Swapped out Old Salines for New Silicones - Pearland, TX

18 years or so ago I had saline implants put in...

18 years or so ago I had saline implants put in over the muscle, inframammary. I went from a B cup to a D with 350 & 300 cc implants. They looked so natural, I had to show my scar several times so people would believe me. About 6 months ago I decided to lose some weight Ive been piling on over the years. I began working out and almost immediately I noticed one of my breasts was misshapen when I laid on my back. It wasn't flat nor was there a leak, but I could feel the edge of the bag and it seemed like it was sideways or something odd like that. I entered my questions on this site and received several responses from doctors. Most said I had a rupture or a leak but i lost no volume so I myself questioned that diagnosis.

I went to three doctors who responded to me for consultations. Right off the bat I was told I had no rupture, no capsular contracture, no problems actually, other than normal sagging due to the heaviness of the implants. A breast lift, silicone implants, and putting them behind the muscle was the overall consensus. One doctor said to me (literally), "Debbie, you're 47. You got, what, 20 or 30 good years left to you. Why do you want big fake implants?" Some bedside manner huh? He wanted to take them out and sculpt my excess breast tissue into some cones that he had invented. That didn't sound like my cup of tea.

Last but not least, Dr Leo Lapuerta. What can I say about this doctor? Right off the bat, I knew he would be the one. Let me interject that my original doctor, Billy Ringer, was no longer in the business, having suffered some personal problems and losing his license years ago, so he wasn't an option. But just like I knew Dr Ringer would do my first one, I knew Dr Lapuerta would do my revision.He answered all my questions, AND he gave me two quotes to ponder. One with the breast lift and one without.

To make a long story short, my friend told me when they go behind the muscle it hurts something fierce, as shes had it done twice. I did not want that degree of pain, so I requested that my new implants go directly where my current ones were. In front of the muscle, no breast lift (maxopexy) and incision made under the breast like the first ones were. Dr Lapuerta stated that would not be a problem whatsoever. Today the 21st of December is my 1 week post op exam. I have 475 cc's in each of cohesive silicone gel implants, medium profiles. I am ecstatic. I've had absolutely no bruising, very little pain, no swelling. I kept my old implants which look remarkably well, out of my body, that is. I can see where the bag was tipped over almost inside me. And silicone just feels so much better than saline, in my opinion. My first augmentation was one of the most painful uncomfortable procedures Ive ever encountered. The massaging of the implants, the swelling, the "torpedo-ish" look initially..all that blew me away. I was not prepared for the shooting pains I got for almost a year after. This time around...a piece of cake. I didnt want the breast lift because at my age I dont need them to stand at attention. It looks unnatural, and I did not want the scars that you get from the keyhole incisions either. Im glad I did it my way because I could not be happier.

Ok so I'm 5 weeks post op with the new silicone...

Ok so I'm 5 weeks post op with the new silicone implants, and I am completely thrilled with them. Not only are they fuller, but silicone, to me, is so much better than my saline implants were. The difference in the actual feel of my breasts is incredible.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

you look great. btw-behind the muscle dosent hurt at all
Thanks Beth. I just didnt want ANYTHING different other than the actual implants. I go what I asked for and am over the moon with the new ones./
Deb, congrats for doing it your way, I think you look great and you're right, who cares if your nips don't stick straight up like an 18 yr old. If you feel comfy with them where they are, more power to you! BTW, how do they feel now? Do they feel more natural than the salines did?
The difference between the saline feel and the silicone feel is tremendous. The silicones are so soft and pliable where the saline were soft but in a firmer way. I am a fan of the silicone. They rock.

I'm so glad you're happy with your results. Thanks for sharing on RealSelf!