On Tray 5, So Far Pretty Happy with my Decision

So I'm 18 and my teeth are pretty messed up, so I...

So I'm 18 and my teeth are pretty messed up, so I decided it was finally time to do something about it. I spoke with my Dentist about the possibility of invisalign and she was all about it.

I got my impressions done and got my first set of aligners sometime in February. Getting them on, I was real nervous about the lisp that I was told I would have and wasn't sure how the attachments would be. Getting them on, however, my anxieties were eased. The lisp is honestly barely noticeable. The first two days, when the aligners are really tight on your teeth, the lisp is more noticeable, but after you barely notice it unless you think about it. I wasn't thrilled about the 10 attachments I had to get, but they really aren't that noticeable; people only see when I point them out.

As far as people noticing at all, unless I tell people, they have no idea. Being on tray 5 of 21 on the top and 5 of 14 on the bottom, I haven't noticed too many differences in my teeth. Maybe it's because I'm so critical of myself, but I hope to see more difference soon. The Dentist says she sees differences and says I should notice more by tray 8 or 9.

I'm happy at this point with my decision. They're not noticeable, they weren't as expensive as anticipated, and they're not uncomfortable at all. I hate having to take them out all the time to eat, but it's nothing to do it at all; it's worth it for the straight teeth.

If you have any questions, comment below and I'll answer back.