it has heat and vibrations with tons of options as to where to hit. It just makes you want to pass out when you use it. My doctor gave me valium I guess for relaxing the muscles and percoset for pain. I'm wondering when I can start to massage my breasts to get them to drop?? I saw that there is a line going from my belly button down to the other incision so I need to find out why he did that, it wasn't discussed before. The bottom left of my incision from the tt looks like it's almost completely healed today. I sure hope the drain can come out tomorrow, it's only putting out 5cc's every two hours. The doctors office staff and the surgical center have been calling twice a day to check on me. My heart doctor was glad to hear I was going back on the plavix today, I hope it doesn't cause bleeding problems. I doubt they would put me on it if it would. I told my husband that I could feel a kind of gurgling in my left breast and he read the paper where it says that's normal oxygen and fluid draining away from the implants. Just thought I would mention it because I hadn't seen it here before. Have a nice day girls!

My dear Orlando let me tell you how brilliant you...

My dear Orlando let me tell you how brilliant you are! I will cut and paste this as my 5th day post op update too because it's too painful to repeat lol. I couldn't see a thing so that's why I got hub to take that shot after my shower. I needed to see what all was done. Well great I saw...I was able to post it here for all of our girls to see too BUT THEN...I forgot to erase it from the camera card so when when my husband went to visit his 85 year old father today for fathers day and decided to show him the new pics of the bride and groom to be (our son) guess what was the FIRST picture to pop up on the screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dad say's what in the world is this and hubby slams the laptop shut and OMG I don't think I'll ever be able to face the man again. Supposedly he said he couldn't make it out clearly enough but...YOU ARE A VERY WISE WOMAN NOT TO TAKE A PICTURE LIKE THAT DAY ONE SHOT!!! LMAO Other than that I feel pretty sore still and it feels like these boobs will explode so I'm icing them alot. The incisions seem to be healing shut and I'm not putting out much into the drain at all now and it's a lighter color. Tired of sitting on my ass and feel like I'll need a butt lift when this part is done. It's easier to get in and out of bed now but still first thing in the morning the sound of velcro is present as I have to strip off the garments to breathe and feel normal. How' everyone else feeling?

June 20 2011 OUCH! Trust me when I say that even...

June 20 2011
OUCH! Trust me when I say that even if you feel really good when you wake up you better not overdo it for the day. I am so swollen I feel like I could burst. I have lots of pinches pulls and tender spots but that's all part of healing. I have some pics to add for my seventh day mark. I had to do them myself and they turned out pretty bad but still gives an idea of progress in healing. Hope they are helpful. Just look at that bloating it feels as bad as it looks so put your butt in a chair and prop those feet when you can.

June 22, 2011 Well I had my second post op visit...

June 22, 2011
Well I had my second post op visit today and guess what? I still have the drain in. BOOO... but I get it and he says we will get it out on Monday. He says I'm very swollen, he says I'm healing great and he says my boobs look fantastic lol. Still not allowed to massage either and I have to wear these garments 24-7 except for showers. I can't get others yet. I thought I was peeling from some suntan but he says it's because of the swelling so I'm kinda like a snake right now. lol This gets sexier all the time ;) Naaa I'm cool I'll bide my time over the weekend and continue to hide this drain as best I can. I hope you all are doing well.

June 23, 2011 Doing better today as far as pain...

June 23, 2011
Doing better today as far as pain and movement. I seem to crash out if I sit down and a little unsteady on my feet. I overdid it yesterday and I think I felt it today by just being worn out. So I gave in and didn't do much except clean a box of strawberries. I washed my binder and compression bra again so I slipped on a cami just to see how I fill it out now even without a bra. I know they haven't settled yet but I'M LOVIN IT!!! lol

IT'S OUT!!!!!! MY DRAIN IS OUT!!! I feel like a...

IT'S OUT!!!!!! MY DRAIN IS OUT!!! I feel like a helium balloon that was let go! It is miraculous how much difference just something like that makes. I honestly feel for those of you who had multiple drains because I've been whining for days about having just the one. I go back on Saturday to have a massage at the spa my PS has and it is supposed to get rid of excess fluid or swelling. I also have a follow up appt. two weeks from now. I'm not allowed to start working out for another two weeks. Maybe tiny crunches while lying in bed but beyond that only the breast massaging to get the implants into place. I don't have to wear the garment bra anymore but I do have to keep the binder on. I'm a very happy girl tonight. :) :) :) I hope you all are feeling good as well.

I am 16 days PO and let me tell you that you will...

I am 16 days PO and let me tell you that you will be sorry if you overdo it. This is really hard because we are feeling so much better but I was up and did too much yesterday and am still hurting from it today. It's from the muscle repair and even ice isn't making it feel much better. I changed my bandages and made my binder tighter for support and I am behaving myself. Otherwise everything seems to be healing well I'm just tender like I did a killer workout or something.

July 11th 2011 Well here I am at week 4 even...

