Tip Swelling 2 Mos. After Rhinoplasty - Pasadena, CA

I opted for rhinoplasty just to file down a small...

I opted for rhinoplasty just to file down a small bump on my bridge. Turns out the tip swelled up like a clown and was resistant to much improvement after 8 weeks. Finally I bought some Arnicare Arnica Gel and put it on a Q-tip to spread into my swollen inner nostril areas. It has been two days and I can see a difference finally in healing and swelling is going down. I bought it at Wal-Greens for $9.99 and really glad I did.

I wasn't expecting the tip to become swollen and...

I wasn't expecting the tip to become swollen and stay swollen for sooooooo long. I started using Apple Cider Vinegar on a Q-tip to the swollen inner nostril area. It helped a lot for the edema as I had researched.

Hippocrates recognized its healing powers as both an antiseptic and antibiotic

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/146418-medicinal-uses-for-apple-cider-vinegar/#ixzz1NxyPIyng
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Board certified and good communicator. Only reason I didn't put excellent is because of my nose tip swollen for so long. May not be doctor's fault though. The Arnicare Arnica Gel is the best remedy I found to help the swelling and healing process.

Updated on 31 May 2011:
Just expect a longer healing period if this is a revision rhinoplasty surgery. Your skin is thicker and takes longer to take to its new form. Seriously the Apple Cider Vinegar is safe and very healing.