Tip Swelling 2 Mos. After Rhinoplasty - Pasadena, CA

I opted for rhinoplasty just to file down a small...

I opted for rhinoplasty just to file down a small bump on my bridge. Turns out the tip swelled up like a clown and was resistant to much improvement after 8 weeks. Finally I bought some Arnicare Arnica Gel and put it on a Q-tip to spread into my swollen inner nostril areas. It has been two days and I can see a difference finally in healing and swelling is going down. I bought it at Wal-Greens for $9.99 and really glad I did.

I wasn't expecting the tip to become swollen and...

I wasn't expecting the tip to become swollen and stay swollen for sooooooo long. I started using Apple Cider Vinegar on a Q-tip to the swollen inner nostril area. It helped a lot for the edema as I had researched.

Hippocrates recognized its healing powers as both an antiseptic and antibiotic

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/146418-medicinal-uses-for-apple-cider-vinegar/#ixzz1NxyPIyng
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Board certified and good communicator. Only reason I didn't put excellent is because of my nose tip swollen for so long. May not be doctor's fault though. The Arnicare Arnica Gel is the best remedy I found to help the swelling and healing process.

Updated on 31 May 2011:
Just expect a longer healing period if this is a revision rhinoplasty surgery. Your skin is thicker and takes longer to take to its new form. Seriously the Apple Cider Vinegar is safe and very healing.

Awesome that this worked for you! Thanks for sharing your "tip" here on RealSelf. Clown-like is definitely not the look you were going for, I'm sure.