July 11th 2011
Well here I am at week 4 even though I miscounted and marked my last pictures as week 4 and it was only three weeks. I still think my boobs need to "go home" and drop already. It takes time I know but they wouldn't look so strange to me if they dropped. I don't know if when you open the pics you can see there are a few places where stitches are sticking out. They look like littl pieces of fishing line. Has anyone else had that real tight band of vertical tissue underneathe the breasts? You can see it when I lift my arms and I'm not sure what it is? Muscle? Skin? Tendons? All I know is it hurts if I go too far reaching so I'm avoiding it.

July 13, 2011 Well I heard back from one of the...

July 13, 2011
Well I heard back from one of the surgeons on here as to the bands under my breasts and what to do about them. What you are describing sounds like a Mondor's band extending down from the breast. These are typically self-limited and respond to massage, Motrin and time. Early in a surgeon's career, they might think a scar release is necessary but time and experience with this teaches one that these bands resolve without surgery.

I'll make sure that my PS knows about it and agrees on Friday. I hope everyone feels good out there today.

This was posted in the wrong place: July 3,...

This was posted in the wrong place:
July 3, 2011
So tomorrow will be three weeks post op for me. Yesterday I went for a massage at the spa my PC's wife has in his building. It was only lying on my back which I was happy about and the girl showed me how to massage my scars to get them to go flat and to keep the implants moving into their final destination and get them to soften. I still think they look kinda wild today but I believe from all the other after pics I've seen here that I'm on my way too. I am amazed at how the body heals also. I do have those stabbing jabbing pains inside both my belly and my breasts but "feeling means healing" and I do want to get back all sensations in the end. I'm beginning to see my binder as the enemy in trying to decide what to wear daily and it feels like I'm so huge with it on so I'll be shopping for another type of garment as soon as the doc approves it. I'm adding a few new pics the ones with clothes on were from last week and I believe there is a difference in how high the implants were sitting then as compared to today which is the nude pics. Figured I'd show the healing progress to date. I hope everyone is well. I'm always wondering about my girls here.

July 15th, 2011
Ok it will be five weeks PO for me on Monday. I saw my PS today and he said I look phenominal and thong ready LOL! He said I can do anything I want to now. He took out the tiny little pieces of stitches that were poking out and said I didn't have to wear my binder any more. I was so thrilled I took it off asap and guess what two hours later I put it back on. I'll have to wean myself off and onto something else for the support. I told him I had a problem and then showed him the Mondors Bands (cords) and he got a kick out of the fact that I knew what they were. He said he was going to fix them and with some manipulation of some sort HE DID! Yes it hurt and I had no idea what he did but it worked!! They were hurting alot and super tender after he fixed them but whatever he did worked. I don't have to go back for six weeks and he said we will take pictures then. I am to continue the massages of the breasts and he said whatever I am doing for scar treatment that I should just keep on doing it. I am excited to get back to some workouts because My ass feels like it's falling into a deep depression of it's own :/ I go see my cardiologist next week and he will need to know I'm doing what's right for my heart. I need to get some tanning done soon and get myself ready for this wedding in Oct. I am soooo happy to be done with this and be at nearly five weeks post op with no restrictions. I will be smart though because I'm sure it's easy to overdo it and I know I still have some swelling times to deal with too. I hope everyone is feeling good out there!

July 25th I just wrote an entire update and then...

July 25th I just wrote an entire update and then the browser crashed!!!!!! I lost it all...but I'll be back to redo it and I have new six week post op pics too. SAVING THIS ONE NOW!!! UGH!

Hi all, I am missing you all so much and...

Hi all,
I am missing you all so much and wondering how you are. I went back to work at five weeks and it's not giving me enough ME time to be here. I am feeling fantastic honestly. Both in and out of clothes I feel great! The only pain I have is right above my belly button by the end of the day from muscle repair. I just read from the doctors here that it's very normal and will fade in time. If I am uncomfortable I put on my binder (I know don't laugh) but I still find it so comforting at times. I'm going to put up some pics here for my six week post op healing process. I hope everyone is doing well and I am trying to check in as much as possible. Big hugs to all!!!

Aug. 14th 2011 Hi girls I hope everyone is doing...

Aug. 14th 2011
Hi girls I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. I uploaded a bunch of pics but I'll filter through them soon and delete some to make space on the server for others pics. I am two months post op and feeling better than ever. It goes really fast once you start to feel a little stronger so don't despair ok. I really don't have any post surgery issues now except maybe the little puffy areas right above my areolas but they decrease every week because of the massaging I do. This should make my areolas round out as much as possible in the end. I love where they are at,I love the size not too big or small and they are so nice to touch. In and out of clothes I feel so content and I could care less about my stretch marks or scars now. Nothing was as bad as seeing those empty boobs falling out of bras or tops for all the wrong reasons. ;) I know you will be so happy that you had these things done too even if you are in pain, feeling bored, tired or stir crazy right now. I'm so happy for everyone who is through surgery, and for those waiting not so patiently like I did. If you need or want anything from me don't hesitate to send a message on here or let me know and I'll send you my email. I am happy to help in anyway I can because that's what Kimmers and all the ladies have done for me. You know when this world seems to SUCK and sometimes it does out there, it's so nice to come here where we find natural maternal unconditional love and acceptance, comfort and support. You are all so beautiful and I am so happy to be a part of all of this. Smile ladies!! Big hugs all around from your Mom_me xoxxoox

Aug.24, 2011 Well as of Monday I was 9 weeks...

