The Best in the Business - Pennsylvania

Had acne scars, went for resurfacing in Tampa,...

Had acne scars, went for resurfacing in Tampa, came out much worse than before.

Philadelphia Dermatologist

He is the best you'll ever find. He has a friendly manner yet very professional. Makes you feel your his only patient. Listens & cares about how you feel & what you want. Staff is amazing. You'll never go to anyone else after meeting him. He knows what laser to use for whatever problem you have. Can't put a price, it varies with each procedure.

I saw Dr. Bernstein after my IPL damage. I was about 2 months out. I was devestated. So much that when I got to his office, I was crying. He told me he saw no scarring (I have it all over my face, I never did before IPL) and that I should see a psychiatrist. Oh, but he did offer me a laser and then said, "Don't cry now, wait until I tell you the price." He was trying to be funny, but I found it in very poor taste. When I asked him if the laser he was trying to sell me could possibly make my damage worse, he changed his tune and said, "See? You are the type of person I would never want to perform any treatments on." ?? The whole "consultation" lasted about 10 minutes, and he still charged me the fee. All he did was send me to a dermatologist who is also a psychiatrist. I would NEVER EVER go back to that man if he was the best laser specialist on this planet. I'm very glad he helped you. I'm sure he is really good at what he does, but his bedside manner left much to be desired.
Hey adav, I'm so sorry to hear you had bad results from IPL. What doctor did that to you? I had IPL by Dr Pollock in Ft Washington after my laser resurfacing that was done by Dr Jasin in Tampa. The resurfacing left me with tons of scars, dents & my face was beat red for months. The IPL help me with getting the red out & I didn't get any scars from it. . I went to so many doctors to help & no one would except Dr Bernstein. I'm so sorry to hear he treated you like that. He saw my scars & he did lots of treatments but I still have them after 6 treatments of fraxel restore, 2 affirms, 2 perfectas & smoothbeam. I haven't seen him since last Dec. I had to go back to Tampa for the summer While there I found another doctor who supposed to be good with fillers so I had another fraxel treatment with her & some sculptra that takes a while to grow.Still waiting to see results from the that since I had it done in Aug. I have another fraxel due in Jan. when I go back. I'm kind of at my wits ends now. It's been 6 yrs that I've been dealing with laser damage. I'm on meds to sleep & function. I know how devestating it is to see your face scarred. It changed my life, I have anxiety every time I have to go anywhere & now can't sleep. If you don't want to post the Dr's name who did the IPL on the board message me to talk privately. Maybe between me & you we can find someone who can help us. I'll let you know who I've seen & you can tell me about any ones you see. Also how long ago did this happen to you?. I see you said you were 2 months out when you saw Bernstein but I didn't know how long ago that was & if you found anyone since then who helped.
Hey Stetson, The fraxel dual seem to help. I had 4 treatments & he said to wait for at least 3 or 4 months to go by to see changes. He is the only one i would let touch me with a laser. I think it would help with shallow scars. I also tried a tca peel at 10% & one at 20% that helped too. He's a sweetheart.. Since you only have shallow scars he'll tell you which is best for you. Mine were deep.
I have 3 very shallow scars that have bothered me for years. Would The Fraxel dual work. They are mild and small. What would be my best option? Looking to make it with Dr Bernstein but never met him. Just on internet. Thanks
Sats, what treatments are your receiving to correct the negative resurfacing treatment?
Their deep scars all over so their going to take a while, but they look better & color is more even, I still need more treatments. Dr Bernstein is the only doctor who would help. Others were afraid to touch me, they didn't have the experiance to "fix" me. Skin takes a long time to heal. A layer of skin is taken off with resurfacing so your skin gets thinner. I would never recomend it unless you've seen someone who had it done & like the results. My doctor in Tampa was horrible. Make sure you see good reviews about the doctor you choose. It could be the biggest regret you ever have.

Thanks for the info, please keep me updated.

-Britt

So everything is fixed?

Hi Sats,

I'm not sure I understand, you voted "worth it," but said you came out much worse than before? What made it worth it but worse, are you going back to get if fixed? How much was it? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks

-Britt

I went to a doctor in tampa for resurfacing. He was horrible. I would never do resurfacing again it cost 5,000.00 I was left with scars all over. He wouldn't help me after he saw what he did. The Doctor knew he messed me up so i got my money back.I came back home to Philly and met Dr Bernstein. He's great. He's helped a lot. Sorry I meant Dr Bernstein was worth it. Not resurfacing but I think if Dr Bernstein did it i wouldn't have the problems i had with the doctor in Tampa. Any questions about Bernstein just ask.
What treatment are you doing with Dr. Bernstein to correct the damage? Please give an update?