Smart Lipo Upper Arms - Pasadena, CA (Very Happy, Thank you Dr. Martin O'Toole)

Here we go, I had such a fantastic experience with...

Here we go, I had such a fantastic experience with my Smart Lipo of the Chin & Neck... the results have been amazing. I am very pleased. I have now scheduled to have Smart Lipo of the Upper Arms! My personal goal is to feel good wearing a tank top or short sleeves. What I have learned out of this, is not everyone has the same results and there are always risk factors. The key for me is trusting the doctor and staff who will be providing my care.

On December 21, 2012 I had Smart Lipo of the the...

On December 21, 2012 I had Smart Lipo of the the upper arms done, immediately after the procedure I noticed change. There was just about 500ml (=to just about 1 pound) of fat removed from each upper arm. There were a total of 4 incisions in each arm with bruising noted immediately after procedure. Pain during the procedure was at most a 4/10 on a pain scale, which is less than I expected because the upper arms are sensitive to begin with. I don't want to forget, your arm compression gear needs to be woren 24/7 till cleared by the doctor. That's just about 2 weeks! Day 1 the pain was tolerated with 1 Percocet every 6 hours. Day 2, my biggest challenge of the day, was wiping after using the restroom. And because I had to work nightshift, 12 hours, I could not use Percocet (so I brought along the Tylenol, which I only had to take once for the entire shift). Arms are sensitive to pain, and because it's the holidays people, needless to say I got alot of hugs. :)! Day 3, just woke up and felt compelled to write about where I am now. Right now, pain is about 1-2/10. I am able to cross over each arm without difficult, and no issues wiping. Swelling is minimal, but I contribute that to wearing the compression gear 24/7. Bruising now is primarily at the upper and lower part of the upper arm, the entry site to the procedure. I am very pleased!

Day 6 (December 26, 2012), I woke up concerned...

Day 6 (December 26, 2012), I woke up concerned about my arms warms to touch with increase increase in pain. I called the office, and a prescription was called in within a few minutes. (The attention and service was amazing, thank you Sarah).
Day 10, I noticed that my swelling had started to go down and no more bruising... I made the mistake of not sleeping with my compression garment on... and woke up an increase in upper arm swelling.
Day 13, Follow-up appointment: stitches removed & cleared from wearing compression garment. Minimal swelling noted on the upper arms. Dr. O'Toole spent over 30 minutes with me discussing care and making sure I understood everything necessary. (His bedside manners are awesome! He is well respected amongst his peers.)
I am now at 2 1/2 weeks, back of the upper arms are still sensitive (this is to be expected) to touch and sometimes I have noticed that this discomfort makes it difficult to sleep. I was given a prescription of Percocet for 20 tablets prior to the procedure... I use these only on nights when the discomfort keeps me from falling asleep. If I have any discomfort during the day, Tylenol is able to relieve the discomfort.
Martin O'Toole, MD

I found out about my doctor from realself and reviews. I had such an amazing first experience... I choose to do my upper arms.

It's just about the 3 month mark! Ok, here it is... I never fit right into tops/jackets, I went from an extra large top/jacket to medium top/jacket! No sagging arms...Yes they are still slightly sensitive to touch. Am I SO HAPPY I HAD THIS DONE!
Just curious...Did you see a noticeable difference in your arms right away? If not, how long did it take for you to see a nice change? I'm a week post-op and not seeing a big change in my arms. Just need a little vote of confidence, but it appears from your pictures that a noticeable change was around the 2 week mark? Would that be a fair assumption?
NO, those pictures was taken 1 day post-op it haven't even been 2 weeks for my arms until this Friday. I notice the difference immediately, now i'm not seeing as fast of results with the abs, flanks, and etc. like the arms............
They look great! I'm hoping for as good of results. Hoping mine are just gonna show better in a week or do when the swelling goes down more. I saw an immediate difference in my back though, which is awesome!
Thanks hun. I just think that eveyone's body is different and actually it has a mind of its own. I just wish this tightness in my stomach area hurry up and go away it stops me from getting up and sitting down.......
That doesn't sound like fun at all! It's hard to have patience, but I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon. It can only get better from here, right?? :)
Right, my husband told me to take some L-Glutamine which is a tissue recovery agent that you put in water, so hopefully this will heal me internally.
Thank you for sharing! You are not far from me, and your arms look much slimmer. Maybe I will request a consult from your Dr. Could you please keep us updated by sharing photos of the incision scars? I'm very interested in this op, but I wonder how visible the scars will be.
I posted an updated picture, near the elbow you will see a slight skin discoloration... This is what my incision site looks like, about 1/2 cm circular.
Your results are incredible! I go in on the 23rd to have my procedure of the arms and upper back done. I hope my results turn out as good as yours has. Thanks so much for sharing as it helps to set my nervous mind at ease! :)
Checking in on you, how are you doing?
As you know i had my second surgery yesterday and all i can say is very very very sore and sleepy, but i know that its well woth it.
I'm doing pretty well. The swelling and compression garment have been a bit annoying though! I can see a big difference on my back, but my arms are not as noticeable of a change. I am hopeful that it's just the swelling, but it does make me nervous. I have to go back to work tomorrow, so trying to rest up today.
I can feel your pain. I suppose to go back as well don't know if it's gonna happen though I'm not feeling so hot. I been resting but I still feel worn out.
I am so glad I came across your posting. I'm am having my upper arms done 01/15 and I have purchased two xtra compression garments to ensure that I keep them on 24/7. Your results are real noticable and your arms look great! Please keep me posted and I will do the same.......
Thanks, my results are amazing (make sure your doctor is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon). For the last 15 years I have battled being overweight, now as I am dropping weight... my biggest concern was loose skin. The benefit of Smart Lipo is the tightening of the skin. I am about 2 1/2 weeks out, only on the back side of the upper arm, "feels sensitive still." You are smart by buying 2 compression garments, you will need it. Good luck on your upper arms on January 15, and post pictures!
I have only lost about 6 to 7 pounds. I know it may sound strange, but I felt like I was tired of the yo-yo diets and if I invested my money to get my body done then I would work even harder to keep it. I am a very curvy woman and most people tell me I look good, but my body is not to my satisfication, so I'm gonna do the procedure for me, and I have all the other tools to get me where I need to be afterwards. How many inches did you loose off the back of your arms. Mine measures 16" right now. I'm praying that they go down to about a 14 or 13, is this a reasonable expectation....
I have done yo-yo diets as well, the one that worked the best for me was the Hcg Cream (prescription only). I did 2 rounds of Hcg and lost a total of close to 40 pounds in less than 3 months, under a doctor's supervision. I am very curvy as well, and I feel the same as you about my body. As for the inches, unfortunately I did not measure before the procedure, sorry. After the procedure I went from my tops of XL to L.
Oh ok, what is HCG Cream never heard of that before, i've heard of the sublingiual kind but not that. Can you tell me more about how that works?
Here is the link to the doctor: http://www.drberkleyskinbody.com/
Thanks alot i'm about to review now.......

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Good luck with your upcoming procedure, I hope it all goes well for you. Please do come back and let us know how you're doing!