Pearl Laser Day 4

I am a 45 year old female. I had the pearl laser...

I am a 45 year old female. I had the pearl laser 4 days ago (note: I had a late appt. so when I drove home it was dark & nobody saw my red face w/the Aquaphor).

The pain of the procedure wasn't too bad due to the numbing cream applied 45 minutes prior to the procedure. The only real sensitive area was around my upper lip - I felt a stinging sensation around that area.

Once I got home I prepared the vinegar solution (2 cups of water w/one teaspoon of white vinegar) which I have been using with clean face clothes (washed w/out detergent & fabric softener) 4-8 times daily to speed the recovery.

The "grid" pattern on my face which developed after the 2nd day is still around but not as bad. My face is feeling pretty tight but that is normal. I should start "sloughing" off my dead skin in the next day or so. I have not been outside since my procedure. I don't like using Aquaphor since it is a petroleum based product but that product was recommended (there is another product called Egyptian Magic that is like Aquaphor but w/out being petroleum based but this office did not recommend it).

Currently I cannot say whether this procedure has been worth it but I have high hopes. I did this procedure to help w/brown spots and to lessen some fine lines around my eyes.

This is Day 7 after my treatment (neck), and I still have seen no sloughing. The redness is going away. It doesn't seem possible that there would be no peeling. Has anyone had this experience?
Well - it's been almost a year since I had my last Pearl Laser Treatment. I decided to do the same treatment this month since I had a free certificate for the treatment. Recent photos of me 12 months after my 1st procedure were a disappointment. I still have many fine lines around my eyes that seemed to improve when I initially had the procedure done in 2008, however, they came back months later. Had I not had a free coupon, I do not believe I would have wasted my money doing it a 2nd time. I forgot how uncomfortable the procedure is during and especially afterwards. I had it done on Wed. evening and it's now Friday night. I am in moderate pain and my face looks red & swollen. I am hoping to return to work on Monday but I may have to take it off. After this latest time, I think I will call it quits for this treatment. I hear the Fraxel laser is better. My normal skin tone is fair.
Which health care provider performed your Pearl laster treatment?
Thanks for sharing Prudence! How do you feel about the pro-cedure after a little time has gone by? I am trying to decide between the Pearl Fractional or the CO2 laser to deal with wrinkles. Who is your doctor, if you are happy, I would like to see him too! Thanks again!
I had Pearl on Sat @noon it is now Wed. It hurt for about 1 hour after the treatment. It lessened considerably after that! My skin is definitely softer and looks puffier (less wrinkled) I also had Titan collagen stimulation laser which I hope will enhance the Pearl's effects. My skin is now Pink with some sore spots that I pray will dissappear. The final result? its too soon to decide
where did you get this done?
Thanks for the update Prudence. I heard that you're supposed to see your skin gradually improve in, say, the next several months. Let us know whether you do. It's awsome that you didn't have to pay for this procedure! So the $600 is what it wouuld have cost for one treatment?
It's been a couple weeks since my pearl laser treatment. I have observed that my brown spots on my face have definitely lightened. Also, my fine lines look a little less pronounced but yes I still have them. I guess being a 45 year old that's part of life! I wish my fine lines around my eyes were slightly more "improved." I may schedule another pearl laser treatment after the next few months but I'm on the fence. I won a free treatment so at least it won't cost me anything :) Overall, I'm happy with the results and I have no complaints. If I do decide to do another treatment, I'm going to see if they can get closer to the corner of my eyes where I have the most lines. Other than the short "social down time" this procedure worked for me.
Hi Prudence. Would you keep us posted on your recovery progress? I'm doing some research myself and would love to hear your experience. Thanks!