Melanage Chemical Peel - Pasadena, CA

I am overall quite happy with the results. My...

I am overall quite happy with the results. My discoloration (from acne scars and sun damage) are almost gone, my skin is less oily, my pores are smaller and some wrinkles are less noticeable. I'd recommend the treatment to a friend. Absolutely! I'm also considering doing it again in a year or so.

The two things that I disliked were:
1. The first two days, I had a severe, scary burst of whitehead pimples all around my mouth and nose. I guess this is the most sensitive area and the chemicals burnt through the skin. This temporary situation disappeared once I started peeling for the next 5 days.
2. I was noticing more black heads than I had before. The good news is that those could be removed with a facial and with time appeared less and less.

The products:
My favourite ones were the face wash and the bleaching night time cream. I rarely used the other products and really disliked the sunscreen product - too thick and impossible to spread. Plus, made my face look waxy. I ended up using an alternative sunscreen.

Downtime was about 5 days and after 10 days any sort of irritation and redness were gone.

I am noticing quite a big difference and feel very happy with the results. Also, the doctor took before and after pictures and did sophisticated analysis of my skin for sun damage, wrinkles etc before and after. The results are amazing! I can't even remember what I looked like before.

Oh, I also had to buy new makeup - a whole shade lighter!

Good luck to everyone who decides to do this treatment.

Michelle Etherington from Skin Deep Laser Medspa

M was my doctor. We did the treatment on Saturday and she gave me her personal cell phone number in case I had any questions or things went wrong over the next couple of days (since she wasn't working those days even though the clinic was open). Very professional and personable. Also very knowledgeable. She answered all my questions and gave me alternatives to products. She also helped me find solutions to the things that bothered me.

texasmom05: I too am getting badly broken out from my mini-peel! Had it done January 30th - not happy! I had a Jessner's Peel last year and loved loved loved it! I will stick with that one from now on!

I had the mini-peel on Thursday. All the normal redness,etc. that I expected, have started some peeling tonight. But my face has a bumper crop of raised pimple-like bumps. I'm prone to some break-outs, but never this many? Has anyone else had this happen. I applied the melange 2 cream tonight, hoping this isn't going to prevent me continuing with the regiment. Any advice would be appreciated.
Yeah, I had the raised pimple-like bumps all over my face. Do not touch them! It is basically your skin reacting to the chemical burn. Those will disappear when the skin peals. Just be patient!
I had the Melanage peel for 5 days now looks promising, my question is my beard is growing and need to shave after five day, is there any harm for shaving
I just had this done on friday actually, the melanage mini....hmmm...My skin is super red...and irritated and horrible peeling. ugh....I cant wait until this is healed lol The products that she gave me in the little take home kit i recieved BURN...everything i put on my skin makes it more irritated and red....i just can't wait for this to heal...if the end result is looks good i will consider getting another one ..but at this point i honestly don't know if it's worth it!
It will all go away! Hang in there! I also was super red and my face was burning... I used the calming booster from Dermalogica. Basically, I used products (that weren't part of the kit) but that I knew my skin liked.

I used a different moisturizer, a calming booster and a different sunscreen.

Good luck!
I just had the mini peel performed today...getting it done at the derm clinic, washing off 4 hrs later and applying a red releif balm. I really want to delay the peeling...I have to go out of town Monday - Wednesday which is 5 days after peel was performed. I was wondering if I can use the SkinCeuticals Epidermal Repair which reads like it is for post-procedure cream for peels. Would someone advise whether I should do that or not to keep the peeling from happening so soon?? I will continue with the #2 kit cream when I return. Help Please...I was told I would be fininshed with redness and peeling by the time I leave...but I don't think that will be the case reading all these blogs.

Hi Los Angeles,

Thanks for the review. I'm glad it went so well. This is a really detailed review that will for sure help the community. Do you have any pictures, the community loves pictures of great work. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,