Melanage Chemical Peel - Pasadena, CA

I am overall quite happy with the results. My...

I am overall quite happy with the results. My discoloration (from acne scars and sun damage) are almost gone, my skin is less oily, my pores are smaller and some wrinkles are less noticeable. I'd recommend the treatment to a friend. Absolutely! I'm also considering doing it again in a year or so.

The two things that I disliked were:
1. The first two days, I had a severe, scary burst of whitehead pimples all around my mouth and nose. I guess this is the most sensitive area and the chemicals burnt through the skin. This temporary situation disappeared once I started peeling for the next 5 days.
2. I was noticing more black heads than I had before. The good news is that those could be removed with a facial and with time appeared less and less.

The products:
My favourite ones were the face wash and the bleaching night time cream. I rarely used the other products and really disliked the sunscreen product - too thick and impossible to spread. Plus, made my face look waxy. I ended up using an alternative sunscreen.

Downtime was about 5 days and after 10 days any sort of irritation and redness were gone.

I am noticing quite a big difference and feel very happy with the results. Also, the doctor took before and after pictures and did sophisticated analysis of my skin for sun damage, wrinkles etc before and after. The results are amazing! I can't even remember what I looked like before.

Oh, I also had to buy new makeup - a whole shade lighter!

Good luck to everyone who decides to do this treatment.

Michelle Etherington from Skin Deep Laser Medspa

M was my doctor. We did the treatment on Saturday and she gave me her personal cell phone number in case I had any questions or things went wrong over the next couple of days (since she wasn't working those days even though the clinic was open). Very professional and personable. Also very knowledgeable. She answered all my questions and gave me alternatives to products. She also helped me find solutions to the things that bothered me.