Smart Liposuction Chin & Neck - Pasadena, CA

1st day of my Micro Liposuction of the Chin &...

1st day of my Micro Liposuction of the Chin & Neck. Absolutely worth! Local anesthesia was the most painful part of it all, only part that I felt was from the actual procedure... the movement of the suction. Procedure took just about 60 minutes. There was minimal bruising. Ice packs on every couple of hours for 20 minutes (helped alot) & Tylenol. I was well educated by my doctor & this forum (that is why I am sharing my experience). ps WEAR YOUR CHIN STRAP!!!

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Provider has worked with over 20+ years in Plastic Surgery with no malpractice. His Healthgrade scores are primarily 10. He offered a free consultation, during the initial consultation he spent close to an hour understanding what my goals were, what was realistic, and explaining the procedure in detail. An added bonus, the staff was amazing from the receptionist to the office manager, to my rockin nurse who made sure that I had everything I needed.

I just had this procedure 4 days ago. I noticed a dent in the middle of my neck do you think this will go away?
I just had the same procedure done three days ago. I noticed i have a dent on my neck. Do you think this will go away?
Did he also kipoed ur jaw and neck or just chin?
*Lipoed
I want to get this done. Can you tell me if the lipo would leave you with sagging skin?
No sagging skin, still tight! I'll post updated pictures this week.
I am getting married in 4 weeks and am considering getting this done next week before my wedding (so would have 3 weeks recovery time). I am wondering if this is enough recovery time or if I would have the chance of having swelling and brusing on my wedding day...
If you are doing it on the neck, I would wait until after the wedding. There is a chance you could have some residual bruising and swelling and three weeks is cutting it short for such an important event. For other parts of the body, you should be fine.
Congrats adelaide03, to be honest with you... I am just about at the 2 month mark, minimal swelling & I did notice an amazing improvement at the 3 week mark. Bruising for me was at the base of the neck at the 2 week mark, and gone by the 3rd week. This decision will based on you, good luck!
Liposuction removes fat cells. After liposuction, many other fat cells remain in the treated area. This is true weather it is done by laser (SmartLipo), power-assisted lipo (PAL), or by ultrasound (UAL). It is best done when you are near your ideal body weight and still have unwanted bulges you wish to remove. If you gain weight afterwards, you will accumulate fat in all areas including the treated areas and not just in the areas where the liposuction was not done.
Your photos look great! I have been wanting to do this for a while, my only concern is what if one day i gain weigth (due to pregnancy for instance) where would the fat go? I know they go to a different part of the body. For isnatnce i had a liposculpture on my waist, and flanks. Now when i gain weigth the fat goes to my behind (back) Did you ask your surgeon?
Dancerca, Dr. O'Toole offered a free consultation prior to becoming his client. He first asked me what my ideal goal weight was, and what my plans were. I have been thin to morbid obese... my double chin was always there. That is why we agreed to do the chin and neck first. We then agreed after I lost another 10 to 15 pounds, to the under arms. I should also mention that I am a Registerd Nurse, with over 15 years of experience and a Type AA personality. (Every body is different, some gain in other areas. The best is to schedule a consultation with a doctor). My weight when I had the neck and chin was under 200 pounds, my goal weight is 150. The heaviest that I have been is 265 pounds.
Your photos look fab. I had my procedure yesterday...feeling a little sore, not too bad. Chin strap feels like it is choking me! :)
Chin strap is your BFF for now, wear it 24/7 until the doctor clears you (no more than 2 hours off a day). Remember to ice your face every 2 hours for 20 minutes for the first few days, this will help with your bruising. Sleep also at an angle (pillows) to help with the healing process.You might have some bruising at the base of your neck. This is from the fluid/medication during the procedure. So worth it, I'm 42 years old... I have to show my ID to get into the bar now. Next stop is smartlipo of the arms. Good Luck!
Just checking in on you, how are you doing?... you are just at the 2 week mark!
Thanks for your message! So far so good, no problems at all. May have liked a little more fat gone, but maybe I'm still a bit swollen :) your results look amazing...
You are still swollen, it gets better!!! I am still noticing changes at 2 months!
Hello! Im considering having this done at Athenix. I have had previous surgeries and they were great! Thank you for posting your results. :)
Your very welcome. I believe in sharing the knowledge. I'm looking forward to doing my arms next!
I found this video on youtube, which gently goes over smartlipo (copy and paste to browser)

Hey i am considering this - how many incisions did they make, has it left any scars?
I had a total of 3 incisions: one on each side of where the jaw line meets the ear & one below the chin. I am on day 6, sutures come out tomorrow. I will take a picture and post tomorrow when the sutures come out. ps (No one has noticed the sutures, they where placed nicely).
Thanks that would be really helpful.
I am just at the 6 week mark, honestly where the 3 incision sites are... they don't show in the pictures.
Thank you for your kind comments.