Aug.24, 2011

Well as of Monday I was 9 weeks post op. and I had my final appt. with my PS. He did the after pics and they were a far cry from the befores so I'm sure he's gonna like having those to show future clients. He did a great job no doubt about it and took very good care of me too. http://www.cosmeticcontours.com is his website if you want to check him out. I don't need to go back for an entire year now unless I would have a problem and that's just to check on the implants. He did look a little shocked when I told him that I put my binder back on two hours after he said I could throw it away. But he also said it does give some sense of comfort and security to alot of women. I know I drove them insane there in the beginning just desperatly wanting to have this mommy makeover done and heal before my sons wedding. Now I'm ready to do whatever needs to be done and I feel great with no pain. I'm working out again so I feel strong and healthy. I got a great report from my cardiologist and I'll see my family doctor next Tuesday just for a check up and most likely won't have to see him for a year then. I've come a long way since having my heart attack last year and I've had alot of help throughout. My family my friends my doctors and all of you here and I am so very thankful for every single one of you. Dr. Kluska (and my hubby) gave me a refreshed body to go with my second chance at living life to the fullest and the best way to thank them is to take excellent care of it all. In two short months my first born will get married and I'll be there with bells on saying "I MADE IT!!" Love to all my girls XOXOXOXOX

Tomorrow is 11 weeks post op for me so I'm gonna...

Tomorrow is 11 weeks post op for me so I'm gonna do a quick update. I feel great, I still get swelling towards the end of the day and some pain at the top of where the muscle repair was done. Maybe I mentioned though that the lady I am a caregiver for is 250 lbs and sometimes I have to try to pull her up from the head of her hospital bed so I'm sure that's what's bugging it. It will go away eventually. My scars recently have been very tender to the touch so I know I'm not finished healing but they look better all the time too. I do still have a very numb belly like the size of a plate but doc says that's about a years healing. No problem for me it's just a funny sensation. I saw my family doctor and everything is great. I'll have some blood work in about six months just to see what's what otherwise I'm free and clear of all doctors unless I have a problem. YAYYYY! I have to say that no one is happier after all of this than my husband. Because I am not hiding, or fearfull of him looking at me or touching me. I am not cutting myself down (not bragging either) but he is just so happy that I am happy. I got my dress for the wedding!!! First store, first dress I picked up, it was the only one like it and it fit perfectly. Got my shoes, panty hose and back up panty hose. I ran into Burlington Coat Factory store and I'll tell you they had a ton of different body shaper garments and they weren't expensive at all. I grabbed a couple different things to wear while at work due to my lifting, bending etc. I'll be sure to post a dress pic too. I hope everyone is well, healing and getting ready for upcoming surgeries. XOXOXOX

Jan. 29 2012 Hi All I just wanted to post a quick...

Jan. 29 2012
Hi All I just wanted to post a quick update for my 7 1/2 month mark. I'm feeling great and I hope you all are too. I am thrilled with my progress and wearing things I definitely wouldn't before and feeling very much a woman. Ohhh to finally have my chest sticking out farther than my belly hahaha. My scars are healing very well too and my tummy and nipple area have more feeling all the time. I figured I show you my NOW figure!! Just a few shots and guess what ladies I'm not wearing a bra in this black top...wow am I ever happy I did this mommy makeover!

Putting up a few new picturs at 7 1/2 months post...

Putting up a few new picturs at 7 1/2 months post op to show the scars because they look so bad when it's first done and scary. Sorry about the flash but even with that you can see they don't stay red. My old stretch marks are worse than the new scars. I think I am the only person that had 3 vertical c sections :(

I miss everyone here sooooo much. I wanted to send...

I miss everyone here sooooo much. I wanted to send up a couple pictures at the nearly two year mark..I hope everyone is well and I congratulate all of you who have decided to take this journey too.

Http://www.cosmeticcontours...

http://www.cosmeticcontours.com Dr. Kluska and his staff are excellent. He has a great sense of humor in the office but yesterday on my surgery day he was quite serious beforehand and I believe his work will show how good he is at what he does. We couldn't have picked a better doctor. He is located in Greensburg, Pa. and his office number is 724-836-0400 cosmeticcontours.com is the website. The girls are all wonderful and personable. Please visit his site to see the vast amount of services he offers, you won't be disappointed. Just look at my pictures and you can see how he changed my life.