Saved My Life - Montgomery County, PA

I was over 400# could not bend over without...

I was over 400# could not bend over without swooning, could not take a step without a walker. Needed help on steps. I was ready to lay down and die, I was literally moments from being in a wheelchair.

I had been researching it for years and finally decided its now or die. So I did it. And today not quite 5 years laters I am down 285#.

I am still a food-a-holic. I must keep a tight reign on myself not to splurge. I don't want to give up my size 8 pants or my size 6 blouses for anything. Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels.

Philadelphia Bariatric Surgeon

He may not be a wordsmith, but he knows what it takes to get you where you need to be. I owe him my life.

Congrats.

Must be great not carrying all that weight any more. Especially in hot weather.

Thanks for your update. It's really useful for our community members and you've certainly worked hard to change your lifestyle.

Thanks for your post. You look really good and the hard work you have put in definitely shows!

If you don't mind me asking, how have your eating habits changed? Do you still have to consciously make a decision to not eat certain "unhealthy" foods or is it automatic now?

Kirsty

I ask myself before putting anything in my mouth "is this for pleasure or for nutrition?" Then the choice comes if its for pleasure can I deal with just a taste? If not, I have to skip it. Certain things could cause a trigger reaction that I may not be able to control, while other things are just curiosity. The majority of the decisions I have to make are portion control. Almost anything I want to eat can be redone in a healthier version. Its a lifelong commitment to myself.