55 Y/o Female Wanting Excess Skin Removed from Upper Lids - Pennsylvania

Consulted with three plastic surgeons and one...

Consulted with three plastic surgeons and one oculoplastic surgeon. Started this search three years ago. Have been stalking this site for months reading everyone's reviews. Thank you, I t has been very helpful. Had surgery under local in office. Felt comfortable with eye specialist and online pictures. Made it quite clear I just wanted the skin off lashes, nothing else. Medial fat was also removed. Eight days out and kinda of freaking out and I hope for no reason, but clearly my incisions are not even and I am upset. He mentioned my left brow being higher and suggested an endoscopic lift which I declined. Also suggested doing lower lids, but I take things in small steps. Plus my lowers don't bother me. At this point and time I am not happy. But I also know I am early post op. I have my follow up tomorrow morning so hopefully I will be reassured. Incisions very red and eyelids are still swollen and lumpy. Expected lumps but it is very red. Thanks for listening.

13 days out

Hey everyone. Need some advice. Know I am early but very concerned about asymmetry. Anyone deal with this and had an acceptable outcome? Has anyone massaged incisions? Appreciate any input. Thanks.

I will give my final review pending outcome of this procedure.

i massage my scars everyday with a drop of olive oil and they have really softened!
Hi Molly. No one is perfectly symmetrical .....and each eye heals in its own time. Check my progress. My right is not as open as my left but it was way worse in terms of sagginess. My left is now the slower to finish healing, of the two. Sometimes reading all of this and looking in the mirror all the time, causes the imagination to run riot. Try to relax. I didn't massage the lumps and bumps and incision very often if at all. It felt awful. My PS said they would go whether I massage or not. You actually look good in 13 days pic. Kelocote is a gel for scars that a lot of ladies have used. It might comfort you.
I've decided to go with an oculoplastic surgeon under local anesthesia in his office as well. Was the procedure very uncomfortable? I also had the option of having it done at a surgery center with anesthesia but decided against it because of the extra cost. Any advice?
Anne I think your question was directed to Molly not to me....I had general. So check back with her directly Generally no pain just discomfort and a feeling of tightness for a while.
Hi Anne, I was given something to relax me so no, no issues with discomfort. You will have needles placed in lids but I really didn't feel them. Good luck!
Thanks, Molly, I'm still a few weeks out. Too much time to think, I guess.
Sorry, Cassandra. I'm new to this and still trying to figure out how to navigate....
No problem Anne .....keep us posted. You will be fine ....fear is normal. Just get into the best physical state you can beforehand so your recovery will be quicker
No. Not Harrisburg.
Hope you are doing better. Did you have this done in Harrisburg?
Hang in there!  The first couple weeks can be rough, but as you mentioned it is hard to know what your results will be this early post-op.

I hope you keep us posted on your healing progress.
Keep us posted. Did you use an Ocularplastic?
Yes. Oculoplastic specialist. Thanks Jill. How do you post photos?
Here is a tutorial on how to add photos: