Lasik Definitely Worth It! - Pennsylvania

I've been wearing glasses since age 4 with...

I've been wearing glasses since age 4 with heavier & higher rx until 6 yrs ago at age 52. I had lasik done! One eye now "sees" distance the other "close". It's perfect for me. (My brain brings everything into focus, so it's not like I have to close one eye to see far or near.) I was thrilled to wake up one day and see the clock across the room! I was so "blind" before I could not see near or far before, it was annoying and nearly debilitating! You've heard the expression "legally blind?" Lasik was a miracle for me and so glad I did it.

My doctor did my mom's corrective cataract surgery the year prior to my decision to go to him for Lasik. She thought he was a godsend and sent me to him to "fix" my sight. I never saw her so happy as after her cataracts were replaced with new lenses and she could see again (she also had heavy rx and been wearing glasses since a young age. The cataracts were giving her distorted and decreasing vision.) At age 71 she was so giggly and happy, I had to go get my vision fixed by the same doc!