Picosure at Last - Pasadena, CA

I have eight horrible tattoos as a result of being...

I have eight horrible tattoos as a result of being an impulsive teenager. They have literally changed my life. I won't wear a bikini without a cover up or a short sleeve shirt/tank, even in the 100 degree weather during the summer, because I am embarrassed of my horrible tattoos. I have: Two (a star, and blue rose) on my left hip area. And three medium tattoos on my forearms. I have had all of tattoos treated three times over the past 2 years with a yag laser. Today was the day that I finally made the 8 hour round trip (4 hours each way) drive to Pasadena, CA from Vegas to Dr. Michael Schwartz's office. From the moment I arrived, I got a good vibe! The receptionists were very friendly. I filled out paperwork and didn't wait more than 5 minutes until I was taken to a room to discuss my tattoos with Dr. Schwartz. He is absolutely awesome! Very personable and put my worries at ease. I was only planning to get one tattoo (the blue rose) on my hip removed but I showed him the rest anyways. I let him know how much they have ruined my life and he offered me a package deal for ALL 8 of my tattoos until they are gone. I am so excited! I also asked for the numbing shot because my hip area is very sensitive, but he suggested trying numbing cream and laughing gas first and to use the shot as a last resort. I am so glad he suggested that because the laughing gas helped immensely! I thought the Picosure would hurt more than the yag laser but with the laughing gas it wasn't half as bad! I ended up doing the two tattoos on my hip and three on my right arm (I didn't do my left arm because I just recently got it lasered with the yag). I will do all 8 tattoos when I return in 8 weeks. Nina was the nurse who performed my Picosure treatment. She is so nice and so helpful, she was great at keeping conversion to help keep my mind off of the pain! Everyone at the office was extremely nice. I forgot to snap before pictures of my tattoos before the treatment. I uploaded a pic of my left arm (untreated by Picosure as of today). The side by side comparison is before any treatments and after 3 yag treatments. I will upload updated pics of all tattoos 1 week post Picosure, and each week after that! I really suggest Dr. Schwartz's office to anyone in that area! He was so empathetic to the fact that my tattoos changed me! I can't wait to see the progress!

A couple hours post Picosure TX

Here are two photos of the 5 tattoos I had treated with the Picosure about 6 hours after treatment. The pain during the procedure was quite tolerable but after the pain was excruciating. The excruciating burning sensation subsided after an hour and then I was perfectly fine. The tattoos aren't sore thankfully, even where the blistered.

Found a before picture

I found a before picture of my right arm that was just treated with the picosure. It's a side by side. Left is before any treatments, left side is after 3 yag treatments.

Doctor Updated

Eva, the real self community manager fixed my review so it now shows the correct doctor. Thanks Eva. Tattoos are sore today, more than yesterday. All in all, still not too bad. :)

Update 1 week post 1 picosure tx

I am ecstatic!!!! My tattoos seem to be healing up extremely well. AND the blue rose on my hip that was ruining my my self-esteem the most, has rid of the blue 100% after one tx! The skin is still pink and tender so I will post pics in about a week or so. Picosure has worked wonders on my tattoos! Significant fading on all of my tattoos I had treated! Yay! :-)

12 days post Picosure - hypopigmentation

Here is my side 12 days post first picosure tx. As you can see it is still pink and tender and scabbed a little. There is hypopigmentation that I often experience because of my sensitive asian skin tone but is always subsides within a month. Excited that the blue is gone, just some black outline left. I'm thinking 1-2 more treatments on the rose. Hopeful!

Side by side

Side by side just because. Pre picosure and 12 days post first pico treatment

Arm 17 days post picosure tx

Here is my arm 17 days post pico tx. Is this must hypo-pigmentation normal? I have never had this much after a tx with the yag laser. The ink is significantly faded but so much hypo-pigmentation makes it hard to tell. Sorry for the before picture, it is the only I can find that shows the blue and red tattoo above the dreamcatcher. The blue and red tiny tattoo is where the most hypo-pigmentation is, even though my whole arm is very very pink.

Blue rose update

12 days post pico vs 32 days post pico. As you can see the 12 day photo had fresh pink skin, that has now faded and the black outline under the blue is now visible. The blue is completely gone. Yay! I have red spots that were much worse around the 3 week mark but they have faded tremendously. I'm sure they will gradually keep fading. All apart of the process :) I am heading to my next treatment 2/23. I will be getting both forearms and my side treated with the pico this time. Very happy with my results thus far! Dr. Schwartz is amazing and letting me come in for treatments on Sundays since I work M-F and can't make the 4 hour drive during the week.

Update - 5 weeks post 2nd pico tx

Here is the blue rose and star 5 weeks post 2nd pico. Hypopigmentation is going away, skin returning to normal color with significant fading in ink! Yay!

9 weeks post 1st and 2nd Picosure treatment

I have my next Picosure appointment scheduled for May 16th. It will be my second session on my left arm and my third session on my hip and right arm. Here are pics 9 weeks post last session. Lots of hypo and hyper pigmentation. Getting worried :-/

3rd Picosure Treatment

3rd Picosure treatment is scheduled for June 12th. Will probably be the last one before my August 9th wedding. I have already arranged with my make-up artist to have them covered so I am happy about that. One less thing to stress about. :)

Update - 33 weeks post pico tx

I haven't had a tx in 33 weeks, got busy with vacations and a wedding. We used dermablend on my wedding day and the tattoos were completely covered and not one make-up stain on my white dress! :) It is a good thing I got so busy because within the past 33 weeks the hypo and hyper pigmentation has faded tremendously. I ended up cancelled my appointment in June. I am set to go for my next appointment in Novemeber. This will be my 2nd treatment on my left forearm (buddha, writing, lotus flower) and my 3rd treatment on my hip (star and rose), and my 3rd treatment as well on my right forearm (dreamcatchers, stars, etc). I will add pictures so you can see the faded hypo and hyper pigmentation.

Photos

These photos are 33 weeks post 1st and 2nd pico treatments.
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Couldn't have lucked out with a better doctor. Dr. Schwartz and his staff are the best!