Dr. John J.W. Lee. Would never recommend.

Consulted with three plastic surgeons and one...

Consulted with three plastic surgeons and one oculoplastic surgeon. Started this search three years ago. Have been stalking this site for months reading everyone's reviews. Thank you, I t has been very helpful. Had surgery under local in office. Felt comfortable with eye specialist and online pictures. Made it quite clear I just wanted the skin off lashes, nothing else. Medial fat was also removed. Eight days out and kinda of freaking out and I hope for no reason, but clearly my incisions are not even and I am upset. He mentioned my left brow being higher and suggested an endoscopic lift which I declined. Also suggested doing lower lids, but I take things in small steps. Plus my lowers don't bother me. At this point and time I am not happy. But I also know I am early post op. I have my follow up tomorrow morning so hopefully I will be reassured. Incisions very red and eyelids are still swollen and lumpy. Expected lumps but it is very red. Thanks for listening.

13 days out

Hey everyone. Need some advice. Know I am early but very concerned about asymmetry. Anyone deal with this and had an acceptable outcome? Has anyone massaged incisions? Appreciate any input. Thanks.

Sick

Not getting any better. As you can see because of the uneven incisions my eyelids are now asymmetric. Went to the mall today for the first time and had to leave. Could not stand looking at my asymmetric eyes.

Bad results and pain

Eyes asymmetric. Every last bit of fat was literally ripped out in corner by nose. Was marked but not measured. Have skin hanging laterally over right side. States I need brow lift. Suggested this at consult but did NOT tell me eyes would be so asymmetric if not done or I would have NOT had this done I think the worse part is the pain I am experiencing in the left inner eye by nose where there was more fat. Doctor looked but said he could not see anything. Solution by this doctor is to lower left crease and raise right eyebrow. Really? Why was the left crease made SO high initially? Like I would ever let this man cut me again. As you can tell by earlier photos incision are not symmetric. This entire experience has been devastating for me. Went to revision specialist who has seen other patients from this doctor. Do not let him touch you! Will post photos later.

Add Dr name?

How do I list Doctor's name?

Three months out. Rating changed to not worth it with this doctor.

Photos from today. I think upper blepharoplasty has awesome results if done by a great surgeon. I have seen the great results on this site. Just wanted to put this doctor's name out there so no one has to experience what I have been going through. Plenty of great surgeons out there. Dr Lee is not one of them.

Seven months post op

This is the result of being marked when lying down right before surgery. Who does that??? Never measured. Two fat pads removed from still painful left inner eye. Didn't even know inner eye had two. No pin size hole and some fat teased out. Nope all gone. Anguish and headache past seven months. Very difficult dealing with results. Suppose to improve looks not make you look weird and feel self conscious. Not a professional, meticulous surgeon which is what you want for eyelid surgery. My husband does carpentry work and measures WOOD twice before cutting. Wish I had gone to another Doctor.

Awful result. Asymmetry and PAIN.

Asymmetry, and still ever present eye pain. Hollow inner eyes. Every single minute of every single day I have the sensation that something is stuck in corner of left inner eye. I can only imagine from aggressive fat removal and surgical (lack of) technique. Diagnosed with orbital inflammation. Never any eye issues prior to this so called eyelid expert damaging my left eye. Currently using restasis but not helping. So to sum it up, I am left with eye pain, hollow inner eyes, asymmetry, and right lateral droop. The worst is the pain since I unfortunately get to pick. Some days it borders on driving me mad. A constant reminder of my poor choice and trust in this so called surgeon. This has been a living hell for me!

Eleven months later...

A little over 11 months post up and still dealing with daily pain/discomfort, hollowness inner eye region and asymmetry. The health and well being of my left eye is ruined and I look worse instead of better because of this negligent surgeon. This outcome was totally avoidable. I trusted this eyelid specialist to perform a meticulous surgery. He did not. No just rip all the fat cushion out of inner eyes and cut unevenly (never measured once and marked lying down, NEVER even sat up) because it is an assembly line. Please think very long and hard before you let him cut you. I am keeping up with my postings to put his name out there so no one ever has to live my nightmare. Not to mention the constant eye pain that never leaves me.
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

I will give my final review pending outcome of this procedure.